Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Just letting anyone know who is interested. I just finished NV Bounties 1 flawlessly without a single crash running fear and loathing. So whoever wanted to play it can give it a try just make sure you make a save prior to activating the mod.

• +1 1

Found this little mod recommended on the Interior Lightning mod, seems like a great addition/alternate option to using the flashlight:

Glow Sticks

Its ok, but nowhere near bright enough imo. I needed to go in with fnvedit and change brightness values till I was happy. As it is, its essentially a throwable pipboy light. It would be much more useful if Fnv had both hands implementation like Skyrim. The marker sticks I found to be not very useful, but then I do have a decent memory when it comes to mazes and the like. If I was going to use Awop I may take them, but for normal play not so much.

There really isn't a perfect solution for the darker nights type playthrough. Flashlight NVSE seems to give people problems, me included. I don't have game breaking bugs and everything functions fine, but it drops my FPS sometimes if I use the flashlights outside. I think some of it comes from ENB even if I turn the effects off, it still adds in a few things, since the UseSpeedHackWithoutGraphics isn't included.

I may have to scourer the Nexus for something that works for lighting the way.

The plugins with the no-merge tag still need to be loaded even if they have been merged with the Bashed Patch right? I have noticed that if i do not load the WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp the texture on the scope of the hunting revolver is all messed up.

I can't find a place where the Hunting Revolver record from the WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp isn't used by Bashed Patch. Make sure to use the Graphics tag as well.

I'll look into this when I get home. I haven't done a small guns playthrough in a while. Mostly did a rifles and energy weapon playthrough for testing since I started.

I can't find a place where the Hunting Revolver record from the WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp isn't used by Bashed Patch. Make sure to use the Graphics tag as well.

I'll look into this when I get home. I haven't done a small guns playthrough in a while. Mostly did a rifles and energy weapon playthrough for testing since I started.

It is used in fact, i checked. But for some reason if i do not active the esp the texture is messed up. And the Graphics tag is present.

Edited by Lonewolf

It is used in fact, i checked. But for some reason if i do not active the esp the texture is messed up. And the Graphics tag is present.

Okay, I'll check it when I'm at home.

In other news, I added a small section to the Post Install section that links another page to MCM settings that I use. I'm also going to open that section up to other users that may want to recommend their own MCM settings since I doubt most users will like mine. All you have to do is create a page using a simple format:

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:<Username>/Fear_and_Loathing_MCM_Settings.

Check the page I made to check out a simple format, I spent about 20 minutes on it so it isn't like special or anything. If you make a page drop the link in this forum or PM me with it and I will add it to the section so users have a choice. Who doesn't like having options, am I right?

Also, I'm adding Tales, Sortomatic, Tales PN, Tales Sortomatic today. I tried to break Tales best I could and just couldn't really do it while it was used with my guide. I'm sure there is a way to do it, but the point is that you would have to go out of your way to do that, so it works for this guide and is compatible. New Vegas Bounties 1 and 2 is next or testing. Thanks to OrdinaryM for testing it out already with this guide. It helps when others have played through and I don't have to do all the stress testing that usually goes into things.

Okay, done with adding those mods. I have 99 plugins in my test build which is really stable and haven't had a crash in a while. Had some freezes from trying to purposely break things, so the guide is stable in it's current state short of the Flahslight NVSE problems people have reported. 

There really isn't a perfect solution for the darker nights type playthrough. Flashlight NVSE seems to give people problems, me included. I don't have game breaking bugs and everything functions fine, but it drops my FPS sometimes if I use the flashlights outside. I think some of it comes from ENB even if I turn the effects off, it still adds in a few things, since the UseSpeedHackWithoutGraphics isn't included.

I may have to scourer the Nexus for something that works for lighting the way.

I have done quite a bit of looking on Nexus and several other sites and I haven't come across anything else. Basically all you have for lighting solutions is some form of nightvision (pn, gopher) Flashlight nvse, Pipboy light tweaks, and throwable lighting sources (Glowsticks, Flares). The "best" solution is nightvision, but that is enb dependent (depending on what work arounds you wish to use) and feels rather cheaty. Flashlight nvse is working pretty decent for me now, rarely even get fps drop after going in and tweaking setting in the menu. Dynamic and medium settings I think it was helped a lot. Glowsticks and flares just feel bad design wise to me. They are "realistic" but they are almost too realistic for their own good. Its like playing on hardcore with "realistic" needs turned up. It matches the time scale, but also feels like you have to eat every 20 minutes and its just not worth the hassle.

Also, I forgot to mention that Pelinor has returned to FNV modding, so ask him to improve the Glow Sticks mod.

Don't think there is really a whole lot to "fix" on it honestly. The marker sticks work like they should, I just didn't need that use. And the amount/radius of light is going to a personal thing. Much like the various pip boy light enhancers. Doesn't help that I didn't test it vanilla either though, I should have mentioned that. I was testing with Diablotherium ENB, which has pretty absurdly dark interiors anyway.

The plugins with the no-merge tag still need to be loaded even if they have been merged with the Bashed Patch right? I have noticed that if i do not load the WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp the texture on the scope of the hunting revolver is all messed up.

Sounds like you didn't install correctly. You need to install the pistol texture and remove the esp for it also. Same thing with one of the shotguns. Its in the readme.

• +1 1

Sounds like you didn't install correctly. You need to install the pistol texture and remove the esp for it also. Same thing with one of the shotguns. Its in the readme.

Yes, i have read the readme. And the read me talks about 3 textures: the .357 revolver (Which i already pointed out into the previous Fear and loathing topic), the 12.7mm SMG and the single shougun. It doesn't talk about the Hunting Revolver or the Ranger Sequoia scope texture (They use the same Hunting Revolver Scope) in which i am having problems with.

Yes, i have read the readme. And the read me talks about 3 textures: the .357 revolver (Which i already pointed out into the previous Fear and loathing topic), the 12.7mm SMG and the single shougun. It doesn't talk about the Hunting Revolver or the Ranger Sequoia scope texture (They use the same Hunting Revolver Scope) in which i am having problems with.

Gotcha, sorry for the mix up. I know its a common screw up. Have you made note on the wmx page? I don't think I ever picked up the scope for the hunting revolver when I was play testing previously but I didn't notice any other errors so figured I was golden.

Hey EssArrBee, new stuffs you should take a look at, I know I am going to:

Vault 22 Flora Overhaul Couple videos floating around for it already and they look amazing. Assuming it doesn't break anything (which I haven't seen any reports of) I would consider it an instant include.

TitanFallout I haven't tested yet, but a common complaint of needing a better interface (maybe a tie in to the hud project?) and Dragbody has already said he is working on new mech model/s. As soon as I get a guy to 30 I plan on testing it. I am not a fan of console commanding that stuff, had too many bad experiences in Skyrim with it breaking stuffs.

Pip-Phone 3000 This is something that is awesome, but also full of potential issues. I can already see a number of things that it could break. I love the idea of having an actual communication system with you though. This also likely needs a lot of work but if for nothing else the companion summon functionality sounds great.

• +1 1