SSE & Modding - The early days

I see no problem in the edited files being uploaded that require the original download.
If a halfassed solution arises then sch. may just make a page.

Also Ganda is the same way, if someone wants to properly port RBB, message him to open a page as he wants to keep things local which I can understand.

Wasn't there always water flows? Like the little creek streams with bendy curve-around meshes? If I am not misremembering anyway because it's time for bed here.

Wasnt this just a scrolling texture?

Wasn't there always water flows? Like the little creek streams with bendy curve-around meshes? If I am not misremembering anyway because it's time for bed here.

For the tiny creeks, yes. But the bigger ones and rivers got some nice flow enhancements now too. I'm not sure how they pulled it off, but the single flow direction per cell doesn't seem to be a limit anymore. It'll take the CK to know for sure.

One difference between Vanilla Skyrim and SSE has just cropped up... the Notes mesh is handled differently.

If you have a look at THIS you will see the text on the Note is squashed up at the top. It turns out the PageText object that the picture of the words is placed on is scaled differently between Vanilla and SSE. I have grabbed the latest NIFskope and extracted the SSE notes meshes and the structure of the NIF files is new.

If anyone who reads the comments on the Book Covers Skyrim SE page has any insight I would really appreciate help.

Fortunately the Books and Journals are correct. Phew!

Re on this, someone provided the answer:

The new engine expect a specific compression on normal and speculars. See here

So I guess the XRGB ones are broken?

Im trying to find an application to batch convert to uncompressed or DXT.

ddsopt and ordenator don't give the control I need

EDIT: Eh, I ran it through DDSopt and it fixed the CTD but the compression of uncompressed is undesired.

Also, parallax breaks everything :D

Skyrim is this wonderful gray and flickering mess with the meshes installed

@DY: Does it mean you're dropping INI analysis and BethINI updates ? If yes, I'll probably volunteer in a few weeks/months to take over for SSE. At least partially.

Not sure. Not having a correct SkyrimPrefs.ini is extremely annoying, as they changed saveini to using a false base. If anyone can figure out how to get a real complete SkyrimPrefs.ini I would be obliged.

Why they broke the grass is beyond me. It works great in original and Fallout 4 with tweaks, but you have a horrible line of pop-in in SSE. I probably will try to get something put together.

cool, installing that right now

EDIT: What no 4k diffuse 2k uncompressed normal option.

pfft, its not like we're limited by memory anymore :D

To be honest, I'd like to see an 8k 4k just to see how sse deals with it

"We have a new engine that's more stable.... now lets see how much more we can put in to make it crash!" :devil:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.