Fore's New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS (by fore)

WilliamImm

The order doesn't matter. FNIS creates havok behavior files which Wrye Bash knows nothing about. And FNIS itself doesn't add any esps, so there's no overlap.

Of course, if you have a mod that adds an esp as well as introducing new animations, then you need to do both. But the order still doesn't matter.

[edit]

Only read half the question :)

The FNIS mods only add the FNIS tool folders and the base behavior files ready for modification. So again, ordering doesn't matter.

As for the .tri files, are these the ones in overwrite->meshes->cache? I don't know for sure but I've been assuming they're left over from ENB. Certainly I've been deleting them when I find them. It doesn't seem to have affected anything

Edited by TechAngel85

Aye, those be the ones, I actually thought and still do think they were created by Racemenu, because depending on which custom character I load there will be a different number of corresponding .tri files. The info in the above posts and in some other threads is confusing me.

EDIT: HAHAHA Techangel I was typing that as you posted.

Edited by Vulgar1

• 2 months later...

I'm having serious animation issues after installing FNIS and running with XP32 Skeleton and DSR. I test my installations every "section" of STEP with the carriage scene as recommended. Once I have FNIS installed, however, my game goes haywire and the carriage flies around the horse. If I manage to get to the chopping block my character will 99% of the time stop while walking, center my POV and my screen will give animation as though my head is bobbing while walking but I don't move and have no control over my character movement or looking around.

I'm having serious animation issues after installing FNIS and running with XP32 Skeleton and DSR. I test my installations every "section" of STEP with the carriage scene as recommended. Once I have FNIS installed, however, my game goes haywire and the carriage flies around the horse. If I manage to get to the chopping block my character will 99% of the time stop while walking, center my POV and my screen will give animation as though my head is bobbing while walking but I don't move and have no control over my character movement or looking around.

Are you making sure to run the FNIS generator and the Dual Sheath patcher? FNIS has it be ran every time you change a mod concerning animations.

Are you making sure to run the FNIS generator and the Dual Sheath patcher? FNIS has it be ran every time you change a mod concerning animations.

Yes I run FNIS Generator through MO and move the files from overwrite into my FNIS Output "mod". Each time I do this I replace the files that were previously in the output. I haven't even got to running the DSR yet. These issues occur with the basic XP32 changes and FNIS installed.

Whether DSR is installed or not I shouldn't be getting these freezes though...

This is my third time going through a STEP installation and I have followed it to the letter each time. Still having issues with FNIS and it's frustrating to all hell :(

• 4 months later...

I just re-ran my FNIS and this is the output in my 'overwrite'

03cfc45188.png

Anything like your output?

The skeleton.hkx should be the arm-fix, I think.

None of these files however are actually needed for FNIS to work, most are just text files used in the process, or empty folders that contain no new or updated files. My existing FNIS mod should have any of those files modified.

If your not getting anything like this I would re-examine the installation in the MO executable list.

• +1 1

I am getting NOTHING in the overwrite folder. There are zero files in the overwrite folder. I have tried reinstalling multiple times. I even tried running it in administrator mode externally first and then doing it normally through MO

The Patcher Says This:

>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from a Skyrim installation directory.<<
FNIS Behavior V4.1.1   1/2/2015 9:07:19 PM
Skyrim: ??.?? - G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim (Steam)
Generator: C:\Games\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\9 - FNIS Behavior V4_1_1 -- ALWAYS necessary-11811-4-1-1\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users
Skeleton female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

Reading FNIS ...
Reading FNISBase ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
Converting Behavior Files (.xml to .hkx) ...

Create Creature Behaviors ...

Creature Pack not installed

373 animations for 2 mods successfully included (characters)
 1 Warning(s).

Is it not working because I have my Skyrim on an SSD? Is there a way to work around that?

EDIT: I FIXED IT. I had to point the launcher to the Skyrim mirror on my G Drive instead of onto my C drive (SSD). That was annoying.
Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

Try updating FNIS. I have v5.1

This is my FNIS log with just the top two options, Gender Specific and Skeleton Arm Fix.

If you don't have the animations for the choices you pick nothing can be changed.

>>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory.<<
FNIS Behavior V5.1.1   3/01/2015 1:14:33 PM
Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - 
Generator: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

Skeleton female: XPMS (242 bones)   male: XPMS (242 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations" 
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

Reading FNIS V5.1.1 ...
Reading FNISBase V5.1.1 ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V5.1 ...
Reading FNISSpells V5.0.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 9 paired, 0 kill, 0 alternate animations) ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files....
 1 GENDER modifications for Animations\male\
 3 GENDER modifications for Animations\female\
Generating animationsetdatasinglefile.txt ...

Create Creature Behaviors ...

0_master usage: 2.9 %   ( 9 paired, 0 kill animations)
 224 animations for 4 mods successfully included (character)
 1 Warning(s).

• +1 1