STEP v2.2.8 Official Bug Reports

z929669

You need to add a note as well to the mod description for no npc greetings that it's not necessary if you use the patch. Also, in the STEP patches section that lists all the individual patches that it contains, what is the patch 'aos_blocksparkles'? I know AOS is Audio Overhaul Skyrim but what is BlockSparkles?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rechet

Try the new SKSE alpha version with the memory patch in SKSE.ini active to see if that resolves your issues.

I already have it, although I'm using the Memory Patch 3.0 variant as per the links in STEP:Extended guide. I'm guessing that all those scripting mods together is just about what my game can handle, and would most likely not be stable at all without the mempatch.

Found another issue: The conjured weapons with the Soul Stealer perk are occasionally failing to apply the soulsteal effect. I tested with regular soulsteal enchanted weapons and they work 100% of the time. The Bound Bow seems to be affected the most, while Bound Sword works most of the time. I tried overriding the Enchantment Effect Replacer modifications but to no avail. Could this be related to the USKP 2.0.0a soulsteal wonkiness?

You need to add a note as well to the mod description for no npc greetings that it's not necessary if you use the patch. Also' date=' in the STEP patches section that lists all the individual patches that it contains, what is the patch 'aos_blocksparkles'? I know AOS is Audio Overhaul Skyrim but what is BlockSparkles?[/quote']

Improved Weapon Impact Effects

New STEP Patches are up, again ignore the 2.2.9 folder, that is for me.

Highlights:

• Updated to work with USKP 2.0.1 except for one forward in the Extended patch that was for Skyrim Coin Replacer which I expect Neo will update very soon. 
  • No NPC Greeting merged, so patch users no longer need that mod. I'll make note of that on the guide and I'm going to figure out a way to make it so non-Patch users can get certain things like the SMIM plugins and this one.
  • Bunch of fixes I missed from the complete rebuild I did when we added AOS. :wallbash:
  • STEP Core Patch now reduces plugin count by 8, and Extended Patch now reduces plugin count by 19. :dance:
https://github.com/EssArrBee/STEP-Patches

If this is compatible with the current release, it should be uploaded to Nexus with the proper versioning added. ( 2.2.8a, 2.2.8b, etc ) This will probably change the overall version on the page though. Which could be good bc it'll notify the trackers; thus, the users that a new version is available. However, I don't know if we want the version to change like that. If not, you can just upload with the same version number (overwrite the old ones). I'm unsure if the trackers would pick this up or not. I haven't gone through the Nexus process but once so I don't remember how everything works from memory.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.

@Rechet

Try the new SKSE alpha version with the memory patch in SKSE.ini active to see if that resolves your issues.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.

Nexus updated with the new patches (total replacement ... file tracker will still notify users of activity). Nexus file attributes on Nexus and wiki updated as well.

I just finished an installation of STEP:Core 2.2.8, and I made some notes regarding the instructions. Some of this might be ticky-tack stuff – ignore in that case.

Skyrim Launcher Guide: In the view distance settings, guide recommends setting some options at “50%â€. I think saying “approximately half of maximum value†might be better, just because 50% kind of implies that the settings are in percentages.

1.B Skyrim Launcher Options: Instructions mention “4x†for Antialiasing. Maybe saying “4 Samples†would be better?

1.C Boss: I think the BOSS hyperlink might be incorrect.

Wyre Bash Guide: Under “install and configure†note 5 should possibly indicate that the file we are instructed to delete is actually under a “oblivion†sub-directory. And maybe, that sub-directory (which is now empty) could be deleted too?

1.D.1: Skyrim.ini: The comment under Combat “this tweak is not present in the default ini and needs to be entered manually†confused me, since it appears to be related to a single line, however none of these combat items were in my default .ini, so all were entered manually.

1.D.2 Skyrimprefs_ini: Maybe remove the “Help Out†link? I went there, and it seemed the concern might be resolved. I wasn’t sure how I could help in any case.

