WATER - Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux (by SparrowPrince)

Asimov

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new version 1.75b says the following:

"WATER DB Waves.esp" now carries forward changes from Dawnguard.esm (this plugin now requres Dawnguard as well as Dragonborn)."

This makes no sense to me. I can't use the dragonborn waves add-on because I don't have dawnguard? What? What do I have to use instead? The non-waves dragonborn option? That's ridiculous.

I would imagine he added waves to the Vampire's castle and shoreline of that island they live on and that's why it requires Dawnguard. It would be nice to have a wave plugin without that and or even the Solstheim changes.

You would think that they would be separate. No clue as to why he chose to combine them. A few of you should also comment in the nexus forums. The more people who dislike that change the more likely he will separate them. 

Doesn't bug me... tbh all dlcs have been available for super cheap many times and would honestly prefer more mod authors consolidate esps as much as possible since there will be no further official content or patches.

That being said, various features can stay modular but shouldn't be based on DLC.

Once a Ultimate, GOTY, Legendary edition comes out with all the included content, I think mod authors should slowly move toward supporting the complete game. I know it's hard for people without all the DLC to keep up, but sometimes it's hard to keep a project going forward so long after release of a title.

Doesn't bug me... tbh all dlcs have been available for super cheap many times and would honestly prefer more mod authors consolidate esps as much as possible since there will be no further official content or patches.

+1 this.  I have so many mods that included patches and optional files and patches for the optional files... it can be a bit much.  There are a lot of mods that I'd like to see consolidated rather than requiring 3-4 esps (or sometimes more).  And it's difficult as a mod author to maintain versions that support every possible combination of the different DLCs.  Just grab an older version of the file if you don't have Dawnguard.

I just updated it the 1.8 and it was quite a big update. I have put up some quick shots and two gifs for the hard normal map wave option. It seems with the new normals, I can actually see a quality difference between medium and high now. Probably because it's sharper. The DB wave requirement was removed and apparently it's fine. I didn't edit it by the way so I can't really answer any questions on it.

Funny how competition makes authors push forward

Nope wasn't like that! :p I used some of isoku's choices in the new version, but made the edits myself on the most part. I suppose we like to share a lot of stuff. I made one last push because the water values and compatibilty couldn't be left any longer. I suppose isoku inspired me to do it though, and plus I'm helping him out in his comment box while he is away (well if you call terrible jokes and sarcasm help lol). Final versions... Yeah I always regret putting that; I'm guaranteed to break it when I think of something cool to add. :D

I just updated it the 1.8 and it was quite a big update.

Good stuff.  :thumbsup:
Apart from the awful auto correct again ;) How are you anyway? How is your writing going?

Also I can't ever edit posts anymore I just get this:

Sorry but you cannot edit your post. The Administrator has set it so that posts can only be edited within 60 minutes of posting.

It has been hours. Maybe a bug?

Oh and can I get a random funny tag change? I mean people can already see I'm a author. It's like you having STEP above the STEP lol. I just know I'm going to get "Surfin' Bird" but oh well. ;)

You go to your user profile in the drop down on the top right' date=' then to edit profile and finally the Custom User Title box.[/quote']

Ninja'd

I was going to say that but when I got to looking the option seems to have disappeared. I could have sworn I had that option before I became a mod tester but I don't see it anymore.