Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I like direction you are headed for the implants. Though I feel that 4 dt for the first level is likely a little op. I would start lower at 2 and gain one each time you level it. Maybe spread the cost out over each level? I for one welcome as many cap dumps as possible since its not uncommon to have 20-30k caps by the time I first get to Vegas, and I am not one for the gambling mini games, they annoy me.

Out of curiosity, any reason why you aren't including Jsawyer? It has the integrated pre order packs and a whole slew of other things. I have been eying it but just not sure if I want to rebuild my patches to include it.

Also, Realistic Weapon Names (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41859/?) was just updated, and may be worthy of inclusion. If for no other reason than the removal of GRA tags.

I was thinking of nerfing the implants since they will have multiple levels. By time it levels up and you spend all that money it will be worth it. Making them into PN implants is a bit more work than I thought it would be.

Jsawer's mod hasn't been added because it creates compatibility issues and some of it is already included in other mods in the guide.

I've been slowly going through the mod list and two things sprang up so far:

• Hectrol FX DUSTSTORM Deluxe HighRes Retex has a variety of resolutions available, but the guide doesn't recommend any.
  • Is it on purpose that the Ghouls Hires retexture entry doesn't recommend the Robert's Male Body replacer version?

Also, having some trouble with NVSE Flashlight, too. It seems to work fine in-game (tested it with the debug option and forced my current gear to be one), but whenever I open the Mod Menu, it mentions something about HUDS and that NVSE needs to be reinstalled. I followed the instructions completely, the only thing I left out was JIP Realistic Weapon Overheating.

Hey EssArrBee, Mr. Testing Bro Deluxe, have you ran into your fade to black not working? Mine has completely stopped and I cannot figure out why. It plays the sound, but I get rooted in place and nothing happens until it sorta pops you back into your body and you can go about your business.

I've been slowly going through the mod list and two things sprang up so far:

[*]Hectrol FX DUSTSTORM Deluxe HighRes Retex has a variety of resolutions available, but the guide doesn't recommend any.

[*]Is it on purpose that the Ghouls Hires retexture entry doesn't recommend the Robert's Male Body replacer version?

Also, having some trouble with NVSE Flashlight, too. It seems to work fine in-game (tested it with the debug option and forced my current gear to be one), but whenever I open the Mod Menu, it mentions something about HUDS and that NVSE needs to be reinstalled. I followed the instructions completely, the only thing I left out was JIP Realistic Weapon Overheating.

Yeah use the Roberts version and I think the 1024 or 2048 version of hectrols is good if you have the power.

If you install that section and change anything afterwards, you need to reinstall the whole thing. It is a pain in the butt since some of those use C# installer and MO doesn't handle them well.

I doubt nvse needs to be reinstalled unless you tried to install it with MO instead of doing it manually. I'm guessing MCM and uHUD are messed up so it' best to do the whole UI section again. Uncheck everything in MO, then open FOMM uninstall the mods, then uninstall them in MO. Then install there UI section again.

You can enable and disable all mods in the right pane by right clicking on the mod list so you don't have to go one by one.

Hey EssArrBee, Mr. Testing Bro Deluxe, have you ran into your fade to black not working? Mine has completely stopped and I cannot figure out why. It plays the sound, but I get rooted in place and nothing happens until it sorta pops you back into your body and you can go about your business.

I'm not done with this just making a new implant mod. I'll release some upgraded version of the monocyte breeder and sub dermal armor soon. Then I'll make it into something that works with PN and has upgrades.

Not sure what exactly your issue is, need more detail. Is it reproducible? When does it fade to black?

I'm not done with this just making a new implant mod. I'll release some upgraded version of the monocyte breeder and sub dermal armor soon. Then I'll make it into something that works with PN and has upgrades.Not sure what exactly your issue is, need more detail. Is it reproducible? When does it fade to black?

Thats pretty awesome as I just about have my final mod list lined out.

