Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

MO v1.2.0 seems to install some of the mods that required FOMM, but uHUD and OneHUD still do not work. The installers now makes it through to the end now, but the make blank XML files and uHUD can't see what mods are installed.

At least it looks like the MO installer is getting closer to making FOMM redundant.

Recent updates were made to Willow (and Russel as well as Bounties II, but they're not on the list yet).

Also, that new Vault 22 Flora Overhaul sure looks pretty. I'll try it, though I'm pretty sure I'll be starting another new playthrough due to the new updates and some extra mods I added, so I dunno when I'll get to actually check it out.

Edited by VonDoom

I'll grab the Willow update & new Vault 22 Flora for a new playthrough, assuming I can tear myself away from my new Skyrim playthrough.

Good news (if you're a silver lining type) is that Star Citizen's dogfighting alpha will be a scaled roll-out, so all my gaming time won't be consumed by flight sim.

I wouldn't update Willow in a playthrough. You'll probably get some red exclamations in the bungalow and could mess up the quests if they are already in progress.

Hence why I'll be starting a new one, wasn't very far in anyway. :;):

Oh, are any of you using an ENB with the current setup? Any recommendations, perhaps?

Edited by VonDoom

Oh, are any of you using an ENB with the current setup? Any recommendations, perhaps?

I tested Diablotherium and liked it, only really had 2 issues, the interiors were just too dark and the sky at the end of Come Fly Away With Me with the scene where the rockets fly off was seriously screwed up. It looked like some seriously bad multi colored strobe effect you see in a ton of the late 80's music videos. Don't know enough about how the shaders work and how that instance is set up to identify the issue. The other thing that may be a problem is it shuts down nightvision/cateye. Night Vision you can work around by tying activacation to the same key set that turns off Enb.

Next up for me to try is Enhanced Shaders, and Rudy just got an update and its looking pretty good.

I also tried E Enb, and liked the shader effects (except Dof, I hate dof, I use Dusty Distance instead) but I hate the palette. Making everything cold/blue is just meh. Ewi used to maintain 2 different setups, a warm and a cold one, and wanted to try the warm one but it was removed before I got the chance.

Also, as a warning I use Vanilla weather. I don't even remember which 2 of the 3 that I have tried for NV but both of them had issues with weather transitions that drove me nuts. I would rather there just be no weather than weather that messes up the game for me.

I've been using/following this guide for the past few weeks now and I wanna say thanks for taking on such a project.  I just wanted to add something that may be worth checking out.  The best enb/weather mod I have used is URWLNV Ultimate edition.  It's not on the nexus, but is up over on Moddb.  Here is a link if anyone's interested in checking it out.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/urwlnv-ultimate-edition-v10-beta.  

It's the best looking enb/weather combo that I have used and has been very stable for me.  When following your guide I used this instead of Nevada Skies and Interior Lighting overhaul since it takes care of both.  It allows weather customization in-game so you can configure the stuff you don't care for, but I have found the stock settings work for me.  for load order, BOSS did not recognize it, so I had to use BUM.  I placed the .esm at the bottom of the esm list, and the esp's at the bottom (just before the bashed patch) in my load order.  On a side note, the enb that is included with the download is .216, but I upgraded to .249 (with some assistance from Marcurios) and it has been nothing but splendid.  I wanted to use .249 mainly because I just like to try out the latest and greatest.  .249 uses 2 config files for the enb, whereas .216 only had one.  If it's something that you may be interested in adding , I can ask Marcurios if he would be willing to update the mod with the latest enb.  

Early on I wanted to use that weather mod and the author is cool. He is active on the enb forums so the mod is supported. I want to go with enb eventually and will consider that mod for sure. I'm happy with the current state of weather and lighting while I work on the quest mods.

No one should expect any major updates for a couple of weeks. I have to many things going on right now. Family stuff, giving finals, writing the forward for a text book, working on publishing a new paper, and I still have to do my boyfriend duties. I would like to prioritize gaming to the top of the list, but that just isn't doable.

Operation Fixed Terrain v3.1

^Ever hear of it?  Removes invisable barriers from Main game/interiors and DLCs.

Mission Mojave - UT does the same, I believe.  But since that's not in the Fear and Loathing STEP, I installed OFT and trying it out.

Edited by AyleidRuin

I have seen that mod and was wondering if it was in another fixes mod. I've been forgetting to ask Yukichigai if he put any of the terrain fixes in YUP. I know not all of them in there yet since someone is working on that right now for yuki.

UPDATE:

It would seem that THIS Ultimate Invisible Wall Remover, would be the better choice.  UIWR covers interiors and DLCs.

OP:

OFT seems to go threw A Lot of areas, internal/external, gets rid of the invisable walls. 

The "oft3-01.rar" comes with single files and a Merge for all.  I am using Merge for all.  But read the "known problems" section of this readme.

Single file readme:

Name: OFT BaseAuthor: AWZ and Dekoman91Version: 3.0File: OFT_Base.esp===============Description:===============Fixes immersion breaking moments.===============Details:===============Mainly fixes faulty terrain. But also numerous floating/clipping statics. Fixes color of the terrain if needed.===============Known Problems:===============The LOD mesh is clipping through the terrain at some points. It does this at a bunch of places in the unmodded Fallout New Vegas and 4 spots are "caused" by OFT.However this will be fixed as soon as possible. As soon as I get GECK to generate the whole wasteland LOD. 

Edited by AyleidRuin

Firstly, thanks for guide! I haven't played New Vegas in ages but when I found your guide I thought I'd try it out... and then I came into some touble when I had to start using FOMM with MO.

It seems to be removing and replacing the files in a strange way, I really don't understand what it's doing but I think I might have found a way around it.

I simply installed the whole UI (upto and including uHUD, haven't gone past uHUD yet) section of the guide with FOMM all at once. All the files were then dumped into MO's "Overwrite" folder. After a quick test ingame, everything seemed to be fine.

From there I guess you could just do the "Create Mod" step and make a new Mod called "UI" or something.

I followed the same install order as in the guide, except instead of doing some with FOMM and some with MO, I just did them all at once through FOMM like you would if you were using FOMM normaly. Also, I had to install Flashlight NVSE AFTER oHUD and then you install uHUD.

I think it would be ok to do it this way as that section is meant to be done and then left alone, isn't it? Also, those mods are the only ones that require the use of FOMM to install.

I'm using FOMM 0.14.10.8, though I don't think that really matters. I tried several versions including the original FOMM and they all did the same thing.

Anyway hope it helps! :)

Also, just incase you were thinking of using MO 1.2.1 I couldn't get it to work with the new version of the 4GB loader, MO 1.1.1 seems to be fine though.

Edited by Bugsbugme
  • +1 1