STEP v2.2.9 Official Bug Reports

EssArrBee

Well, you can have multiple people contribute to the master and their desktop gtihub app will sync automatically with the master. If you aren't one of those people then you have to fork it off and do your own while making pull requests to add your changes. It works really well for code since it parses the lines of code and combines the changes.

If someone can make patches that are up to my standard, then I will definitely add them to the project so they don't have to fork from the master. No one has actually done that yet, so they need to fork from the master and submit a pull request that I can review. There is a way to keep your fork synced with the git shell, but I couldn't figure it out because I was being lazy.

The easiest solution is to install TortoiseGit. With this installed, you can right click the repository folder in Windows Explorer, select Git Sync from the context menu, click Pull in the dialog that pops up, and then close the dialog. Sending a pull request is just as easy with TortoiseGit, but you need to commit your changes to the local repository (right click on the folder and click Commit) before sending the pull request.

The one caveat is the TortoiseGit needs MSysGit installed.

For anyone that isn't too familiar with Git just use the GitHub application.

Yes it isn't as advanced as using console commands but for the average user it is the easiest thing to use.

On my last two projects we had numerous contributors both with full and limited access pushing commits. Nothing is irrevocably changed as all commits can be wound back if needed.

GitHub, for all their faults, have actually made a serviceable application that takes the esoteric nature of git shell and it's console commands away from the new user.

I hate to bring up the VSync issue again, but if you "remove" the settings from both .ini it doesn't quite work.

I had to enforce it in skyrim.ini for the game to work again.

Used the recomended settings, started a new game and my character was STUCK in the dead body by the chopping block in the intro sequence.

If you can test it...

Maybe ENB looks for it in the .ini :/

I just checked, and iPresentInterval is not needed in either INI for the opening sequence to work correctly. Are you sure that you did not change anything else?

Try this:

1. Load a new game and verify that your current config works through the opening.
  2. Remove iPresentInterval lines from the INIs where they exist (should only exist in skyrimprefs.ini).
  3. Load a new game and repeat step 1
  4. Two outcomes possible:
    1. If it works fine, done.
    2. If it does not work fine, add iPresentInterval=1 into your SkyrimPrefs.ini under [Display]
  5. Repeat step 1 and verify it works again (this confirms that iPresentInterval is a contributing cause).

Not really a bug, but... On the STEP guide, at the section ''1.D.1 Skyrim INI'', it says the following:

[Display]
;Improves shadow changes as the sun moves through the sky
fSunShadowUpdateTime=0.25  ;Transition time of sun-shadow movement
fSunUpdateThreshold=1.5  ;Time between sun-shadow movement
iPresentInterval = 0/1  ;this setting should not be in this location! If it is, DELETE it! - vsync should be handled in enblocal.ini (see ENBoost mod instructions)

It's missing the name and value on the first item on the list.

Not really a bug, but... On the STEP guide, at the section ''1.D.1 Skyrim INI'', it says the following:

[Display]

;Improves shadow changes as the sun moves through the sky

fSunShadowUpdateTime=0.25  ;Transition time of sun-shadow movement

fSunUpdateThreshold=1.5  ;Time between sun-shadow movement

iPresentInterval = 0/1  ;this setting should not be in this location! If it is, DELETE it! - vsync should be handled in enblocal.ini (see ENBoost mod instructions)

It's missing the name and value on the first item on the list.

That is just a description of what the combined settings affect. There is no missing value ... it is commented so that users can copy/paste with the notation in their INI

- deleted -

I now have two other questions. I downloaded the texture pack which is provided in the STEP page on Nexus.

1) Where should I put it in MO?

2) If I have that pack, do I still need Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized? If yes, do I load it before or after the STEP's own optimized texture pack?

Edited by Judassem

z929669, I congratulate you for your perseverance in uploading the fixed texture pack. Looked like a painful ordeal from the outside looking in. Thank you for fixing that for us. I have the same questions about placement as Judassem. I currently have it placed just after Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized with the few files hidden that conflict with the Unofficial Skyrim Patch. But I forgot to take into account the Unofficial High Resolution Patch. Again thank you for all the trouble.

Edited by walterAgator