Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

The latest one the 0.14.10.5Anyway I just installed the v0.13.23 from the older versions section and there seems to be no problem at all.

I've had problems with the new one as well. They should go back to the installer version.

I want to ask something else. I've reinstalled FNV and I am modding the game combining your guide and some documentations I've kept in the past from all my previous attempts modding this game. I am planning to use your guide as a base and then carefully try to implement any other mods I want.

Is there any particular reason why you suggest to install the "Low Res Textures" of the Enhanced Blood Textures mod? Is this due to performance impact reasons(I find that rather impossible) or it has to be low quality to play well with the Alternative Blood Spout mod(which exactly I m not planning to install cause I think the blood is way too low res)?

I want to ask something else. I've reinstalled FNV and I am modding the game combining your guide and some documentations I've kept in the past from all my previous attempts modding this game. I am planning to use your guide as a base and then carefully try to implement any other mods I want.

Is there any particular reason why you suggest to install the "Low Res Textures" of the Enhanced Blood Textures mod? Is this due to performance impact reasons(I find that rather impossible) or it has to be low quality to play well with the Alternative Blood Spout mod(which exactly I m not planning to install cause I think the blood is way too low res)?

No it is for performance reasons. I'm using mostly 1k and 2k textures and still hitting the VRAM wall. I have a 2GB card so if you have more then go for it with the high res blood.

Just wanted to let you know I appreciate this guide. My game is fully modded and hasn't crashed once.

Do you plan on incorporating A World Of Pain, or any other type of expansion to the guide?

Thanks for using the guide. I haven't really ventured into things like AWOP. I am working on adding new quests right now with Tales from the Burning Sands, then all of someguy's mods. I don't discourage the use of that mod, but I would have a hard time trouble shooting it if there are problems. I don't have experience with it and might not for a while, since there are just to many mods to get to.

My advice is to play the game until you get bored with the current character, then make a new profile with MO and try to incorporate AWOP and go through the mods you have adding in all the patches for it. I imagine there would be quite a few of them.

Found this mod right now https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/39768/? Dusty distance, I don't know if you were aware of it.

Looks spectacular and I believe it makes the desert feeling even stronger.

Only disadvantage, I don't think its compatible with Nevada Skies but someone has posted a patch in the comments section. I think it needs testing I might try it tonight.

If you do want to use AWOP along with the mods in this guide, you might want to look at two mods by Drithius, one of which provides some quest/NPC fixes as well as rebalancing of the weapons introduced by AWOP (which would be otherwise be overpowered if used anywhere else in FNV) and another mod to provide compatibility between the weapons in AWOP, WMX, and EVE. The AWOP compatibility mod assumes the WMXUE mod is used, but I looked in detail with FNVEdit at the differences between WMXUE and the new WMX DLC patch (which is used in this guide) and since WMXUE preserved the original WMX FormIDs it should be fairly straightforward with FNVEdit to change the compatibility mod to use WMX and the new WMX DLC patch.

Alright I added a couple mods that should have been added long time ago, but just got pushed to the back of my brain.

CASM with MCM and Armor Replacer Child NPC Fix. Plus, I removed lots of BUM instructions since WilliamImm added a bunch of stuff to the BOSS masterlist. Direct all thank you notes, love letters, and money at him.

The next time you start BUM after the masterlist has been updated it will ask you about deleting rules, but it throw up an error and freeze. If it does try starting it on it's own instead of through MO. Then it should not freeze. From there you can go back and start it through MO.

EDIT: Are there any gamepad users that want something about Xpadder with FNV, so you can take advantage of special PN hotkeys and the Weapon Wheel mod?

Also, I'm thinking of adding a separate page with MCM settings I use. Would this help anyone?

Also, I'm thinking of adding a separate page with MCM settings I use. Would this help anyone?

Yes. I find the suggestions in Neo's Skyrim Revisited guide very useful, and I expect having your MCM suggestions would also be quite useful for FNV.

I'm thinking the about doing a thing where both the Monocyte Breeder Implant and the Sub-Dermal Implant are upgradeable and have three levels.