1.E.1.2 Nvidia: Regarding this Nvidia Inspector program – do you need to add skse.exe to the Skyrim profile in order for these settings to apply when you launch Skyrim via skse?

2.C: ENBoost – In the available detailed additional instructions, the reminder to modify your skyrimprefs.ini left out the ‘i’ that precedes “presentinterval=0â€

2.M – Traps Make Noice: I think you can remove the reference to “Follower Trap Safety†as I don’t think that mod is still a part of step?

That’s it!

Well, except for one other thing I am confused about.

I have never used Wrye Bash before, but I installed it as instructed. I had not even launched it until I got to the Post-Installation Housekeeping, so I did not have the bashed patch referenced in 3.A.1.3. When I did launch Wyre “for the first time in like, foreverâ€, the options being presented to me did not coincide with the 3.A.2 guide steps, so I think I need to go and read more about Wyre Bash, and then come back and (hopefully) smartly create my first bashed patch ever.

After that, I will save this profile, and only start doing additional mods to a copy.

Hope the above possible helps a little, and thank you all for what you do for us rookie modders.

I just finished an installation of STEP:Core 2.2.8, and I made some notes regarding the instructions. Some of this might be ticky-tack stuff – ignore in that case.

Skyrim Launcher Guide: In the view distance settings, guide recommends setting some options at “50%”. I think saying “approximately half of maximum value” might be better, just because 50% kind of implies that the settings are in percentages.

1.B Skyrim Launcher Options: Instructions mention “4x” for Antialiasing. Maybe saying “4 Samples” would be better?

Fixed

No, it seems fine to me

Wyre Bash Guide: Under “install and configure” note 5 should possibly indicate that the file we are instructed to delete is actually under a “oblivion” sub-directory. And maybe, that sub-directory (which is now empty) could be deleted too?

Fixed

1.D.1: Skyrim.ini: The comment under Combat “this tweak is not present in the default ini and needs to be entered manually” confused me, since it appears to be related to a single line, however none of these combat items were in my default .ini, so all were entered manually.

Fixed

1.D.2 Skyrimprefs_ini: Maybe remove the “Help Out” link? I went there, and it seemed the concern might be resolved. I wasn’t sure how I could help in any case.

Removed (good point)

1.E.1.2 Nvidia: Regarding this Nvidia Inspector program – do you need to add skse.exe to the Skyrim profile in order for these settings to apply when you launch Skyrim via skse?

I am not sure, but almost 100% sure that the answer is 'no'

2.C: ENBoost – In the available detailed additional instructions, the reminder to modify your skyrimprefs.ini left out the ‘i’ that precedes “presentinterval=0”

Fixed

2.M – Traps Make Noice: I think you can remove the reference to “Follower Trap Safety” as I don’t think that mod is still a part of step?

It is in STEP:Extended

That’s it!

Well, except for one other thing I am confused about.

I have never used Wrye Bash before, but I installed it as instructed. I had not even launched it until I got to the Post-Installation Housekeeping, so I did not have the bashed patch referenced in 3.A.1.3. When I did launch Wyre “for the first time in like, forever”, the options being presented to me did not coincide with the 3.A.2 guide steps, so I think I need to go and read more about Wyre Bash, and then come back and (hopefully) smartly create my first bashed patch ever.

It would be good to know exactly what happens not upon first launch. Let us know if you can

After that, I will save this profile, and only start doing additional mods to a copy.

Hope the above possible helps a little, and thank you all for what you do for us rookie modders.

Thanks for all of the good feedback!

I see where I got confused regarding Follower Trap Safety - the reference to this mod in notes for Traps Make Noise references section 2.D (Follower Trap Safety is in 2.M).

Regarding Wrye Bash: I will take notes/pics when I launch it again, which should be soon (wife thinks fixing the leaky faucet is more important than getting my Skyrim running - sheesh!)

