Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

^^ That's what I did with the UI (also included Gopher's nightvision stuff, and can confirm Flashlight goes after oHUD), and everything works fine. I had problems when I installed and moved each mod from Overwrite one by one. There's no advantage in separating them outside of FOMM anyway, as far as I can tell.

It isn't wrong to do so, but I wrote the guide the way I did to allow the mods to have separate folders for MO. If it is working for you your own way then keep using it. There is no 'ONE' way to do anything.

I know, and I really like that about MO and was hoping that way would work but it didn't and I'm sure you said you were having issues with FOMM, didn't mean to impose :/. It was just a suggestion for those few mods.

@Bugsbugme - are you the same person that updated XVision Children on the Nexus? If so, please send z92 a PM on the Nexus to confirm your mod author identity, and get a shiny mod author badge.

I am :)

I sent him a pm, although I'm not sure what you mean. Is a badge that thing you have that says "Staff"? Edit: Nevermind ;)

Edited by Bugsbugme

Also, just incase you were thinking of using MO 1.2.1 I couldn't get it to work with the new version of the 4GB loader, MO 1.1.1 seems to be fine though.

Can confirm this. Tried with a new install for new machine last night and just does nothing.

Firstly, thanks for guide! I haven't played New Vegas in ages but when I found your guide I thought I'd try it out... and then I came into some touble when I had to start using FOMM with MO.

It seems to be removing and replacing the files in a strange way, I really don't understand what it's doing but I think I might have found a way around it.

I simply installed the whole UI (upto and including uHUD, haven't gone past uHUD yet) section of the guide with FOMM all at once. All the files were then dumped into MO's "Overwrite" folder. After a quick test ingame, everything seemed to be fine.

From there I guess you could just do the "Create Mod" step and make a new Mod called "UI" or something.

I followed the same install order as in the guide, except instead of doing some with FOMM and some with MO, I just did them all at once through FOMM like you would if you were using FOMM normaly. Also, I had to install Flashlight NVSE AFTER oHUD and then you install uHUD.

I think it would be ok to do it this way as that section is meant to be done and then left alone, isn't it? Also, those mods are the only ones that require the use of FOMM to install.

I'm using FOMM 0.14.10.8, though I don't think that really matters. I tried several versions including the original FOMM and they all did the same thing.

Anyway hope it helps! :)

Also, just incase you were thinking of using MO 1.2.1 I couldn't get it to work with the new version of the 4GB loader, MO 1.1.1 seems to be fine though.

Did what You said about "User Interface" section and Installed the Whole thing with FOMM in one go.  Uhud->Darn Traits->Weapon Mod-> etc.  same order as guide. Got rid of a Lot of my problems.  Thought someone said about using Wrye Flash to do installs to but I don't have any experience with that.

Didn't install the FlashLight though...Tried ohud->flashlight b4 but no go.  But then I didn't combine them all into one MO mod either.

^did that (fixed my pause menu error startup_menu.xml with Darn n MCM) on a LvL 12 Char. No problems so far.  But then the esp/esm are all the same.  I thought the reason we installed seperately was bc of the .xml files don't interfere with each other.  Untill we mark them "Hide" in Mod Organizer.

Edited by AyleidRuin

The Flashlight works fine if it goes after oHUD. At least for me, anyway. YMMV. Have never had an issue with pulling each mod from Overwrite separately.

The problems I had with that section were 1) Forgetting the MCM Bug Fix and 2) Not doing the manual install of the menus. That's what I get for trying to go quickly, I guess.

Possibly off-topic but I really don't know where else to ask this.

I 've edited a song of my own preference -mp3 format-, cut it, edited and zipped it in a 7z file. The structure of the folder is Music/Special/ and the mp3 file renamed to MainTitle.

In MO everything looks fine, my mp3 appears to overwrite the data one, but when I launch the game I hear no music at all. After I get to the menu screen I can only hear the sounds when my mouse pointer hovers over the menu options. Nothing else.

That mp3 plays fine on my media player just like any other mp3 file. Also it plays fine if I click Open on it inside MO. I even overwrote the vanilla maintitle.mp3 on my vanilla Data directory same results.

It's like the game refusing to load that mp3. Its strange cause in the past I used to install that same mp3 successfully and its even stranger that if I install any other main menu song replacer that can be found on the nexus it will load and play fine.

Any ideas?

Edited by Brainfever

It's okay, development has slowed a bit so not a lot discussion is going on ATM. Things will pick up again in a week or so. Just gotta get through finals.

Good luck!

I just moved, but I am still working on getting a new station together. Downloaded like 15gigs of music to go through and it takes a while to collate everything together and get a good theme going on. :)

Well, my students are the ones that will need the luck. Probably, should have said give finals.

I would still think that is stressful too. With all the general bs and grading and what not. Would this be the correct time to insert a joke about hot students working for that grade? :P