STEP v2.2.8 Official Bug Reports

z929669

Lets drop Skyrim HD and Lantern Caretakers. Just drop by the anthology thread for that and see that there are many people that agree. The actual caretakers walk around with daedric longswords.

Lets also add Ren's to Extended and Cultist Decap Fix to Core' date=' those could even be added right now to the working guide since they are pretty small and well tested.[/quote']

Let's keep all dropped and accepted and hold off changing anything until next release. That keeps things more stable until then. In the meantime, we can mark accepted mods in the MT thread (adding the wiki pages and boilerplate text) and update the 2.2.9 changelog accordingly .. and tag the dropped in Anthology when we actually do the release.

There will likely be more, so this is the simplest way to maintain until 2.2.9 release.

I'll wait until I've seen the SkyrimHD textures until I decide I want to remove it. I do know that the blacksmith retexture Skyrim HD includes needs to go' date=' as it stretches horribly when the blacksmith is at sharpening at the grindstone.

BTW, shouldn't we move this talk about SkyrimHD to the SkyrimHD thread? This really isn't a 2.2.8 bug report...

[/quote']

Yep!

Well' date=' the fact that two of the files are overwritten almost entirely was the bug report. We shouldn't be asking people to download files that big and then overwrite over 90% of the textures.[/quote']

True dat ... I suppose we can drop this one right away for that reason.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The instructions for "Traps Make Noise" are incorrect.

First of all, it says to install the Follower Trap Safety version if that mod was installed earlier. It is a patch that needs to be installed in addition to the full Traps Make Noise mod. The isntructions make it sound like you ONLY download that optional. If that is the case, please let me know.

Also, it says to install the Follower Trap Safety version if you installed Follower Trap Safety in Section 2.D. Follower Trap Safety is in Section M, not D.

In the notes for Vivid Landscapes - Tundra Moss Revisited, it says " use the high poly version. This version is buried within the package, and the package will need to be restructured." I opened the file and I'm not seeing a 'high poly' version.

Also, this comes with Parallax. Isn't Parallax not recommended for non-ENB users?

Just to make sure my question wasn't overshadowed by the Parallax Part....

In the notes for Vivid Landscapes - Tundra Moss Revisited, it says " use the high poly version. This version is buried within the package, and the package will need to be restructured." I opened the file and I'm not seeing a 'high poly' version.

I have a crossfire AMD 6970 setup, so I  have concentrated on the AMD part and did not check Nvidia.

Section 1.E.1. Configure Driver Settings

STEP has more detailed information in both the AMD-CCC guide as well.

The AMD-CCC guide has other settings then mentioned in section 1.E.1.1. AMD Users

A few examples.

AMD-CCC: Wait for vertical refresh] to On, unless application specifies

1.E.1.1: Set Wait for Vertical Refresh to "Always off" (Recall that vsync should be running via ENBoost's enblocal.ini!)

AMD-CCC: Navigate to skyrim/ and select "skse_loader.exe" to associate these settings with Skyrim ("TESV.exe" should be used if that is the executable used to launch Skyrim).

1.E.1.1: Click |+ Add|, then browse to and select TESV.exe, and click on this new profile (these settings will only apply to Skyrim now).

AMD-CCC general section: Set [Wait for vertical refresh] to On, unless application specifies

AMD-CCC profile section: Wait for Vertical Refresh: Always off (NOTE: Use ENBoost vsync instead, and be certain to set iPresetInterval=0 in SkyrimPrefs.ini)

There could be more (and also in other AMD sections), but getting tired AND desperately want to play 1+ hour of Skyrim this evening now that my mod setup is almost finally ready ;-)

Thanks Z. CCC settings are really important. Skyrim seems to hate AMD cards so having the right Driver-Side settings are crucial.

I think I already asked this question so I apologize but I do not remember the answer. Please bear with me. Is it recommended to have AF being forced by BOTH CCC AND enblocal.ini? (for an AMD user) The guide makes it so AF is forced twice..

In Section 2.M - "Also install the optional file Traps Make Noise - Follower Safety Patch version if Follower Trap Safety is installed in Section 2.M. Install the Follow Safety Patch after Follower Trap Safety." in that case Follower Safety Patch is redundant in my MO completely overwitten by orginal Traps Make Noise... so maybe Follower Safety Patch moved after Traps Make Noise ?