Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

This is a great guide the Med-Tsk Trauma kit is awesome it's like the one in FWE for fallout3 I've played with it  since it came out and it's a must have mod for me I'm thinking trying Realistic Weapon Damages  also I use NVEC and it's a wonderful mod. another thing is that your ADAM fomod doesn't work it has errors and won't open in wrye or nexus mod manger  was hoping you can look at fixing it. keep up the wonderful job. I use step for skyrim but have been giving it a break. 

Well, the NVSE Flashlight problem persists after doing it all over again, but aside from the popup the whole setup works like a charm, though I probably wouldn't recognize any missing new UI elements. The options seem to work from what I can tell, though. I even added in Thermal Nightvision this time, successfully. Game starts up fine with it, tested if it functions with the cheating option -- haven't specifically gone out to search Willow, but the mod's in the list.

(For what I specifically did: I used the same procedure as for the other Advanced Recon mods, adding it in between Advanced Recon Range Finder and NVSE Flashlight, then proceeded as per the instructions.) The only thing I did different than in the guide was the exclude the weapon overheating mod.

Oh, were any glasses included with the existing mods? Perhaps have a look at this: Glacier Glasses

Edited by VonDoom

Spice of life has what you need. Lots of aviators and many other accessories. Well balanced too.

Hmm... no matter what I did I couldn't get Willow and Thermal Nightvision, but I didn't try removing weapon overheating. I'm going to have to look at all the scripts and see what is going on with those mods. I hate doing that because the most irrelevant conflicts pop up and take forever to find.

Well, the guide is way under the ~140 plugin limit. The other reason for this if get under 140 is that you are out memory and that will show as black textures and incorrect textures like your video showed.

I thought I had added something in the intro section about the 140 limit, but I see that I must have omitted that. My advice is to learn how to use the merge plugin script for certain mods to reduce Plugin count.

No problem, I can merge some mods. I didn't know about the limit and since you're still adding mods I thought you might be planning something that isn't posted yet. Excited about this guide's development!

I will be adding a few gameplay mods and them the rest will be probably quests. I might do some merged script sections if the guide gets bear the limit, but the guide only around 100 right now, so I don't worry about it yet.

Someguys nv bounties are done and russel may have problems but I haven't used that. Tales has a PN patch and sortomatic patch.

I'm the author of the Sortomatic patch for Tales, by the way. I find the player house in Tales to be more useful than the vanilla ones since it's larger and more centrally located when you take into account the quests in the south of the map and the difficulty (Deathclaws) in getting directly from Vegas to the Goodsprings area.

Puce Moose also has a set of mods that change some game settings and loot as well as some aspects of the DLCs. I've found some of these useful, particular ones that primarily make the game loot less generous or that add some small amount of lore consistent content, and now that the Merge Script works with FNVEdit I'll be merging the ones I think are worth including. 

Hmm.

I'm the author of the Sortomatic patch for Tales, by the way. I find the player house in Tales to be more useful than the vanilla ones since it's larger and more centrally located when you take into account the quests in the south of the map and the difficulty (Deathclaws) in getting directly from Vegas to the Goodsprings area.

Puce Moose also has a set of mods that change some game settings and loot as well as some aspects of the DLCs. I've found some of these useful, particular ones that primarily make the game loot less generous or that add some small amount of lore consistent content, and now that the Merge Script works with FNVEdit I'll be merging the ones I think are worth including. 

Hmm... guess I should have noticed that you use the same avatar image on both sites. I feel like many of Puce Moose's mods are in PN Rebalance, but I'll give it look again to see what else he has in there.

The PN rebalance covers a few of what the PM mods do (partly why I don't use all the PM mods) but not all especially for the DLC. I particularly like most of the Lonesome Road and OWB mods such as the LR Tweaked Missile Base HQ mod that adds a campfire and bed, and the mod that reduces the notifications.

What is the policy here in terms of licensing? Cause right now the radio station selection kinda sucks. Conelrad is ok, and is something that isn't leaving my load order, but its not enough. And really, nothing offered on Nexus is particularly amazing. MCB is ok, but is far too Elvis heavy for my taste, and Old World Radio is too talky and not enough music, and what music there is really isn't game friendly. I have found Secret Stash from Reddit to be rather great (https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/1gj9bf/) but personally I would like more. I have been thinking of doing some research into stuff that doesn't sound out of place (both from the time and feeling of the game) and putting together one or two stations. Something country-esque using some Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, etc, and a Rock station around some 60's/70's rock, All Along the Watchtower, Born to be Wild, etc. Would anyone be interested in a "Step" station so to speak?

Hmm.

Hmm... guess I should have noticed that you use the same avatar image on both sites. I feel like many of Puce Moose's mods are in PN Rebalance, but I'll give it look again to see what else he has in there.

A lot are in PN rebalance (like the improved sneak AI) but some aren't.

I'm using the explosive robots and Destructive ordinance esps. They are easy to patch and add immersion IMHO.

Edited by Lonewolf

A lot are in PN rebalance (like the improved sneak AI) but some aren't.

I'm using the explosive robots and Destructive ordinance esps. They are easy to patch and add immersion IMHO.

Pretty sure Eve makes robots explode. At least mine do and I don't include that one. I am on the fence with Destructive Ordinance. I think a lot of it comes down to how you like to play. With that included I rarely use grenades for example because it kinda wrecks everything. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who wants to use heavy weapons. I agree that its great for immersion, but its almost more trouble than its worth.

What is the policy here in terms of licensing? Cause right now the radio station selection kinda sucks. Conelrad is ok, and is something that isn't leaving my load order, but its not enough. And really, nothing offered on Nexus is particularly amazing. MCB is ok, but is far too Elvis heavy for my taste, and Old World Radio is too talky and not enough music, and what music there is really isn't game friendly. I have found Secret Stash from Reddit to be rather great (https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/1gj9bf/) but personally I would like more. I have been thinking of doing some research into stuff that doesn't sound out of place (both from the time and feeling of the game) and putting together one or two stations. Something country-esque using some Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, etc, and a Rock station around some 60's/70's rock, All Along the Watchtower, Born to be Wild, etc. Would anyone be interested in a "Step" station so to speak?

My suggestion is to make the esp and upload the tracks somewhere else to avoid copyright stuff. A lot old songs are past the point of public domain but others are not.