Step Skyrim LE Patches

DoubleYou

Just check the name you're installing the mod under and change it if you already have a mod with that name.

Well sure, I realised that after and re-installed both seperately. My point is that it is a really easy mistake to make, but also very easy to prevent with just a little sentence in the detailed instructions mentioning to rename rather than merge (or any other option).

For me it was not at all obvious that the vanilla optimised textures would be recognised as the same mod as in my mind they were pretty distinct, despite obviously being on the same nexus mod page, and also it was at least a day since I'd installed them by the time I got onto the compilation.

It's just a simple suggestion to improve the guide for others.

Well sure, I realised that after and re-installed both seperately. My point is that it is a really easy mistake to make, but also very easy to prevent with just a little sentence in the detailed instructions mentioning to rename rather than merge (or any other option).

For me it was not at all obvious that the vanilla optimised textures would be recognised as the same mod as in my mind they were pretty distinct, despite obviously being on the same nexus mod page, and also it was at least a day since I'd installed them by the time I got onto the compilation.

It's just a simple suggestion to improve the guide for others.

I would have mentioned it on the mod page, but you're the first person to report the problem. The fomod usually names the file appropriately. 

It also wanted to name mine the same as the textures by default. Once I started typing the name, a few different preset names with the word "Compilation" came up in the drop-down box.

Edit: However, I was kind of expecting it, because optionals do the same thing and they are on the same Nexus page. So it didn't really catch me off-guard, but I could see how it might catch others.

Edited by Nebulous112

The fomod is drawing the first choice for the name of the installation from any mod currently installed that shares the same Nexus ID.

If you have the Optimised Textures mod installed before you install this one the fomod will default to the name chosen for that mod. If you install this mod as the first one then the name given as default is "STEP Mod Compilation and v2.2.9.2 Patches".

You can examine how MO determines the name if you watch the messages in the log window at the bottom of the UI. Since both mods come from the same Nexus ID you will always see this sort of behaviour.

Thanks for the info about not worrying about errors linked back to Skyrim.esm...

Regarding the error

[00:00] PACK \ Package Data \ Data Input Values \ Value \ PTDA - Target \ Target Data \ Target -> [19033220] < Error: Could not be resolved >

It seems to be a stand alone package [xx000816] in the extended patch dealing with a place added by Cutting Room Floor, WhitrunWintersandManor. In the second data value package down. The reference under 'Target data/type - specific reference'  Can anyone tell me what theirs says instead of 'Target -> [19033220] < Error: Could not be resolved >' ? May help me work out what whatever I have done on top of the STEP install that may have twanged it. Thanks...

The fomod is drawing the first choice for the name of the installation from any mod currently installed that shares the same Nexus ID.

If you have the Optimised Textures mod installed before you install this one the fomod will default to the name chosen for that mod. If you install this mod as the first one then the name given as default is "STEP Mod Compilation and v2.2.9.2 Patches".

You can examine how MO determines the name if you watch the messages in the log window at the bottom of the UI. Since both mods come from the same Nexus ID you will always see this sort of behaviour.

This is, imo, erroneous behavior when FOMODs are involved. This could be the default behavior for mods without FOMODs, but if a FOMOD is used MO should be picking up the name from the FOMOD installer since this is an included field in the code. Tannin is too busy with MO2 or I'd put in a request for this.

This is, imo, erroneous behavior when FOMODs are involved. This could be the default behavior for mods without FOMODs, but if a FOMOD is used MO should be picking up the name from the FOMOD installer since this is an included field in the code. Tannin is too busy with MO2 or I'd put in a request for this.

@Tannin may be too busy but since @thosrtanner has been doing all the code work for the fomod stuff you might want to let him know anyway. There are a few code submissions from him waiting to be applied and this might make the cut as well.

DY,

The links are broken in the table.

Well, I believe the issue is that a "-" is needed after the topic id.

Even though I tracked down a solution for what I believe to be the cause, I cant edit the page, which is annoying, I wish I could just edit it.

change this line on this template page

{{!}} [http://forum.step-project.com/topic/{{#show:{{{1}}}|?ForumTID}} Forum Link]

to be this

{{!}} [http://forum.step-project.com/topic/{{#show:{{{1}}}|?ForumTID}}- Forum Link]

Well, I believe the issue is that a "-" is needed after the topic id.

Even though I tracked down a solution for what I believe to be the cause, I cant edit the page, which is annoying, I wish I could just edit it.

change this line on this template page

{{!}} [http://forum.step-project.com/topic/{{#show:{{{1}}}|?ForumTID}} Forum Link]

to be this

{{!}} [http://forum.step-project.com/topic/{{#show:{{{1}}}|?ForumTID}}- Forum Link]

Thanks, that fixed it. Those pages are protected for good reason. Not just anyone can edit them because they are essential to the Guide.

I am on my phone, so I cannot fix it now. Most likely somebody was playing with the templates.

Nope, only edits in the history were you. Just a missed "-". No biggy. My mistakes are usually much bigger and require multiple edits to fix. :whistling:

Whaaaat?! So install STEP Compilation even though none of those mods have been installed yet albeit further in the list of Mods???? And Thanks to all the Mod Authors/Gamer Poets/Gopher etc for the tutorials and making this easier for us less experienced Modders. Although installing can be frustrating at times I'm sure most all of us DO appreciate your time :)

*If there's any other AMD owners like myself having ENB issues I'm using Organic ENB with CCC15.71 but is tested to work with the newer Crimson drivers

Never mind - Screw the ENB's & modding, done wasting time on BS software

Edited by krossbonzz