WATER - Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux (by SparrowPrince)

Asimov

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just quickly updated the mod after getting back. I thought people would appreciate it if I merged the medium resolution pack.

Basically the water fix makes them non-blurry

That was the only intention, no more. I could have made them hi-res and have them look more like ice, but then it wouldn't have gone well with the other fix that's included. It seems people around here appreciate perfomance more than anything, and keeping the files at default res, for something as trivial as a puddle, was my intention.

:)

@phazer11

Not sure when I will get chance the look into this. I'm only updating source textures at the moment with 1.7.

Yeah mate it wasn't a big deal it just broke my immersion it just set off alarms in my head saying why are the wave coming FROM shore... It's not a big deal I don't go up there that often but I would imagine there are a few places this occurs.

• 1 month later...

This has seen a few updates the last couple days. No more WATER Particle Patch for ENB needed.

1.75a

From any older version please save your game, totally uninstall the mod and re-install it again. It

should be fine. Clean saves are recommended.

Updated the mod so it uses some BSA archives instead of loose files.

1.75b (as we go)

Updated all water types in "WATER.esp" for slightly more condensed waves, slightly more

refraction, and various other tweaks.

Fresnal reduced to 0 on all water which should give less reflection at certain viewing angles.

This should make it more realistic.

Added a river ambient sound "DefaultRiver" water type. Bug fix.

Realistic Needs compatibilty is now included. No need for additional mods.

Particle patch for ENB users now included in the mod. No other files required.

"WATER DB Waves.esp" now carries forward changes from Dawnguard.esm (this plugin now requres Dawnguard as well as Dragonborn).

Updated water types for Dragonborn plugins.

Dawnguard support.

Updated Falskaar plugin and combined it into main mod installer.

I've not updated mods w/ Mod Organizer yet. When I do, do I reinstall and re-optimize stuff like SMIM in this process?

1. Open MO

2. Deactivate mod

3. Remove Mod (?)

4. Download latest version (maybe this before removing?)

5. Install latest

6. Optimize (if needed)

I worry about overrides and such. Am I supposed to download a new version over top an old one and merge during installation rather than removing the old mod?

With mod organizer you can even just use the replace option when updating. If a mod has the same name that is already installed it will ask you to merge, replace, rename, or cancel. You can replace if the old files aren't required for the update and merge if they old files are required.

Don't optimize SMIM, it's mostly meshes and they can't really be optimized.

Word of warning when updating mods with MO: when you have patches or addons installed separately (for example if you install "Skill Interface Retexture" and then "Skill Interface Retexture - Dawnguard" separately, so that you have 2 separate items in our mod list, when you are reinstalling the mod, MO remembers the LAST used name, so if you were reinstalling "Skill Interface Retexture" the program would say that the mod of this name already exists, but it means Skill Interface Retexture - Dawnguard.

ALWAYS hit Rename first, to check which mod MO is actually reinstalling.