SSE & Modding - The early days

Apparently noble skyrim also has a patch.

Its a great idea to post something that people want, in a location with very limited visibility. Its like uploading a file for fnv on a fo3 page.

*Shrug*

It's still in testing phase, some textures are still broken. I believe he shutter plane to upload on the SSE nexus on he'll have a few more things in, and that he'll have nailed out the major issues.

psst...

Hey...

Guess what...

Enderal at a smooth 60 fps

If you want to screw around, extract all the BSAs and hide meshes\actors\character because zlib is gone(finally) and animations need updating.

WARNING 99% broken

EDIT: literally been walking around for awhile and not even a stutter or a flicker of 59fps in sight. Although some hunters clothes are horribly broken cause some annoying effects.

EDIT: You know what, this shouldnt be that hard to properly port... Im no genius with the specifics but there are definitely alternatives that could take place.

• There are only a few meshes that need some attention.
  • The skills would need to be reworked or at least the char menu
  • SkyUI would need a few things edited out like the search and hotkeys
  • Any SKSE scripts would need to be reworked
  • Some spells and effects would probably need reworking
  • Animations would need to get a look over if they are custom.(theres a converter tool in the ck)
  • Weathers and water dont NEED attention but should be reworked
  • Maybe instead of Skyrim.esm + Update, maybe have it as another ESM although there was probably a good reason for this

Do you know any reliable source comparing performance of original Skyrim (with crash fix OS memory management +ENBoost) vs SSE? I am very curious about this. It is very easy to tell that full SR:LE is not as smooth as SSE, but that is not a fair comparison.

Stability is another topic.

FO4 engine reported to be more stable than original Skyrim. SSE is probably closer to FO4 in term of stability.

Edited by darkside

Do you know any reliable source comparing performance of original Skyrim (with crash fix OS memory management +ENBoost) vs SSE? I am very curious about this. It is very easy to tell that full SR:LE is not as smooth as SSE, but that is not a fair comparison.

FO4 engine reported to be more stable than original Skyrim. SSE is probably closer to FO4 in term of stability.

Honestly, you don't need an apples to apples compare as its really obvious.

Just using Vanilla+DLCs+JK full I get a pitiful framerate in all the cities(20~50) whereas SSE I dont even see a dip as its able to max my GPU with an uncapped framerate.

As for Enderal quick and dirty, low 20s vs perfect 60.

What Im saying is that it scales with hardware rather than not.

• +1 2

Hell yea. This is a perfect opportunity to actually play through the entire quest this time around. Maybe.

For people interested in (official) texture (/meshes) ports, the main mods out there right now are Enhanced Textures Detail, Osmodius' texture pack, SMIM and Noble Skyrim. Right now I use Enhanced Textures Detail as base for improved meshes, Osmodius' pack as texture base, followed by SMIM, NSM Full 2k, NSM SMIM Patch, NSM SSE Patch. The whole SMIM/NSM chain is set up as recommended by NSM's author, not completely sure yet how I should fit Osmodius' pack in there.

Edited by Pretendeavor

there is a alpha version of interesting NPC's too most of Enai Siaion stuff is out so ordinator, wildcat, thunderchild, Imperious races, Aurora Standing stones also if your interest Bijin stuff will likely hit soon too and with the CK now officially out things will gather pace but we are still missing SKSE and SKYUI these will be at least a few months away.

Hell yea. This is a perfect opportunity to actually play through the entire quest this time around. Maybe.

For people interested in (official) texture (/meshes) ports, the main mods out there right now are Enhanced Textures Detail, Osmodius' texture pack, SMIM and Noble Skyrim. Right now I use Enhanced Textures Detail as base for improved meshes, Osmodius' pack as texture base, followed by SMIM, NSM Full 2k, NSM SMIM Patch, NSM SSE Patch. The whole SMIM/NSM chain is set up as recommended by NSM's author, not completely sure yet how I should fit Osmodius' pack in there.

YALO was pushed out yesterday. Replaces all landscape textures and improves mesh transitions.

YALO was pushed out yesterday. Replaces all landscape textures and improves mesh transitions.

Right, forgot about that one. Should probably be used after NSM, but I didn't compare them yet. I preferred Vivid Landscapes and Skyrim HD Parallax Tribute over YALO for old Skyrim where they conflicted, but I guess I might as well try it now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.