kryptopyr's Patch Hub (by kryptopyr)

TechAngel85

On 11/7/2023 at 7:27 AM, Kattmandu said:

Wow, that's a lot!

Change log says "[TCIY] Updated: Saints and Seducers (CC) TCIY patch (v1.2)" but...

image.thumb.png.d98f776ced5df16176b53aec5eec30c6.png

Also says "[WACCF] Updated: Fishing (CC) WACCF patch (v1.4)" and "[CCOR] Updated: Fishing (CC) CCOR patch (v1.4)" but...

image.thumb.png.005ae2aab32ab6148d99dea530b15371.png

Or maybe those particular lines in the changelog apply to the Main File only, not the individual Miscellaneous Files...probably.  Catching up the Main File to the Miscellaneous Files.

Since this mod's Nexus page is configured to maintain MO versioning fidelity at the level of each of the Misc patch files, I have been able to verify that the only updated patch with respect to the Step guide is "Survival Mode (CC) __ CACO".

So you must be correct that the changelog notes refer to the FOMOD file. In other words, this is a relatively trivial update that should not impact the current Step Patch much if at all (TBD).

On 11/7/2023 at 11:09 AM, Mousetick said:

Yes. The FOMOD in the Main Files section, which was lagging far behind, was updated with the latest/current version of each individual patch.

In addition, there are some new or updated individual patches, as listed in the Changelog's first paragraph: new Adamant T&B, Reliquary of Myth - ICH WACCF, Survival Mode (CC) - USSEP CACO, Visual Animated Enchants 2-023; or updated: Beyond Skyrim - Bruma CCOR, Bonemold Weapon Pack WACCF, Cannibal Draugr on Solstheim CACO, all Guards Armor Replacer WACCF/CCOR, Ordinator CACO, Skyrim Revamped WACCF, Survival Mode (CC) CACO, and all Thaumaturgy WACCF/ACE/AMB.

I'd suggest you continue to ignore the FOMOD and check the new/updated individual patches by sorting the Miscellaneous Files section by: Date Uploaded, Descending. Pick the ones that apply to STEP or to your specific load order.

Question about this last part:

I plan to skip CACO, CCOR and ACE. So obviously I would skip those patches. But what about something like 'Bittercup (CC) __ TCIY' ?

According to the guide, I should skip it because it's not listed. But the guide has 'Bittercup (CC) __ CACO'. So my thought process is that maybe now all of a sudden I do need the other patch, since I am not going to apply the CACO patch. My feeling tells me something about the Bittercup needs patching, so might as well use the one that applies best. Does that make any sense?

Or to put it another way: how do I know if i can skip a patch, when I have the mod in question installed (like the Bittercup (CC) __ TCIY' patch) ?

There are patches purely for WACCF for example that the FOMOD will select but STEP doesn't suggest. Can I assume that the STEP patch will cover everything except stuff added post January 2023? Which would be 4 new patches for TCIY (The Contest, Lord's Mail, Dead Man's Dread, Bone Wolf) if I'm correct?

2 hours ago, Kirsid said:

Or to put it another way: how do I know if i can skip a patch, when I have the mod in question installed (like the Bittercup (CC) __ TCIY' patch) ?

There are patches purely for WACCF for example that the FOMOD will select but STEP doesn't suggest. Can I assume that the STEP patch will cover everything except stuff added post January 2023? Which would be 4 new patches for TCIY (The Contest, Lord's Mail, Dead Man's Dread, Bone Wolf) if I'm correct?

@z929669 maintains the STEP patches so it would be best for him to answer these questions.

On 12/4/2023 at 12:47 PM, Kirsid said:

Question about this last part:

I plan to skip CACO, CCOR and ACE. So obviously I would skip those patches. But what about something like 'Bittercup (CC) __ TCIY' ?

According to the guide, I should skip it because it's not listed. But the guide has 'Bittercup (CC) __ CACO'. So my thought process is that maybe now all of a sudden I do need the other patch, since I am not going to apply the CACO patch. My feeling tells me something about the Bittercup needs patching, so might as well use the one that applies best. Does that make any sense?

The simplest answer is to simply follow the guide instructions. It sounds like you are trying to guess at some things to avoid going through the process. We created the guide to obviate questions like these.

image.png

The instructions for krypto's patches are pretty clear. Do not use the FOMOD. Not installing CACO? Then don't install those patches. Obviously, you would not install the Step CACO patch either. Same logic applies for TCIY and CCOR. ACE is not a master for any of our patches, so it doesn't matter. WACCF is a hard requirement for our CR patch though.

image.png

image.png

The patches are configured to allow people to skip certain mods that would otherwise require patching.

image.png

If you were not running TCIY, CACO, and CCOR, then you would only install #17 of krypto's patches and only the Step CR patch. Reading the guide and following the process should answer your questions.

