Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Hey, read to the bottom of the guide, thanks for that ;-) 

After downloading and endorsing Courier Stash Integration I deleted WMX-POP-merged and replaced the CSI esp with WilliamImm's (thanks for that WI). New playthrough started clean, no stash gear in my possession, haven't encountered it in merchant inventory or loot yet (but its early & I'm sure its integrated just fine).

I just installed FlashlightNV, so once I get back to Doc's house (somewhere near NCRCF currently, fast travel disabled) I'll check out that functionality (with advanced recon & pipboy 2500). My load order now totals 122 plugins after merges btw.

Currently playing with NVSE 4.2beta3 DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=448 (up from 384), I'm experiencing CTDs near Primm (not sure if its related). I'll see if the issue is reproducible or more periodic/random (which might indicate max memory rather than conflict?).

Hey, read to the bottom of the guide, thanks for that ;-) 

After downloading and endorsing Courier Stash Integration I deleted WMX-POP-merged and replaced the CSI esp with WilliamImm's (thanks for that WI). New playthrough started clean, no stash gear in my possession, haven't encountered it in merchant inventory or loot yet (but its early & I'm sure its integrated just fine).

I just installed FlashlightNV, so once I get back to Doc's house (somewhere near NCRCF currently, fast travel disabled) I'll check out that functionality (with advanced recon & pipboy 2500). My load order now totals 122 plugins after merges btw.

Currently playing with NVSE 4.2beta3 DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=448 (up from 384), I'm experiencing CTDs near Primm (not sure if its related). I'll see if the issue is reproducible or more periodic/random (which might indicate max memory rather than conflict?).

I've had some freezes and crashes over by the Fiend area near one of the pump stations. I could reproduce the freeze, so I chalked it up to the game being unstable in that area. I think mine are do to adding mods for testing to a level 10 character that already has a high script load, also the reported crashes to Queued seem to be part of what he working is on, so they will disappear as newer versions of NVAC come out.

My pip boy is getting pretty slow, especially with any helmet that has the nightvison/thermal vision/em vision. Pretty much every freeze has been about 2 hours in and turning the vision modes on and off. With ENB those vision modes bring my FPS to 0 the first time I turn them on, then after that it is just normal. I guess the image space modifiers need to be loaded into VRAM or something. I may have to drop a few gameplay mods that add scripts.

I'm using 400 for my heap in both NVSE and NVSR. I'm still not sure they aren't the same thing, but I get much more smooth gameplay in outdoor areas with both on. Adding ENBoost makes it even more smooth, even with ENB on. FNV a fickle mistress for sure.

You said there was a wrong assignment in the Adam plug in but I can't find the fix. I searched the thread for Prototype and skimmed the results and all I got out of it is its not compatable with Holster. Mind pointing out what record needs to be changed to what?

You said there was a wrong assignment in the Adam plug in but I can't find the fix. I searched the thread for Prototype and skimmed the results and all I got out of it is its not compatable with Holster. Mind pointing out what record needs to be changed to what?

I had the same problem as well, unfortunately the armor has the wrong .nif file associated with it. In GECK the Biped model should be combatranger_f.nif it is instead combatranger_upper.nif which does not include the pants. Hope this helps. -the4thk

I'd imagine that would be a simple change using FNVEdit, not even requiring you to bring out the GECK. Do you want to make the change, SRB?

I already made the change in my combined patch. I'll put up the link when I'm back to my computer.

ADAM Complete and ADAM Complete PN Patch: https://copy.com/1XCNgBe0ptzD

Changed the incorrect mesh for Prototype Riot Gear

Forward a couple fixes from YUP v8.2

Correct Blue Eye for Riot Gear Helmet so it does not act like a different effect when crouching and works better with PN overlays

@Will: Do you know what the Use All flag on a leveled list does? I can't get 00174085 record to merge everything added to that list by PN and ADAM.

I've also started playing with the Monocyte Breeder Implant Improved mod and I like the idea, but wish it was a little less powerful. I want it to be 3x the vanilla implant instead of 10x or 20x options the mod has. You never really need stimpaks now, since you can just go hide behind something and wait for bit and you have enough hit points to get right back into battle. It is kind of like a modern FPS, especially the half second option.

What I like about the mod is that I don't need to run around and find a stimpak after a fight. Maybe I will do a version of my own, but I think that the script has to opened in the GECK and I don't want to do that.

EDIT: NVM, looks like it just means changing a 1 to a 3 in the script.

EDIT: I made a version that regens 1 health every 3 seconds, but I can't test it. If someone wants to do it for me, get it here: https://copy.com/AofmIs1xh0Cr

Thanks for the updated patch, I was willing to do it myself just couldn't figure out the mesh assignments!

For the Monocyte Breeder improvement I think this one is better: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36049/? I haven't had a chance to test it either, but I like the idea of the healing not bringing you back to full so quick.

Also, I assume you have looked at it, but Alternative Repairing (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/52510/?) is pretty amazing.