I like the idea of the Reign Monocyte implant mod, but I was thinking the that sub-dermal armor might have limb regen stuff and I'll come up with something else for the monocyte breeder implant. This will obviously require Project Nevada since they make them into implants that you carry around and could take to a workbench and upgrade.

I could just make it for the regular game until then I figure out how PN does it magic.

Here is what I got so far:

• Sub-Dermal Armor - 8000 caps
    • 1st level - 4 DT
    • 2nd level - Inject Med-x when limb is crippled or inject antivenom when poisoned
      • Does not re-inject until you fix limbs
    • 3rd level - fix limbs
      • Only starts after 90 minutes (3 real world minutes) in game time at vanilla timescale, will make a timescale 20 and 15 version since it is easy and those are the PN default and my preferred timescale
      • Only will heal up to 15 or 20% (haven't decided yet), one limb at a time at 1 point/3 seconds
  • Monocyte Breeder - 12000 caps
    • 1st level - Health < 15% gain 4hp/3s, health < 75% gain 1hp/3s, health < 100% gain 1hp/6s
      • these might change and be a bit different as I work on it and balance for the game
    • 2nd level - Adrenaline injection
      • ​Stores adrenaline from body to inject when health drops
      • Increase END +1, AGL +1, speed +10% when health < 50%
      • Does not re-inject for at least half a day in game
      • That is the effect of having to regen adrenaline from body's adrenal gland
  • 3rd level - not sure, I've out done myself

Left me know what you guys think. I'm picking up GECK scripting pretty well, so this could be a whole thing. One idea that I have to make you go back to DR Usanagi for upgrade at 4000 caps to make the overpowered implant seem like it is worth it since you will need to sell a lot of guns and armor or play lots of blackjack to get them both upgraded and implanted.

Nice work, that sounds really well thought out. I suggest requiring a visit & payment to Dr. Usanagi for upgrades to those two prototype implants. PN has a system in place for upgrading their cyberware, yours seems next level so it seems reasonable to require an expert in the field for modifications to it (by which I mean thousands of caps are a better limiting/balancing factor than some spare electronics or other clutter I have to prospect for).

Unfortunately I haven't done much in the way of playtesting FNV, I did figure out my CTDs near Primm were the result of merging Lauren's & Yam's plugins (maybe think twice about merging Pinup Parade with anything). My FNV is seems dialed in, but I got distracted by Skyrim (just sorted my 2014 build & started three new characters to cover all the content bases). Speaking of distracted, Robert's Space Industries (Star Citizen) is doing a live broadcast on Twitch from PAXEast tonight to showcase their alpha release Dog Fighting Module, so I'll get sucked into watching that &/or alpha testing if they open their servers as well.

Edited by redirishlord

Nice work, that sounds really well thought out. I suggest requiring a visit & payment to Dr. Usanagi for upgrades to those two prototype implants. PN has a system in place for upgrading their cyberware, yours seems next level so it seems reasonable to require an expert in the field for modifications to it (by which I mean thousands of caps are a better limiting/balancing factor than some spare electronics or other clutter I have to prospect for).

Unfortunately I haven't done much in the way of playtesting FNV, I did figure out my CTDs near Primm were the result of merging Lauren's & Yam's plugins (maybe think twice about merging Pinup Parade with anything). My FNV is seems dialed in, but I got distracted by Skyrim (just sorted my 2014 build & started three new characters to cover all the content bases). Speaking of distracted, Robert's Space Industries (Star Citizen) is doing a live broadcast on Twitch from PAXEast tonight to showcase their alpha release Dog Fighting Module, so I'll get sucked into watching that &/or alpha testing if they open their servers as well.

I might just start out by making them fully upgraded when you buy them at first and as I figure it all out in the GECK, make it a PN Cyberware addon. The GECK is such a pain in the pooper to use.

Been following and using this guide for a while now, with my personal additions of NV Interiors and Willow, and am happy to see you've added them yourself. Cheers and FONV has never looked and played so good.

Thank you.