On 12/4/2023 at 9:56 PM, z929669 said:

The simplest answer is to simply follow the guide instructions. It sounds like you are trying to guess at some things to avoid going through the process. We created the guide to obviate questions like these.

image.png

The instructions for krypto's patches are pretty clear. Do not use the FOMOD. Not installing CACO? Then don't install those patches. Obviously, you would not install the Step CACO patch either. Same logic applies for TCIY and CCOR. ACE is not a master for any of our patches, so it doesn't matter. WACCF is a hard requirement for our CR patch though.

image.png

image.png

The patches are configured to allow people to skip certain mods that would otherwise require patching.

image.png

If you were not running TCIY, CACO, and CCOR, then you would only install #17 of krypto's patches and only the Step CR patch. Reading the guide and following the process should answer your questions.

I sort of get what you're saying, but not fully :( . I skipped the FOMOD and installed patches #9, 14 and 17 because I do use TCIY. Later on in the guide I installed the CR patch + update, as well as the TCIY and Grass patches.

The one thing that still has me confused is the Step Patch - CR - WACCF.esp that came with the CR patch. I do use WACCF, because it's mandatory and I like the changes. However, that particular esp has ACE as a hard requirement. ACE doesn't have a red bar next to it in the guide. So I assume ACE is not supposed to be mandatory and that therefore, I can disable the Step Patch - CR - WACCF.esp?

But if I do that, do I need additional patches for WACCF? Like the Cutting Room Floor - WACCF patch in krypto's hub for example?

The guide doesn't mention it, so maybe that should be enough of an answer. But a part of my brain thinks it's really logical to install all of krypto's WACCF related mods if I disable Step Patch - CR - WACCF.esp.

6 hours ago, Kirsid said:

I sort of get what you're saying, but not fully :( . I skipped the FOMOD and installed patches #9, 14 and 17 because I do use TCIY. Later on in the guide I installed the CR patch + update, as well as the TCIY and Grass patches.

The one thing that still has me confused is the Step Patch - CR - WACCF.esp that came with the CR patch. I do use WACCF, because it's mandatory and I like the changes. However, that particular esp has ACE as a hard requirement. ACE doesn't have a red bar next to it in the guide. So I assume ACE is not supposed to be mandatory and that therefore, I can disable the Step Patch - CR - WACCF.esp?

But if I do that, do I need additional patches for WACCF? Like the Cutting Room Floor - WACCF patch in krypto's hub for example?

The guide doesn't mention it, so maybe that should be enough of an answer. But a part of my brain thinks it's really logical to install all of krypto's WACCF related mods if I disable Step Patch - CR - WACCF.esp.

ACE is a sorta-kinda addon of WACCF, in fact the plugin is called WACCF_Armor & Clothing Extension. Since WACCF is mandatory for the STEP Patch WACCF, you have to install ACE as well. And as you said, if you don't want to use the STEP WACCF Patch, you will have to install all the krypto patches for WACCF to get the same effect.

@z929669 perhaps a red bar should be added to ACE as well?

5 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

@z929669 perhaps a red bar should be added to ACE as well?

Yes, my mistake. I failed to remember that ACE is a requirement for the STEP patches. This has been fixed in the guide.

6 hours ago, Kirsid said:

The Step Conflict Resolution (CR) patch --including all plugins and files in the Nexus archive-- is a hard requirement of the guide. We've made it easy to exclude WACCF for those familiar with patching via xEdit, but we don't officially support it, because WACCF meets the Step Mandate requirements, in our (my?) opinion.

It's really important that you follow the guide explicitly and completely such that you have the fully functional Step build. Only then should you experiment with your own customizations. Most of us just don't have the time or inclination to explain the limitless ways it can be customized further. This is precisely why we maintain the guide: to teach you the fundamentals needed to DIY and reduce the burden of explaining things redundantly. Deviate as you like, but please thoroughly read and understand the guide first before asking for help customizing your build.

I've edited the Step Patches information in the guide to hopefully explain this all better, so please read that and let me know exactly what's not clear if you still don't follow. The special instructions for krypto's patches and AMB are examples of how we are supporting these optional components.

Do let us know if something in the guide --and only within the context of the guide itself-- isn't clear. I think this topic has made it clear that we could've done a better job explaining the Step patches, so hopefully this change make it clear to you and others.

On 12/9/2023 at 4:46 AM, z929669 said:

Yes, my mistake. I failed to remember that ACE is a requirement for the STEP patches. This has been fixed in the guide.

