Skyrim Flora Overhaul (by vurt)

JudgmentJay

First try to reduce the density (increase the value) via the iMinGrassSize parameter in the skyrim.ini under GRASS. This can provide really huge boosts to FPS.

I will do that, thanks! EDIT: D'oh, it even suggests that in the SFO images. Sorry, I just read the front :(

@ torminater 

I'm almost certain VRAM is the problem, yes. It just seems that the extra grass + extra textures is too much. I hope to upgrade soonish; my rig was pretty beefy a few years ago but it's showing its age, alas :( lol

@Vurt: Thanks. Those latest tree pics look amazing! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The fieldgrass texture is surprisingly small and looks repetitive. Fortunately not many places have a lot of these textures without plants on them. However as you can see in the screenshots below, i found them to be distracting around Riverwood.

For STEP Core i suggest hiding textures\landscape\fieldgrass02.dds and fieldgrass02_n.dds

If you followed the STEP installation order it will then use the Skyrim Realistic Overhaul. I prefer this one. You can disable these as well to use the Serious HD Retexture Skyrim textures which include the flowers in Flora Overhaul but the texture is much larger, looking less repetitive. Especially the 'line' of flowers in Flora Overhaul is distracting, while i also find the dark patches in Serious HD distracting. I do like the little flowers though.

See for a comparison:

Skyrim Flora Overhaul

Posted Image

Skyrim Realistic Overhaul

Posted Image

Serious HD Retexture Skyrim

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

Open a file in Xnview or other image viewer, right click -> properties and tell us :)

I know that it varies from 1k to 4k.

Ok. Thanks. I didn't know how to do that before. I'm asking because I recently tried overwriting this mod with Unique Grasses (2k version) and my fps tanked so I had to uninstall it.