Skyrim Flora Overhaul (by vurt)

JudgmentJay

It's a bit of a drag to tweak regular and basic for ENB's, it also scares people away when there's a ton of files to browse / read through.

I find that it works quite well for ENB if you decide against the really oversaturated and not so lore friendly ones. I'm using QuietCool and it works quite well. It's also so easy to tweak ENB yourself these days with the now built-in menu..

Which ENBs do you consider to be oversaturated? Would Project ENB - cinematic version fit in that category? It's kind of saturated but I'm not sure what you consider "over saturated." 

That will depend completetly on which type of pine it is and how heavy the branches are (and probably other factors). Usually the lower branches are bent down because they are large and heavy and the upper branches points up because they're smaller and less heavy.

Firs usually tend to point up a bit at the ends of the branches, and spruce tend to not (but all upper branches tend to reach up to some degree, regardless of species). Norway spruce for example is like the weeping willow of conifers, and the Douglas-fir is more perky (even though it is not a true fir). Spruce cones also hang whereas fir cones point upwards (as with almost everything in biology, there may be some exceptions).

Anxious to see the new stuff. I am liking 187 Basic quite a bit, and I am pretty far behind on this mod now ... just tested a run through of STEP with 187 though, and liking it a lot.

@Vurt

... still waiting for you to pick through your mods and identify the best of the best for nice neat packaging or an installer with all viable options ... there is sooo much to choose from and so many variations that have good stuff with not so good. You are the best judge of what looks best in vanilla Skyrim background from a strictly aesthetic POV. ;)

Maybe create an article on your Nexus mod asking for user input and screens?

Totally understand ... how about a list of suggested picks then? Or maybe just include as "Main Files" your comprehensive, all-in-one packages (your 'final', prepackaged, recommended, comprehensive single-install picks like Basic and Regular with your preferred options at the time) with all other viable and complementary options under "Optional Files" ... and old versions obviously under that heading (as well as outdated optional 3rd-party stuff like the LODs I created). "Updated Files" could be your own experimental, beta material that is not yet final.

This would simplify user choice drastically.

We all just want to know what you are (or would be) picking for yourself if you were playing :yes:

I love the latest screen! (Kinda dislike the color but that can always be fixed! :) ) I like the varity that some point up and down, but in a manner that really just works! Quite full of life those trees!

Guess in a perfect world then the less sparse and dead trees would be a perfect addition, so there is a bit of variation when viewing the forest lines! But I understand that this would require quite a bit of world space and LOD editing which is a chore! :(

@ z929669: i guess i should clean up the page from stuff that i no longer support or even suggest haha, it's a real mess. i really dont know myself what to pick because there's so much stuff, for example there's some LOD update, no idea if its really needed any longer.. i'll take a look at it eventually.

@ Aiyen yes, some more dead trees would be nice to make it look like a proper forest and not a garden, Bethesda really used the dead pines way too sparingly unforunately.. haven't tried placing trees and generating LOD's for them, but i guess it's very buggy like always..

Any chance of baby trees? Would be nice to some smaller stuff, especially in the aspen trees. They are pretty much all the same size.

Fun fact: aspens are actually one plant that grow out of the roots of other aspens. They are some of the largest life forms on the planet.