Fore's New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS (by fore)

WilliamImm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was just reading a Nexus thread about Ultimate Combat, where a noticed a message from Fore saying that he is about to introduce a new version of FNIS that will be, like, super-powerful and stuff but will also cause severe compatibility issues. I was intrigued. You guys know anything about this?

I was just reading a Nexus thread about Ultimate Combat, where a noticed a message from Fore saying that he is about to introduce a new version of FNIS that will be, like, super-powerful and stuff but will also cause severe compatibility issues. I was intrigued. You guys know anything about this?

As far as the user is concerned you will notice no visible differences. The tool works just the same as before, though in my use maybe faster.

It does however enable a whole swathe of new styles of animations that new mods can leverage.

Additionally it now utilises a plugin and works some of its magic via scripts.

• 4 weeks later...

FNIS 6.0 and PCEA2 (Player Character Exclusive Animations)

New functionality:

• Alternate Animations for 537 standard animation files
  • (standard files can be replaced during the game by an arbitrary number of custom animations)
    This replaces a similar functionality for walk and run, used for FNIS Sexy Move. This version has less side effects, and works for a wide variety of standard animations, including most attack and casting animations.
  • Added Animation Variable FNIS_NPC_SingleIdle which, when set to 1, will make NPCs play exactly ONE mt_idle.hkx when they are standing unequipped.

Note1: Starting with this release FNIS.esp is required and has to be activated (necessary for Alternate Animations)
Note2: Updates needed for FNIS Sexy Move (6.0) and XPMSE/Racemenu (Version TBD)

• Changes necessary to circumvent Mod Organizer file access problems.

Update: Yeah, power attacks hold you in place as you swing, which actually makes it easier to hit with some (I'm looking at you, forward power attack) but boy is it immersion breaking.

You'll definitely want to wait until 6.0.1 in, hopefully, a couple days.

Edited by onem4nb4nd

• 2 months later...

New add-on produced by @fore to address a few compatibility issues raised over the last few weeks. Copy/paste of the sticky @fore posted to describe it.

New! (16 Jan 2016) FNIS Behavior 6.2 Add-on 1 available
- Patch (behavior file modifications) for tktk1 mods TK Dodge, Ultimate Combat, TK Combat

New add-on produced by @fore to address a few compatibility issues raised over the last few weeks. Copy/paste of the sticky @fore posted to describe it.

New! (16 Jan 2016) FNIS Behavior 6.2 Add-on 1 available

- Patch (behavior file modifications) for tktk1 mods TK Dodge, Ultimate Combat, TK Combat

It's worth noting some installation instructions, as installing this add-on in MO is not as cut-and-dry as most.

Make sure you have already downloaded and installed the "FNIS Behavior V6_2" main file. Now download the "FNIS Behavior V6_2 Add-on 1" optional file. Double-click to install it in MO. In the installation prompt, expand "FNIS Behavior 6.2 add-on 1". Right-click "Data" and choose "Set data directory".

Here is where it gets a little off-base...it will still show "No game data on top level". That is OK. MO does not recognize FNIS' "tools" folder as game data.

Click "Ok", and a prompt will come up saying something is probably wrong. Click "Ignore". Then click "Merge" to merge the add-on into the main FNIS 6.2 mod.

Good call. I hadn't actually installed it yet. Glad you mentioned this, I just mentioned to a user the need to learn how to user MO when they complained about this behaviour. Now I can go back and edit my comment to reflect the true nature of this tool.

• 3 weeks later...

Very much struggling with executing Generate FNIS for Users and subsequently the Skeleton arm fix. 

I have recently come back to redo STEP due to all the updates and such.  I used Wyre Bash prior and hence using it still now.  I went through all the mods and updated those that needed updating and added the new ones in the guide in the correct order.

I am now at the patch section and I have spent hours trying to figure out the following:

>>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. If you use SKSE, this can be fixed by starting Skyrim once through Steam.<<
FNIS Behavior V4.1.1   2/3/2016 11:02:02 PM
Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 -
Generator: D:\Games\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users
Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS (242 bones)   male: XPMS (242 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"

>>Warning:  13 non-FNIS behavior files in meshes\actors\character\behaviors. They CAN be the cause of Skyrim incompatibility:<<
1hm_behavior.hkx
1hm_locomotion.hkx
bashbehavior.hkx
blockbehavior.hkx
bow_direction_behavior.hkx
idlebehavior.hkx
magicbehavior.hkx
magicmountedbehavior.hkx
magic_readied_direction_behavior.hkx
shout_behavior.hkx
sprintbehavior.hkx
staggerbehavior.hkx
weapequip.hkx

Reading FNISBase ...ERROR(2011): OLD FNIS version? Wrong line in Animation List, line  1 (..\..\meshes\actors\character\animations\FNISBase\FNIS_FNISBase_List.txt):  Version V6.2

1.  I have a legitimate copy of Skyrim and have done the whole start it up once as the error mentions.  Still there though.

2.  I can get rid of the 13 non-FNIS behavior error by simply moving those files out, but I doubt that is supposed to be.  Regardless...

3.   I get the Reading FNIS Base error anyway.  It is the latest version.

2DFixes-XP32Maximum Skeleton was added (9 files) through MO and then repackaged into Wrye Bash.  Everything installed properly. 

What can I do to fix this problem?  Need the expert advice :)

Ahh that is true, but my mod package says FNIS Behavior 6.2 then within Data folder, FNIS 6_2_Alternate Animations.txt, FNIS Readme_6_2.txt and a script.  So pretty sure I used the latest version.  Unless that previously installed version has files that I need to track down to remove that I could have put in separately back in the day.  Hmmm maybe, I'll examine further tomorrow.  Thanks.

Edited by BahamutZ

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this is the right place to post this and sorry if it's a stupid question, I installed aMidianBorn Blade of Woe and Armours and both installs resulted in files in the Overwrite folder. They looked like FNIS related stuff so I dragged the files into the FNIS Output mod I made when I installed FNIS before.

Was that right?

...I installed aMidianBorn Blade of Woe and Armours and both installs resulted in files in the Overwrite folder. They looked like FNIS related stuff so I dragged the files into the FNIS Output mod I made when I installed FNIS before.

Was that right?

Nothing in those mod installs will place files into the 'Overwrite' folder. Whatever files you found are not from those mods.