STEP v2.2.8 Official Bug Reports

z929669

Regarding my prior comment about Wyre Bash,  I could not exactly follow the step instructions under 3.A.2, since I don't know what I am doing. I right click the bashed batch in WB, and select rebuild, and I get a dialogue box pop that says "Deactivate these mods prior to patching". In the box it says "Mergeable" and lists trapsmakenoise.esp and moveitWT.esp. They have checkboxes by them pre-checked, but which I can uncheck. My choices along with unchecking the boxes are OK and Skip.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, WB is saying that you can merge those mod into the bashed patch and not have them check in the mod list. You need to have them checked in the bashed patch pop up so they can be merged. That is more because of Bashed Patch's system, it is kinda hard to explain until you get someone to use it a couple times. You will know they are merged after running the bashed patch because those mods that were merged will have green text and the check box will have a plus symbol in it instead of a check mark.

Okay' date=' WB is saying that you can merge those mod into the bashed patch and not have them check in the mod list. You need to have them checked in the bashed patch pop up so they can be merged. That is more because of Bashed Patch's system, it is kinda hard to explain until you get someone to use it a couple times. You will know they are merged after running the bashed patch because those mods that were merged will have green text and the check box will have a plus symbol in it instead of a check mark.[/quote']

Gotcha. I left the items selected and hit OK. I was then able to continue with the next steps of creating the patch, and the rest of the guide instructions. Thank you very much for your prompt help!

EDIT: I must admit though that adding this new program (WB) and this batched patch which (possibly) needs to be recreated and maintained everytime I add a mod (and as such, change my load order) is possibly the most daunting aspect of this whole Step Core installation. Not complaining - just mentioning. There is still lots about MO I don't understand - features it has I don't use, etc, and now I am adding another new program to understand at least to an extent.

Time to watch some videos on youtube I reckon!

Regarding SMIM unneeded ESPs, we should be suggesting that they be hidden from the MO File Tree.

Regarding Bashed Patche mergeable mods, the BP dialog process should ask you if you want those to be deactivated to remind you to do so. The important thing is to be certain that they are UNchecked after the patch is build. Only when unchecked, will you see a '+' symbol in the checkbox. Just look for green-text plugins.

Instead of hiding the SMIM plugins' date=' we should have them moved into Optional ESPs.[/quote']

:? huh? What's that?

Double click a mod in the left pane that has plugins you don't need. Then hit the optional esp tab and move the plugins you don't need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instead of hiding the SMIM plugins' date=' we should have them moved into Optional ESPs.[/quote']

Double click a mod in the left pane that has plugins you don't need. Then hit the optional esp tab and move the plugins you don't need.

This is a VERY useful tip!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

This is a VERY useful tip!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The first thing you do with a new piece of software is click everything to see what it does.

Unless you work for the govt, don't click anything on their software ever.

Yeah' date=' well, I do that for a living (software tester), and I don't like when it feels like work at home :wallbash:[/quote']

That's why I play games with a controller instead of mouse/keyboard. Nothing like working on a PC all day and then getting home and sitting in front of your PC to play games.

Back OT, we should probably drop the Lanscapes file for Skyrim HD. It would only add about 10 LOD files and everything else is overwritten. To big a download for that. The Towns file is also overwritten almost entirely, only 31 out like 290 files are used. Still asking for users to download a big file for so little of it to be used.