As for the fade to black stuff, its any time you visit the doctor basically, all of the special stuff like hugs/kisses from Willow for completing quests etc. I am not sure on reproducibility. I think I had the normal face to black before I installed this last batch of mods, but there is nothing in it that I can point to as a mod incompatibility. I installed Willow, couple radio stations, After School Special and Underground hideout, CASM, and the texture only TFH Better Authority Glasses,  rest were a couple of updates, Weapons of the New Milenia, Ragdoll Overhaul, YUP. Only thing I would think that could possibly conflict is Ragdoll Overhaul, unless YUP did something dumb. Even then I don't see anything that would have that sort of effect in FNVEdit, and I doubt its a mesh thing. Could it be the script misfiring? I seem to have that under control at this point, or at least my Flashlight NVSE is acting better. It works pretty much all of the time now, and only once has stopped working from start to up through Novac headed to Helios One. Hence my question of if you have ever experienced it. :)

Yeah I never experienced it. 

Thats pretty awesome as I just about have my final mod list lined out.

As for the fade to black stuff, its any time you visit the doctor basically, all of the special stuff like hugs/kisses from Willow for completing quests etc. I am not sure on reproducibility. I think I had the normal face to black before I installed this last batch of mods, but there is nothing in it that I can point to as a mod incompatibility. I installed Willow, couple radio stations, After School Special and Underground hideout, CASM, and the texture only TFH Better Authority Glasses,  rest were a couple of updates, Weapons of the New Milenia, Ragdoll Overhaul, YUP. Only thing I would think that could possibly conflict is Ragdoll Overhaul, unless YUP did something dumb. Even then I don't see anything that would have that sort of effect in FNVEdit, and I doubt its a mesh thing. Could it be the script misfiring? I seem to have that under control at this point, or at least my Flashlight NVSE is acting better. It works pretty much all of the time now, and only once has stopped working from start to up through Novac headed to Helios One. Hence my question of if you have ever experienced it. :)

I've never had that bug. It seems like something is hanging. Open your nvac.log and leave it open, then play the game and when it happens tab out to your nvac log and see if there is a code listed. If so check the letter code on the NVAC nexus page and report your issue to Queued to see if he can help it. Otherwise Google is your best bet.

Another thing popped up:

Faction Armor Usage Enhancement (RaestlozFactionArmorEnhancement.esp) isn't recognized by BOSS. It's missing BUM instructions.

Hmm... I thought this got added to BOSS, I'll look into it. Maybe I delelted it with all the stuff that did get added.

Yes, I seriously did indeed miss Faction Armor Enhancement the first run-through updating this. Now, it really is in the masterlist, along with everything else in the guide that was previously unsorted. I'm seriously wondering what will come next mod-wise for this guide...

EssArrBee: Nice list, downloading (those I haven't already) now. Tales seems pretty straightforward (I've had it installed, but haven't played any missions yet). Someguy's mods seemed problematic from what I'd read, he left the series unfinished? Looking forward to hearing your take on the Someguy mods as he seems very well regarded by the forums.

WilliamImm: Thanks again for your continued BOSS work, really makes my (virtual) life easier.

EssArrBee: Nice list, downloading (those I haven't already) now. Tales seems pretty straightforward (I've had it installed, but haven't played any missions yet). Someguy's mods seemed problematic from what I'd read, he left the series unfinished? Looking forward to hearing your take on the Someguy mods as he seems very well regarded by the forums.WilliamImm: Thanks again for your continued BOSS work, really makes my (virtual) life easier.

Someguys nv bounties are done and russel may have problems but I haven't used that. Tales has a PN patch and sortomatic patch.

Someguys nv bounties are done and russel may have problems but I haven't used that. Tales has a PN patch and sortomatic patch.

According to Hairylegs222 Bounties has some issues. Here is his updated Bounties 2 patch: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/47984/? with the Bounties 1 being conveniently lost and only included in Nvec.

Personally, I didn't care for Tales. I played through the first one and part of the 2nd before the third part was released on a prior play through and I just fount it annoying and rather uninteresting.

I haven't played with it yet, but this is next on my list for testing:Med-Tek Trauma Kit https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54895/? That along with Realistic Weapon Damages (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35335/? + https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54936/?) makes for rather interesting firefights, at least judging by Gophers Lets Play. I haven't shoved them together personally, but I see lots of "oh sh*t" moments in the future. Its originally why I was so keen on using Delilah, but I really can't stand her and I can't quite put my finger on why.

Edited by Livnthedream
  • +1 1