The Step Conflict Resolution (CR) patch --including all plugins and files in the Nexus archive-- is a hard requirement of the guide. We've made it easy to exclude WACCF for those familiar with patching via xEdit, but we don't officially support it, because WACCF meets the Step Mandate requirements, in our (my?) opinion.

It's really important that you follow the guide explicitly and completely such that you have the fully functional Step build. Only then should you experiment with your own customizations. Most of us just don't have the time or inclination to explain the limitless ways it can be customized further. This is precisely why we maintain the guide: to teach you the fundamentals needed to DIY and reduce the burden of explaining things redundantly. Deviate as you like, but please thoroughly read and understand the guide first before asking for help customizing your build.

I've edited the Step Patches information in the guide to hopefully explain this all better, so please read that and let me know exactly what's not clear if you still don't follow. The special instructions for krypto's patches and AMB are examples of how we are supporting these optional components.

Do let us know if something in the guide --and only within the context of the guide itself-- isn't clear. I think this topic has made it clear that we could've done a better job explaining the Step patches, so hopefully this change make it clear to you and others.

The one thing that isn't clear, in my humble opinion, are the red bar requirements for the conflict patch. Don't get me wrong, I personally get it now, it's just that it still feels off.

Reason for this is that the WACCF patch is included with the CR patch. I understand why it's included. However, the WACCF patch also requires

- Masque of Argonian Vile SSE

- At your own pace

- Unofficial Skyrim Creation Club Content Patches

None of which have a red bar next to them. To me it feels like they should have, just like ACE.

That minor nitpick said, please don't think I'm not grateful for the guide and all the work that has been put in making it. I know that by deviating from the guide, I'm opening myself to several pitfalls. In addition, while I of course have asked and hoped for help, I don't expect nor demand it. I am very thankful for the answers from this community!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kirsid said:

The one thing that isn't clear, in my humble opinion, are the red bar requirements for the conflict patch. Don't get me wrong, I personally get it now, it's just that it still feels off.

Reason for this is that the WACCF patch is included with the CR patch. I understand why it's included. However, the WACCF patch also requires

- Masque of Argonian Vile SSE

- At your own pace

- Unofficial Skyrim Creation Club Content Patches

None of which have a red bar next to them. To me it feels like they should have, just like ACE.

That minor nitpick said, please don't think I'm not grateful for the guide and all the work that has been put in making it. I know that by deviating from the guide, I'm opening myself to several pitfalls. In addition, while I of course have asked and hoped for help, I don't expect nor demand it. I am very thankful for the answers from this community!

That's fair and will be fixed once the guide is again relevant (it's broken now with the game update).

• 1 month later...

Updates...

• Version 2024-01-24

• [FOMOD] Updated to Version 4.0.3.
    • [WACCF] Added: Improved Closefaced Helmets - Beard Mask Fix WACCF patch (v1.0). Patch by titanbass1.
    • [WACCF] Added: Semi-Open Guard Helmets WACCF patch (v1.0).
    • [WACCF] Updated: Cloaks of Skyrim WACCF patch (v1.1). Assigned Pick Up/Put Down sounds for all cloaks. Adjusted the names of several cloaks. Credits to daken72127 for these changes.
    • [WACCF] Updated: Reliquary of Myth - Improved Closefaced Helmet WACCF patch (v2.4). Forwarded ICH changes to Miraak Mask records.
    • [ACE] Removed: Immersive Sounds - Compendium ACE patch.
    • [CCOR] Updated: Cloaks of Skyrim CCOR patch (v1.4). Assigned Pick Up/Put Down sounds for all cloaks. Adjusted the names of several cloaks. Credits to daken72127 for these changes.
    • [CCOR] Removed: Audio Overhaul Skyrim CCOR patch.
    • [CCOR] Removed: Immersive Sounds - Compendium CCOR patch.
    • [AMB] Added: Improved Closefaced Helmets - Beard Mask Fix AMB patch (v1.0). Patch by titanbass1.
    • [AMB] Removed: Immersive Sounds - Compendium AMB patch.
    • [CACO] Updated: Wintersun - Custom Race Support CACO patch (v2.1). Added Wintersun CACO Patch as a requirement. Removed one ITM.
    • [SSR] Added: Adamant SSR patch (v1.0).
    • [SSR] Updated: Vorkrii SSR patch (v1.2). Merged changes to Conditioning perk.
    • [TCIY] Added: Calcelmo Has Standards TCIY patch (v1.0).
    • [TCIY] Added: Calcelmo Has Standards - Say No To Calcelmo TCIY patch (v1.0).
    • [TCIY] Added: Save The Icerunner TCIY patch (v1.0).
    • [TCIY] Added: Say No To Calcelmo TCIY patch (v1.0).