STEP v2.2.8 Official Bug Reports

z929669

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small thing I found during my 4th day of installing STEP 2.2.8.

According to the OP of Smooth blade draw and Sheathe the ADS (recommended by STEP) requires SKSE.

That mod DOES require SKSE, although it doesn't have an MCM menu, so I have removed that flag.

We don't need to physically type out every mod that requires SKSE. That's what the SKSE flag is for.

mod "Burn Freeze Shock Effect".  This mod has been known to cause to issues, so it is highly recommended to use the Skyrim Memory Patch 3.0. Also install the optional Dragonborn Dawnguard file.

4.A. Troubleshooting Common Problems states "The STEP team has decided to wait on recommending which version to use until the Skyrim Script Extender team has finished testing their implementation of the patch.".

This seems to contradict with each other.

Note: I'm using 'Skyrim Memory Patch 3.0' with GREAT success. With 2.2.6 I had a very ambitious setup with LOTS of ctd's/ils and I quit with it. I was using ENBBOOST at that time but not ugridtoload (now I do). I now have (more or less) the same ambitious setup with extra mods which spawn NPC's (the whole populated series). Yesterday there was a battle between stormcloaks and imperial soldiers (approx guessed 60+ npc's) and it went GREAT without a ctd, but ofc dip in FPS.

Memory Blocks Log by Sheson allows you to find the value for the first and second block. Although strangely my max block1 value is around 180 MB and so the mem patch should not be needed. But that a discussion for another thread.

It's not really contradictory. We're just not telling you which version to use because if the SKSE implementation of the patch works out okay then there's no need to install either of the other two options. So right now it's up to the user to decide which they'd rather use.

In the guide, for the section 1.C. installing utilities, shouldn't Mod Organizer be mentioned first, and then Boss and Wrye Bash as they have to be/should be run through Mod Organizer? Also, I believe that we should have the guide to add those utilities to run through MO then and there.

In the guide' date=' for the section 1.C. installing utilities, shouldn't Mod Organizer be mentioned first, and then Boss and Wrye Bash as they have to be/should be run through Mod Organizer? Also, I believe that we should have the guide to add those utilities to run through MO then and there.[/quote']

It doesn't matter what order you install them, the result is the same. Adding the others to MO is in the MO Guide and for those that don't know how to do that already they can get the information from that Guide: https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#tab=Third_Party_Programs

STEP was designed this way to keep the STEP Guide minimal and straight-forward. If users need to learn about other programs such as MO or WB and how to use them, then they need to read those Guides.

Changelog states:

"The Choice is Yours MOVED to come after Thieves Guild Requirements. See this thread for details.

Thieves Guild Requirements MOVED to come after The Choice is Yours. See this thread for details."

The correct phrasing appears to be the latter.

Changelog states:

"The Choice is Yours MOVED to come after Thieves Guild Requirements. See this thread for details.

Thieves Guild Requirements MOVED to come after The Choice is Yours. See this thread for details."

The correct phrasing appears to be the latter.

Fixed the issues

Hi, in the instal instruction for Realistic Water Two, if we manual instal with what Step tell us to tak, we will have those ESP :

Realistic Water Two . ESP

RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary .EXP

Realistic Water Two - WAVES .ESP

and, in the readme of RWT i can read this :

Combination

-------------------------------------------------

RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp

-Requires Dawnguard and Dragonborn. This is a merged file of the “RealisticWaterTwo - Dawnguard.espâ€, “RealisticWaterTwo - Dragonborn.espâ€, “RealisticWaterTwo - Waves.esp†and “RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Dawnguard.esp†files. You may uninstall those files if this legendary addon is installed.

So with maybe we must note on the wiki for manual instal to just use the

Realistic Water Two . ESP

RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary .EXP

Or i am wrong ?

PS: I didn't know what Esp are instaled with MO, i prefer to use only Wyre Bash

I don't know if this is intentional so forgive me if I missed something but the new guide uses this tweak

[Display]

;Improves shadow changes as the sun moves through the sky

fSunShadowUpdateTime=0

fSunUpdateThreshold=0.01

while in 2.2.7 it's

fSunShadowUpdateTime=0

fSunUpdateThreshold=2.0

I didn't see it in the change log that this was changed. The above tweak from 2.2.8 causes my shadows to become very blocky.

I don't know if this is intentional so forgive me if I missed something but the new guide uses this tweak

[Display]

;Improves shadow changes as the sun moves through the sky

fSunShadowUpdateTime=0

fSunUpdateThreshold=0.01

while in 2.2.7 it's

fSunShadowUpdateTime=0

fSunUpdateThreshold=2.0

I didn't see it in the change log that this was changed. The above tweak from 2.2.8 causes my shadows to become very blocky.

No that would be the other setting ... blur something ...

EDIT: Set the following to 3 or higher to reduce blocky shadows (but shadows are fixed by ENB, and this should then be set to zero):

iBlurDeferredShadowMask

the new fSunUpdateThreshold=0.01 does seem to make the shadows animate oddly though, as if they are stuttering when the rest of the game isn't. setting iBlurDeferredShadowMask to 0 when using enb makes it less noticeable since it smooths out the shadows. perhaps it's because I'm not running ultra shadows

I have to agree to OP. I personally set it back to 2.0 again because at my medium shadow settings it seemed to flicker slightly at 0.01 and thus more noticeable than the sudden jump of 2.0. Haven't tried on ultra shadow settings because it kills my GTX675.

Thanks

Fred