Site Maintenance ×

Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Thanks for testing that mod. I like the survival stuff for new Vegas. It brings out the harsh wasteland aspect of stuff.

Yeah, it really does. I also love More Needs but it's causes crashes with my FNV.Edit: Also tested The Couriers Cache and doesn't cause crashes. Although the mod is a bit overpowered in my opinion. It comes with a house mod (sorting option available) and a rather nice, wasteland type. I mainly downloaded it for the weapons because it's let you make some custom weapons like a Flamer Assault Rifle. For the guide, it has a Robert Male Patch.

Edited by TDarkShadow

The only issue is that with FOOK already in play I'm going to end up cutting a lot of the equipment mods just because I mean...good lord, sometimes enough is enough. Other than that it shouldn't be too difficult. I'll let you know what issues I end up running into as I go along.

I should be back to working on STEP and F&LNV after Tuesday. I have to have all my grades in by then and I'm not teaching this summer, so I'm going to have some time to get some work done the next couple weeks. Hopefully, Once I finish the stuff I want to do with STEP, I can do the bigger projects for F&LNV I put off for to long, like texture optimization and FNVEdit stuff. The bashed patch seems to work well with all the proper bash tags that WilliamImm added, so conflict resolution will not be that big a deal.

Hello there!This is my very first post on the STEP Forum, I admit that I didn't read everything, so if I missed a part like presentation or something, please tell me ;)I wanted to say that this guide is more than useful, saved me a lot time and efforts!I used it with another pretty small mod that I'm sure you already aware of: Tale of Two Wastelands  :whistling: Of course I'm not using all of the mods you've listed but still a lot.Thank you for this :thumbsup:

Edited by Manos

Hello there!This is my very first post on the STEP Forum, I admit that I didn't read everything, so if I missed a part like presentation or something, please tell me ;)I wanted to say that this guide is more than useful, saved me a lot time and efforts!I used it with another pretty small mod that I'm sure you already aware of: Tale of Two Wastelands  :whistling: Of course I'm not using all of the mods you've listed but still a lot.Thank you for this :thumbsup:

Thank you for using it. Yes, that TTW mod has been calling to me for quite a while, but I just know it will absorb my life if I go down that road. One day maybe, I'll make a new guide for it.

Thank you for using it. Yes, that TTW mod has been calling to me for quite a while, but I just know it will absorb my life if I go down that road. One day maybe, I'll make a new guide for it.

A guide for TTW would be very nice but quite big too :)I know what it is, I've already spent a lot of time with this one.The latest version is well done and doesn't require so much work.Yossarian (Nevada Skies) recently did a TTW version of his mod, "FO3- A world of Pain" has been converted, "Mart Mutant Mod", there've got some patch for Project Nevada (not really needed but this patch change a few thing like .32 ammo to fit TTW in a better way)They provide a script to convert FO3 mods "quick and easy", some of them may require some extra but only to fit TTW in a better way, otherwise they still working good.Almost all if not all of the FNV mods are fully functional and doesn't require extra work.It's so enjoyable to travel between FO3 and FNV like this :) Edited by Manos
  • +1 1

Portable Tent by Fee510 is tested and I can say it's completely stable.

Just got a gamebreaking bug. If I now go inside the tent, my fps drops to 1 frame per 3-5 seconds, I hear ramblings of items falling and can't even pull out my pipboy or the main/pauze menu. This happend while I installed some new mods and removing them doesn't work. Do not recommend this to install. I use the default one. It could be the Realistic patch doesn't have this bug.

Long time since i posted in this topic, i have been busy with my New Vegas playthrough (and i'm happy to say that i had only 3 crashes in almost 150 hours of playthourgh).

Came here because i found a small problem with a mod from New Vegas Uncut (the  "If It Wasnt For Betsy" one) and since i read that was planned to be added into the guide i came here to warn you. Basically after having done the quest for hiring betsy i was unable to return to Big Mountain (and generally all the places were you can't have companions) because even if i had dismissed all of my companions the game thought that i still had one.

After looking at some scripts in FNVEdit it would seem that the Betsy follower script does not change the number of critter followers when you dismiss her (at least it didn't in my playthrough). If you happen into this problem, dismiss all of your followers, dismiss betsy, open the console and type: set "b16d0".bCritterInParty to 0

Edited by Lonewolf

Checking in to say that the FOOK-PN Convergence install went ok so far.  Just playtested for an hour or so to kill some Powdergangers and make sure leveled lists weren't going to make things asplode. So far it seems like downsizing to Pocobueno from a medium packaged Ojobueno seems to be doing the stability a lot of good since the last time I tried this. About to go poke around in FNVEdit and see exactly how bad of an idea this was. While I'm in there, any plans on adding any housing mods to the build? Or any advice on ones with a history of not breaking things?

I believe I've installed this to the letter but I have an issue where there is a black mark across my character's bare chest and shins. I tried to link a picture but I'm not sure how to do it.

Can anyone tell me where I've gone wrong.

Thank you for any help.