SSE & Modding - The early days

So vivid Landscapes cause a CTD I tracked one texture down which was "textures\architecture\farmhouse\wovenfence01_n.dds"

Why? I have no idea, Im not a texture guy.

Apparently landscape now has some sort of specular map which is not the best...

Re on this, someone provided the answer:

The new engine expect a specific compression on normal and speculars. See here

After playing a bit, I realized that modded original skyrim kicks SSE's butt all the way around the moon and back, in every way. Therefore, I have decided that I am not even going to waste my time on it. I can't find a single thing in its favor for the PC. I can mod the heck out of the original, add an ENB, add crash Fixes, run my BethINI, and get better graphics, better stability, better performance, and more personal satisfaction. SSE needs some serious fixing by the modding community before it is even worth the time of day.

That and I am slowly finding myself pulling away from serious gaming and focusing on my real life, which kicks all of the above around the universe and back.

Kesta, you speak of lazy authors, heres another one

Its riddled with wild edits for mods that have not and probably wont be released until a script extender is a thing.

What gets me is I brought this to the authors attention but was marked as "Not a bug"

It also has some random injected record that definitely isnt supposed to be injected into USSEP because it has the prefix "CRF"

Now Im inclined to circumvent the copyrights out there(xEdit Script?) to provide an decluttered version that does exactly what it says on the tin, better sorting

Really DoubleYou, I find SSE to be WAY further ahead in the "things that cannot be fixed by modders" aspect. If the original mods werent a thing people would be much happier.

Yeah, I still don't understand why people keep creating sorting mods, xEdit scripts to automate this at load-order scale is just a thousand time easier. Plug and play I guess.

@DY: Does it mean you're dropping INI analysis and BethINI updates ? If yes, I'll probably volunteer in a few weeks/months to take over for SSE. At least partially.

I went through all the scripts that I had and couldnt find what you mentioned, do you mean wrye?

No, I meant writing one. I started one that was kinda functional for FO4 last year (for items only, not naming rules), because I wanted to replace VIS. But it was before the whole UI of FO4 revoled around VIS custom tags, several of which aren't data-based and couldn't be automated.

So as far as I can tell SkyUI 2.2 works fine but some of the features like the different icons(poison/potion) and the search feature(its not getting focus) are completely busted which is no surprise.

Honestly, if I could, I'd omit those along with the SKSE warning and move on but I don't know how I'd go about that.

There is no BSA or plugin making those a non-issue

EDIT: Localization is probably also busted but I can't test.

So as far as I can tell SkyUI 2.2 works fine but some of the features like the different icons(poison/potion) and the search feature(its not getting focus) are completely busted which is no surprise.

Honestly, if I could, I'd omit those along with the SKSE warning and move on but I don't know how I'd go about that.

There is no BSA or plugin making those a non-issue

EDIT: Localization is probably also busted but I can't test.

Yes, I've been contemplating this solution since this morning. But my OCD mind keep telling me : If it's not by uploaded by shlangster on SSE nexus, don't use it, this isn't how things should be. I feel kinda stupid but I can't help it >_

• +1 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.