WATER - Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux (by SparrowPrince)

Asimov

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is even funnier that isoku took most of the effects too and included them in RWT. I'm obviously fine with that part, but what is funny is that it makes them even more similar. I was as lost as a snake in long grass. Then I get moaned at by Z for suggesting a STEP merge lol

Oh yeah and 2.01 is out if anyone is interested.

It is even funnier that isoku took most of the effects too and included them in RWT. I'm obviously fine with that part, but what is funny is that it makes them even more similar. I was as lost as a snake in long grass. Then I get moaned at by Z for suggesting a STEP merge lol

Oh yeah and 2.01 is out if anyone is interested.

Isuko started it by making the original mod, you picked up on that and created WATER, then he came took some of your effects and continued it with RWT, so the only logical end game is for you both to get together and create the ultimate water mod.

The end game was suggested by me, but I cant force someone to do something they dont want to do. Unless I can get that restraining order revoked by isoku, then it is not happening. Good tmes!

But that is the MAIN focus of this mod Tech. It's either have nice looking water + a clean mod, or great looking water with world edits. I chose the first option and people like that. I enjoy adding new effects becuase there isnt much more I can do with the water. Also people wanting a merge don't understand I wanted that too. Get on the train! Don't blame me. :)

I very much appreciate the the WATER mod design focus, I wouldn't want it any other way. I haven't had to bend over backwards to get my heavy mod build to work with WATER unlike some other water mods I have used in the past. :)

• 2 months later...

Okay with the latest update I made it really modular, so you can pretty much even get rid of the main plugin if you like. There has also been (for ages) a very small guide in my sticky if you wanted to try and get all the mods working. I just had to give a big middle finger to all the similar mods that try and hide these facts. Choice is great. I wish more people thought like that.

Last version I tried was the previous one (to the last update I think), and I really didn't like how water flowed in places without any current. Good example: Morthal. It's basically a little lake or something, so there shouldn't be any flow at all. I went back to RW2 after that :P

Do you have any plans with this sort of stuff?

The last verson had inverted textures by accident so it was not the best example. Flow changes without world edits is not really possible because of the original design choices where water is reused. I have asked people, and the main consensus is that they like how it works flawlessly with other mods. Anyway, you can use both now easily, so if you did want troughs, mist, plants ect. then it would be easier to do now with the installer. 

I'll try again to see what's different anyway.

I see compatibility is a priority - nothing wrong with that. Guess RW2 is better for me then :) Not sure what you meant by being able to use both - do you mean WATER and RW2 at the same time? That... smells of conflicts.

Yeah you can use the water mods together fine, but not any two same plugins. Check the sticky link on WATER's mod page, it's listed about 3/4 the way down. I don't get why people say it's not possible, it just seems like I am the only one giving out the information. 

Edited by Guest

• 2 years later...