SSE & Modding - The early days

Dang, that is one of the more annoying ones to patch as well..

yeah it has a lot and i mean a lot of conflicts with USSEP took well over an hour to do (yeah i know that not very long). I do wish mod authors would use USSEP as there base instead of having to create separate patches but it's OK I've done for myself now. i am debating if it worth passing to the mod author

yeah it has a lot and i mean a lot of conflicts with USSEP took well over an hour to do (yeah i know that not very long). I do wish mod authors would use USSEP as there base instead of having to create separate patches but it's OK I've done for myself now. i am debating if it worth passing to the mod author

What are the conflicts Darth?  If they're all in similar records we've been using the AT Quickchange script to automate that sort of thing by just restoring the values for several fields at once from USSEP to all records in for example Winsong.  You can add several Restore commands using the + button.  Let me know if you need help with it.  Saves a huge amount of time.

What are the conflicts Darth?  If they're all in similar records we've been using the AT Quickchange script to automate that sort of thing by just restoring the values for several fields at once from USSEP to all records in for example Winsong.  You can add several Restore commands using the + button.  Let me know if you need help with it.  Saves a huge amount of time.

it's NPCS VMAD, OBDN, Items, Skills, DNAM playeer skills some Outfits, some Combat styles so all the usual stuff. Anyway i have completed my patch so thanks.  I believe the mod author is planning a releasing a USSP at some point i just couldn't wait and want to get my teeth into it.

Edit: I have been in contact with Windsong and have pass on my USSEP patch which might be included in the next update.

Edited by Darth_mathias
  • +1 1

Yep well the quickchange script could be used to run all of that in one pass for you.  It would basically forward all of those records for all of the NPCs in Winsong so they'd gain all of the USSEP values.  You'd then need to just save it, and go back over and reinstate any values you didn't want changed from things like ESF Companions, PHA, IW and so on.  Much quicker way of doing it than one record at a time.

Yep well the quickchange script could be used to run all of that in one pass for you.  It would basically forward all of those records for all of the NPCs in Winsong so they'd gain all of the USSEP values.  You'd then need to just save it, and go back over and reinstate any values you didn't want changed from things like ESF Companions, PHA, IW and so on.  Much quicker way of doing it than one record at a time.

lol well that would me teach not to be so impatient anyway its done now and passed to windsong. I'll know for next time I have to remind myself on how to use the quickchange script not used it in a while.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Dunc, that would require to alter the original esp and save into it. Not very advisable!

Your method is the way (more or less) to go but it is missing a couple of steps as to use it to create a patch instead of saving into the original esp.  ::):

Edited by Astakos

Dunc, that would require to alter the original esp and save into it. Not very advisable!

Your method is the way (more or less) to go but it is missing a couple of steps as to use it to create a patch instead of saving into the original esp.  ::):

You know me G, reckless to the core ;) OK, so forward all conflicted records into a new patch esp first, CTRL+S to save it, then run the quickchange stuff on the new patch (if you want to be 'safe')

Edited by dunc001

Why they broke the grass is beyond me. It works great in original and Fallout 4 with tweaks, but you have a horrible line of pop-in in SSE. I probably will try to get something put together.

Re: Grass tweak not working

What exactly did they broke ? Up to now, I didn't tweak the usual value because you said so, but I just tried and setting fGrassFadeRange to 18000 really bump grass visibility by a whole lot like it used to.

Edited by Kesta

Has anyone tried?

Skyrim Special Edition 1.1.51 Steam Beta https://beta-community.bethesda.net/topic/3046/skyrim-special-edition-1-1-51-steam-beta

It's supposed to fix missing NPC's that go missing.

I had to use console commands to find a lot of NPC's and move them back where they belong. Once I move them back to their proper game space they seem to stay there and function normally.

I assume using the beta means starting a new game?

You know me G, reckless to the core ;) OK, so forward all conflicted records into a new patch esp first, CTRL+S to save it, then run the quickchange stuff on the new patch (if you want to be 'safe')

Never used AT Quick Change to change this. I'm guessing it's not that complicated to use it outside from the guide right?

probably a bit slow to this party but LOOT has been updated for SSE.

Edit: looks like LOOT V0.10.0 is only detection SSE and not the older version this maybe because of where i have it installed.

Update: A Total wipe of the old version of loot including the custom loot rules seems to have fixed for me which is slightly annoying as i now have to re-add all my custom loot rules.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Small updates: ENB is progressing well and is atm good to use for stuff slight tone changes, bloom, DoF and some sharpening. I especially liked the sharpening option that one of the presets on the Nexus included, it kind of compensates for TAA's blur while TAA itself takes care of aliasing. I do think that using ENB at this point isn't super necessary, for me it means I can't run the game at a stable 60 fps at 1440p anymore. I'm probably also one of the few people that likes the in game DoF and don't really need a reshade/enb shader for it. Think I'll wait for more features before I start using it again.

A small tweak that I've seen on reddit a couple of times now that makes playing without an ENB manageable is to put fGlobalContrastBoost=-0.2 under Display in Skyrim.ini. It compensates for the overall 'blackness' that is especially notable on npcs. With just this tweak, Vivid Weathers, ELE, Noble Skyrim and Total Character Makeover the game already looks great.

Also, the game itself has a Beta Update 1.2. It apparently increases performance in cpu-bound areas: link. The post is made by someone of the SKSE team too.. is it finally happening? :D

As for Loot.. I think right now it's important to just check for conflicts yourself and use that to determine load order. I still find that I need to patch >50% of ported mods that I'm using right now because they don't include Update.esm changes for example.

Edited by Pretendeavor

I especially liked the sharpening option that one of the presets on the Nexus included, it kind of compensates for TAA's blur while TAA itself takes care of aliasing.

As for Loot.. I think right now it's important to just check for conflicts yourself and use that to determine load order. I still find that I need to patch >50% of ported mods that I'm using right now because they don't include Update.esm changes for example.

I hate the blur from TAA. I had just as good AA from SMAA in Skyrim. I have yet to try SMAA with SSE.

The mods not having the forwarded records is mostly due to users or author doing simple ports rather than taking the time to actually do a proper job with the port and releasing a quality product. I've been running into sine of this as well, and it sort of grinds my gears as an author myself.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.