Skyrim Flora Overhaul (by vurt)

JudgmentJay

Also lovely compare session there tiger! Must have taken a while to do!

A while. But I'm incredibly anal about these things. I haven't decided which one I'll use yet, I may just take parts I like from different versions as there's things I like and dislike in most versions.

I'd be interested to hear peoples combinations with other mods though. I don't use any other grass mod at the moment so I'll be looking at combining SFO with Grass on Steroids etc to see how they work out.

I have an optimized version of the last version of SFO that works well with GOS if anyone is interested. even for a decent system, the grass textures look good and don't hit the performance that bad. I got a 10 fps boost on my system, with amd 6100fx 4.0 ghz, gtx 760 sc 4gb, and 16 gigs ram.

Not my work, the person that optimized the textures was Ewi an enb and rock texture maker on the nexus. I don't mind sharing though and he shouldn't mind either, just shoot me a message if anyone is interested and I'll upload to mediafire for anyone that wants to download.

I won't publicly host the files though, that would be disrespectful to vurt.

I love Ewi's stuff. 

Is that SFO version optimized with DDSopt or what are you referring too? I tried yesterday to reduce all SFO regular 1.89 textures by 50% for testing purpose. There was no FPS gain in the most dense areas, only about a 30-50mb vram saving.

Would be great if you can share it dk11!

I use v186 basic with GoS enabled.

I know it is not 100% compatible, but it is compatible enough for my tastes.

It still affect the grass that are used the most, and with the same ini settings, then the few that vurt has added do not stand out like a bad thing. So in general I am happy with what I have.

In general I really like the new flora, they added a diversity I was missing. There where still a few textures I replaced with my own, but overall vurt has done a great job on his latest work!

I've been doing some comparisons. All these are taken with just the official High Res DLC and SFO installed. I don't use an ENB. The only INI setting changed is iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=7 in Skyrim.ini. There are a ton of optional files available but I was only testing the main mods.

Vurt states that certain versions are for ENB and others aren't but I tested them anyway.

187 Basic "Saturated colors for vanilla Skyrim, might not work well with most ENB's"

188b Regular "Not recommended for non-ENB"

189 Regular "For ENB users"

The Reach

Vanilla

Posted Image

179e

Posted Image

180 Summer

Posted Image

181 Basic

Posted Image

181 Summer

Posted Image

182b Regular

Posted Image

184a Regular

Posted Image

185 Basic

Posted Image

186 Basic

Posted Image

187 Basic

Posted Image

188b Regular

Posted Image

189 Regular

Posted Image

The Rift

Vanilla

Posted Image

179e

Posted Image

180 Summer

Posted Image

181 Basic

Posted Image

181 Summer

Posted Image

182b Regular

Posted Image

184a Regular

Posted Image

185 Basic

Posted Image

186 Basic

Posted Image

187 Basic

Posted Image

188b Regular

Posted Image

189 Regular

Posted Image

Falkreath

Tundra

Huh I actually like the summer version in the first compare and  few of the others, less deviation from vanilla. Nice compares though.

i use a version that is totally hacked to pieces :)

im at the point where i just download the mod and updates for the assets, pick and choose which i want, and use my own plugin.

I use:

a mixture of some vanilla grass textures and some of vurt's grass textures, in most regions other than the Reach. For the Reach I use only vurt grasses, from 181/183 -- desaturated with slight hue/contrast adjustment.

all of vurt's grass meshes

all of vurt's pine/aspen textures

all of vurt's plants textures, other than the mountain flowers and most other textures that conflict with Hybrid's

vurt's tamriel tree lod -- tweaked brightness, contrast, saturation (adapted for solstheim tree lod, as well)

none of vurt's landscape textures

that's all i can think of right now

I agree. This mod is quite a beast now. That is why I am interested in creating a comprehensive installer with all of the most polished and compatible options. It requires either a community consensus or' date=' even better, direction from Vurt.[/quote']

Based on the way vurt manages his file section and the shear amount of updates to this mod, he may not be the best choice to direct anything. :p

His scatter brain nature with files helps him put out high volume of content, but maybe someone else should put an installer together.

• 4 weeks later...

redoing the pine trees from scratch (both meshes and textures), i've started with the snowy pines. Really don't like how scrawny the default ones are..

Posted Image

Far from finished though.. Not sure about size (or if i can get LOD generation to work).