Skyrim Flora Overhaul (by vurt)

JudgmentJay

The spirals are slightly less distinctive, but still visible. Human eye is, unfortunately, very good at picking up patterns.

Perhaps there should be more snow nearer to the trunk to normalize the dark/light pattern? Otherwise it's essentially the same diamond/spiral pattern.

kind of how it would appear in nature though (watched a ton of reference photos). e.g https://snow-pictures.com/mountain-snowfall/snow6.jpg

Against the trunk there isnt any snow so that part will be dark, the outer part are sometimes also free from any snow too, depends a bit on how bent that part is. I could make them completely white but then they would lack any definition and it would not look very natural i think.. might mix in some trees with a different texture though to mix it up a bit.

Edit: hmm might try adding some random vertex coloring, that might break up the "pattern" a bit so it looks more like the reference pic above.

edit: works alright, tested on 1 pine and replaced all other with the same .nif: https://piclair.com/data/b31mz.jpg

It's a bit of a drag to tweak regular and basic for ENB's, it also scares people away when there's a ton of files to browse / read through.

I find that it works quite well for ENB if you decide against the really oversaturated and not so lore friendly ones. I'm using QuietCool and it works quite well. It's also so easy to tweak ENB yourself these days with the now built-in menu..