Scafremon Wrote

No, it seems fine to me

I believe someone edited the page for BOSS incorrectly *cough* DoubleYou *cough*

It looks like the MO note is added to the page incorrectly instead of the Detailed Instructions.

Scafremon Wrote

No, it seems fine to me

I believe someone edited the page for BOSS incorrectly *cough* DoubleYou *cough*

It looks like the MO note is added to the page incorrectly instead of the Detailed Instructions.

I don't see these issues ... ?

A couple other notes I found during my installation:

SMIM: I had made some notes about this installation being kind of confusing, but now when I look at the guide, I think you have updated the instructions, like within the past 4 hours. I am pretty sure I skipped the tomato texture during my installation, because I don’t think the instructions had this. Also, I had made a note about “Furniture Textures†missing, but I think this is now corrected.

So my only comment on this mod has to do with the (3) esp’s. I think if someone follows your guide correctly (as I hope I did) and they use MO (as is recommended) that all 3 of the esps will be installed. So the note at the bottom of the additional instructions kind of confused me, since it implies that for one of the esp’s I may have had the option to not install it. The note says “Either do not install or deactivate it.†Then, the other 2 esps have a slightly different instruction, saying those “can be disabled or deleted.â€

This seems very intentional on your guys part (having different instructions on the esps), but if they all get installed by default, maybe they could all have the same instruction?

STEP Patch: I think a little reminder in Post Installation Housekeeping to activate the STEP Patch (either Core or Extended) would be nice, since it was downloaded first, and not activated at the time.

Before I activated the Step Core Patch, I went to the detailed instructions, just to re-review. These instructions reminded me about 2 of the 3 SMIM esps which are not needed, and since I had recalled deactivated 3 SMIM esps, I had to go back and make sure I was correct in doing that. Maybe you could include a note about the third esp in the patch instructions, in that it is not needed?

PS: I just noticed the No NPC Greetings is no longer required. Do I need to re-download the STEP patch? Was this mod added since last night?

A couple other notes I found during my installation:

SMIM: I had made some notes about this installation being kind of confusing, but now when I look at the guide, I think you have updated the instructions, like within the past 4 hours. I am pretty sure I skipped the tomato texture during my installation, because I don’t think the instructions had this. Also, I had made a note about “Furniture Textures†missing, but I think this is now corrected.

So my only comment on this mod has to do with the (3) esp’s. I think if someone follows your guide correctly (as I hope I did) and they use MO (as is recommended) that all 3 of the esps will be installed. So the note at the bottom of the additional instructions kind of confused me, since it implies that for one of the esp’s I may have had the option to not install it. The note says “Either do not install or deactivate it.†Then, the other 2 esps have a slightly different instruction, saying those “can be disabled or deleted.â€

This seems very intentional on your guys part (having different instructions on the esps), but if they all get installed by default, maybe they could all have the same instruction?

STEP Patch: I think a little reminder in Post Installation Housekeeping to activate the STEP Patch (either Core or Extended) would be nice, since it was downloaded first, and not activated at the time.

That is a good idea.

Before I activated the Step Core Patch, I went to the detailed instructions, just to re-review. These instructions reminded me about 2 of the 3 SMIM esps which are not needed, and since I had recalled deactivated 3 SMIM esps, I had to go back and make sure I was correct in doing that. Maybe you could include a note about the third esp in the patch instructions, in that it is not needed?

The main SMIM esp is deactivated from using the USKP, it covers all those meshes. The STEP Patches cover the other two, though I see how that can be confusing unless you happen to remember the USKP thing.

PS: I just noticed the No NPC Greetings is no longer required. Do I need to re-download the STEP patch? Was this mod added since last night?

Yes, I updated the patches last night because the Unofficial patches all updated and so I went ahead and included it. One less plugin for you to have in your list. We do updates to the guide without version change because of major updates to things like USKP.