STEP v2.2.8 Official Bug Reports

z929669

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the "Skyrim Memory Patch 3.0" page the location of the skse.ini file is /skse/skse.ini. This should be \Data\SKSE\skse.ini. Last path also is mentioned on the STEP skse page.

Got an ILS today for my lvl1 character when moving from Solstheim to Skyrim during playtesting. Shesons memory block log revealed that the size of memblock1 was 256 MB at the moment of ILS. The mem patch should have set it at 512. Also vmmap as explained here showed that memblock1 is 256 at startup and NOT 512. It looked as if the setting was ignored. After I had inserted the settings in the \Data\SKSE\skse.ini file (mod actually as per STEP recommendation) everything was OK.

Also Gopher today has a video about the patch. Very useful.

On the "Skyrim Memory Patch 3.0" page the location of the skse.ini file is /skse/skse.ini. This should be \Data\SKSE\skse.ini. Last path also is mentioned on the STEP skse page.

Got an ILS today for my lvl1 character when moving from Solstheim to Skyrim during playtesting. Shesons memory block log revealed that the size of memblock1 was 256 MB at the moment of ILS. The mem patch should have set it at 512. Also vmmap as explained here showed that memblock1 is 256 at startup and NOT 512. It looked as if the setting was ignored. After I had inserted the settings in the \Data\SKSE\skse.ini file (mod actually as per STEP recommendation) everything was OK.

Also Gopher today has a video about the patch. Very useful.

Good corroboration (and thanks for the correction about the ini).

Will check the vid

It has four files. Dungeons' date=' Landscape' date=' Towns, and Misc. Misc is the only file that does not get 90% overwritten by other mods.[/quote'']

OK, noooow I get it :P (though you were talking about HD Misc mod)

So drop the whole thing or not?!?!?

Why is it now not recommended to install the Amidianborn/GDO Compatibility files for Weapon and Armor fixes? I see that GDO is being updated on the nexus. Does that have something to do with it? New version to include W&A compatibility perhaps?

https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP_Patches

Doh. ugh. Sorry about that guys. 

You're not supposed to drink the bong water, Bro. ;)

Lets drop Skyrim HD and Lantern Caretakers. Just drop by the anthology thread for that and see that there are many people that agree. The actual caretakers walk around with daedric longswords.

Lets also add Ren's to Extended and Cultist Decap Fix to Core, those could even be added right now to the working guide since they are pretty small and well tested.

I'll wait until I've seen the SkyrimHD textures until I decide I want to remove it. I do know that the blacksmith retexture Skyrim HD includes needs to go, as it stretches horribly when the blacksmith is at sharpening at the grindstone.

BTW, shouldn't we move this talk about SkyrimHD to the SkyrimHD thread? This really isn't a 2.2.8 bug report...

Not sure if this is strictly a bug - but its certainly an issue. :P

The Step core is using Skyrim Realistic Overhaul under the Conflicting graphics section with a link to a torrent site.

I'm in the Uk - the linked site has been closed in the UK since Feb 2013 due to a court order, same is true of just about every site I have managed to find for downloading that mod.

Not a major hassle for myself as I use the aMidian ones instead but seems strange to link to a defunct closed website a year later.