STEP v2.2.8 Official Bug Reports

z929669

In Section 2.M - "Also install the optional file Traps Make Noise - Follower Safety Patch version if Follower Trap Safety is installed in Section 2.M. Install the Follow Safety Patch after Follower Trap Safety." in that case Follower Safety Patch is redundant in my MO completely overwitten by orginal Traps Make Noise... so maybe Follower Safety Patch moved after Traps Make Noise ?

Follower Trap Safety installs three scripts, while Traps Make Noise - Follower Safety Patch only installs one ... and the one is slightly different.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm talking about TrapBear.pex in Traps Make Noise - Follower Safety Patch which is overwitten by Traps Make Noise further identic scirpt.

Yep that is the one. They are different from where I am looking ... did you check the CRCs? What about the byte counts? I honestly don't know if the difference is actually functional. They may have the same code essentially, but the byte count is different.

Section 2.F. Skill Interface' date=' detailed instructions. Normally STEP recommends a specific setting/style.

Does STEP has no specific preference in this case?

The settings can probably be extracted from the BCF when a user is WB tech savy enough though.....

User preference applies here ;)

Not a bug but something that is unclear to me (and perhaps others).

Enhanced Blood has an ini file. I've checked the forum(s) for it but can't seem to find the answer. Perhaps someone here knows. Does EBD pick up the values which are in the ini file OR do I have to change the values in the skyrim ini files (the MO one inside a profile).

Note: Although MO has support for custom ini files this DOES NOT seem to work. Have tested it today with iMinGrassSize=xx (xx=default=20 and xx=80). Have tried multiple ways but only the skyrim.ini settings changes it. Have to contact Tannin about this. UNLESS it works for others and I'm doing something wrong. If so i would like to hear how you got it working.

Note: Although MO has support for custom ini files this DOES NOT seem to work. Have tested it today with iMinGrassSize=xx (xx=default=20 and xx=80). Have tried multiple ways but only the skyrim.ini settings changes it. Have to contact Tannin about this. UNLESS it works for others and I'm doing something wrong. If so i would like to hear how you got it working.

Custom ini works great in MO. It is just that iMinGrassSize=xx only works in skyrim.ini :)

Custom ini works great in MO. It is just that iMinGrassSize=xx only works in skyrim.ini :)

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Hitting head to wall HARD . That what you get when you only test one thing...........

Do you perhaps have more examples of settings which do not work, I like to keep the rest of my hairs....

From a technical point of view: Do you know why it does NOT. Are those custom settings not merged into skyrim.ini and skryimpref.ini (the MO virtualized ones) or is there some special other ini file I'm not aware off. I tried to copy the grass settings into MO's initweak.ini (in profile dir) but every time I launch MO the grass settings disappear...

It doesn't work in the MO ini editor or it doesn't work if a mod adds the little paperclip for grass size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't work in the MO ini editor or it doesn't work if a mod adds the little paperclip for grass size?

It DOES work in the MO editor. It DOES work with an external editor (Ini editor value external set to true. Tested both. Pretty darn sure it works with MO's 'configurator'. In all three cases the /profiles//skyrim.ini and /profiles//skyrimprefs.ini are changed. If you mean wit 'paperclip' the fact that it has a custom.ini then iMinGrassSize does NOT work.

I don't know how Tannin handles custom.ini's. I don't know what mechanism Skyrim has for custom ini files. It looks as if it is a software issue. If Tannin would 'merge' the contents of custom ini's with the virtual skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini and present THOSE virtual ini files to programs kickstarted by MO (ie Skyrim) I can't see how iMinGrassSize and every other setting would not work. Interesting question for Tannin indeed.

Aside from 'hide' and 'optional' MO has custom ini's. I was experimeting with custom ini files because I wanted to be check if I could do the whole ini settings needed for STEP with them. It would allow users to have a virgin skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini and change the contents with custom ini files. The same way as WB has custom ini files for a lot of settings. One could throw all those ini files in a MO mod for example and by 'hiding' the not wanted files one could for example set the debuggin on/off etc... But ofc I had to choose a variable which apparently can not be handled by custom ini files at the moment.

As asked before by DoYouEvenModBro, I'm VERY curious if there are more settings which can NOT be handled by custom ini's (atm). Gonna write Tannin an email to get some more details/fact. Perhaps 'merging' is possible and all variables should work.

Good idea about moving the INI recommendations into a custom INI tweak for MO (and for WB). We could provide these with the STEP Patches ;)

I cannot verify ho MO handles custom INIs, but I know that any *.ini in directory gets loaded, so if custom INIs are included in the virtual files system of MO, then they should get loaded.