Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

So, if anyone has been waiting for me to work on this guide some more, I'm sorry. My regular STEP duties and real life are enough for me that I can't put in serious time with this project. It will probably be another 7-10 days before I return to FLNV. That isn't to long to wait for a bunch of stuff about DDSopt and FNVEdit and NV Bounties I & II. Plus, the guide is perfectly playable in it's current state.

NV Bounties 1 and 2 would be awesome. I had a confirmation that NV Bounties 1 was perfectly compatible by one user and I'm about 1/3 of the way through when I did a little testing without issue. If I could one more person to playthrough it with the FLNV installed I could get it into the guide. Then move on to NV Bounties 2.

Or just any quest mod you might like to play. If using MO or Wrye Flash to install stuff you should just put it at the front. At least I think that is the best place for it. In the guide I have the quest section first so put the mod with Tales. You can see it here: https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Essarrbee/FalloutNewVegas#Quests

Pretty easy with MO, just install then drag and drop, and with Wrye Flash, you drag and drop first then install. Easy Peasy.

Yeah, really looking to get a decent male companion. Been waiting on Niner for awhile, so maybe Russel will fill that slot. I like Vincent Vincent but he doesn't really fit the style for the character I am playing, and I didn't like Desmond Harper. I played through NVB 1 like almost 2 years ago now and liked it, but didn't care for 2 at the time. I am looking forward to giving it another shot. For one talking about time I prolly won't get to a solid playthrough of either New Vegas or Skyrim until this fall some time. Just picked up Shadowrun Returns while it was cheap, and between learning the modding tools for that Wildstar will be launching at the end of the month and that will eat my time.

God its a great time to be a gamer!

I like the Afterschool Special Quest mod. You can basically follow the standard vanilla quest line, ie Goodsprings, down through Primm, pick up Willow, do her quests on the way up to Novac via Nipton, and then to Helios One, and it all fits in pretty seamless. Plus you get a handy place to store stuff as well. Ok you can get the Novac bungalow, but the Schoolhouse is another handy little place as well. Plus it's well voice acted, and you get another trader from it as well.

I tend to use the Novac bungalow for the important stuff and the Schoolhouse for stuff like crafting items, etc.

• +1 1

I have Bounties 1 and 2 (with Fixes for 2) + The Inheritance + Russel + With the Some-Guy series esm to tie it all together.  With willow and Tales from the burning sands. 

All is good so far.  About half way through Bounties 1.  Finished Part 2 of Tales.

Edited by AyleidRuin

Thank you for the input guys. It will help me out to know this stuff is stable with the guide when I return to testing. Usually I don't just play through stuff, I try to break it too. But, knowing that it was stable with the guide for a regular playthrough is awesome.

I've got Collision Mesh Overhaul on my radar ATM. It looks great and I have been meaning to look at Ragdoll Overhaul by the same author. Anybody with the testing bug should load it up. Put it before NVAC in the left pane of MO. It looks like a good candidate for Fixes. 

Yeah Tales is a bit of a throw back to old school RPGs. Your new plant comes with tutorial so just be careful and don't forget to feed it. I like that the house is in the middle of the map though. The only thing is that Willow also adds the bungalow with the sorter to Novac. That area might have a few to many homes.

At the beginning of the game if you start in Goodsprings I use Victor's house as my player house and I use the sortomatic mod file for this house.

Once I get the Chef's house I find it's location is ideal for me, which is part of the reason I added Sortomatic to it. However, if someone prefers to use another player house that doesn't already have the Sortomatic mod installed I can help with this; the detailed instructions used to be on the Sortomatic mod site but were removed because portions of the material are out of date with the newest version of Sortomatic. Since the Chef's house has multiple rooms with a lot of containers, I was able to add a more extensive set of default container uses than those in the other Sortomatic house mods I've seen.

I noticed that several new recipes were added in the recent TBS updates so I'll need to update the Sortomatic Chef's house mod to add any items used in new TBS recipes to the crafting benches. The items added to crafting benches by this mod should be usable in crafting benches in any Sortomatic-enabled house, by the way, as they are added to global lists.

Make sure you make use of the "plant" a lot if you want to get it's full value, by the way. It takes a long time to do this.

I'll admit that personally I use fast travel to the house once I'm in Novac and close to the elevator. It's pretty much the only use I make of fast travel.

Portable Tent by Fee510 is tested and I can say it's completely stable. No crashes and it's has an optional sorting option with crafting utilities.However, it misses a Project Nevada patch and although not really cumbersome, it places some of the crafting parts used by the new recipes, in it's trash can. The items are not destroyed.If too unrealistic, there is also a Realistic one from the same author. It has only 2 containers so no sorting option available.Both tents can be worn as a backpack, and you can alter the Weight and the Carry Weight to complement eachother.Both can only be bought once from either Chet (Goodsprings) or Cliff (Novac).And since I have heard you're thinking about adding TTW, here is is TTW Patch for the Realistic Tent.

Edited by TDarkShadow