Thanks for the updated patch, I was willing to do it myself just couldn't figure out the mesh assignments!

For the Monocyte Breeder improvement I think this one is better: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36049/? I haven't had a chance to test it either, but I like the idea of the healing not bringing you back to full so quick.

Also, I assume you have looked at it, but Alternative Repairing (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/52510/?) is pretty amazing.

That monocyte breeder is a better, but even that goes a bit to far with the limb regen. I would like if it was an upgradeable feature, kinda like the PN ones. I've been wanting to make an additional Cyberware mod with a couple extra medical implants, med-x injector for crippled limbs, antivenom injector because cazadors, sleep reduction... I have a whole list of stuff, but I've never wanted to actually get into the scripting involved with it. Maybe this will push me over the edge. Just like people kept asking about a Fallout guide, so I finally just did the damn thing.

I have looked at alternative repairing and I was going to pull the trigger on it, but decided to try the alternate repair system in PN before I did. I kind of want a system that slows weapon/armor degradation by about 10-15%, then forces you to only make repairs at benches unless you have a weapon/armor repair kit.

Yeah I am next to useless with scripting. Of the 3 alternatives of the Nexus it seemed to be the best alternative, since the vanilla one is pretty much garbage, even as a cap dump. I would love to see it as an upgrade system though! That would be fantastic. Have it gain additional abilities as its upgraded rather than just get stronger. That is something I would have liked to have seen in the Project Nevada set too. Much of the time you already have high skills for example by the time you get the ability to upgrade them fully anyhow. Or at least that has been my experience.

I don't agree with the slowing of degradation. I actually have my menu turn up the degradation a bit so there is a reason for regular maintenance. Especially since you have more than enough parts floating around. I personally do not like the universal kits so much. The gun replacement parts offered in Alternative repairing is fairly ok, but armor and the like kinda bothers me. I like its updated cross repair lists though! I don't know how I feel about only being able to make repairs at a bench. Maybe only able to fully repair at a bench? Cause field repairs are certainly a thing, both for weapons and armor. Not sure how you would make that happen without scripting though. Heck, I don't even know how you would do that with scripting! :)

I'm messing with the Reign Monocyte implant script and I think I'm going to nerf it a bit and that will be good for use.

Current:

• Accelerated health regeneration by 300% (from 1hp/10s to 1hp/3s) however after you reach 65% total health it will drop back to the implants original rate of healing (1hp/10s).

Critical Heath Regeneration provides a 1200% boost to healing (4hp/3s) when you're under 25% total hp.

Limb Regeneration will healing limbs at half the normal healing rate (1hp/6s) but cannot exceed 35% regeneration on limbs.

Crippled Regeneration delays regeneration by 24 seconds if a limb has been crippled (so as not to be overpowered, and still to encourage the use of doctors bags)

New:

• Accelerated health regeneration by 300% (from 1hp/10s to 1hp/3s) however after you reach 65% total health it will drop back to the implants original rate of healing (1hp/10s).

Critical Heath Regeneration provides a 450% boost to healing (1hp/2s) when you're under 15% total hp.

Limb Regeneration will healing limbs at half the normal healing rate (1hp/9s) but cannot exceed 25% regeneration on limbs.

Crippled Regeneration delays regeneration by 180 seconds if a limb has been crippled (so as not to be overpowered, and still to encourage the use of doctors bags)

I think that is a much more sensible way of doing things and will up the ante when you get crippled limbs. I don't think the implant should be able to just fix a broken bone in 24 seconds, it should take a while. 180 seconds is about 1 hour game time, so that is a better amount of time for little nano-bots to get in there and fix your crippled body. Once I look into making implants for PN, I will see about upgrading the implants. I could even do an upgraded version of the 8000 cap implant to do increased DT for level 1, something unknown for level 2, and armor will not hinder you in anyway for level 3. I'll make the recipes pretty tough for those implants too, so that you actually have to hunt stuff down and have high enough skills.

Sounds very interesting, your script work.

I thought the PN cyber was upgradable, I have the voice modulator from Doc's house and see a recipe to upgrade it at the workbench.

As for increasing the degradation of equipment, I'm a big "built to destroy" guy, so I always take that trait (bonus critical chance, it's all about the criticals).

Sounds very interesting, your script work.I thought the PN cyber was upgradable, I have the voice modulator from Doc's house and see a recipe to upgrade it at the workbench.As for increasing the degradation of equipment, I'm a big "built to destroy" guy, so I always take that trait (bonus critical chance, it's all about the criticals).

When using alternative start choose the mechanic as history. Let's you start with jurry rigging perk.

Whenever I try to activate a mod in FOMM-Fork, like Project Nevada - Extra Options for example I get this error message:

"A problem occured during install:This method implicitly uses CAS policy, which has been obsoleted by the .NET Framework. In order to enable CAS policy for compatibility reasons, please use the NetFx40_LegacySecurityPolicy configuration switch. Please see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=155570 for more information. The mod was not installed. "

Lol any ideas?