STEP v2.2.9 Official Bug Reports

EssArrBee

My guess is that any future updates will not change the installer, and I would wager that it is stable enough now at 3.6.

The patch should get updated I would guess. Need to check if EBT plugin is a master for the STEP patch.

EDIT: Extended Patch does not require any of the EBT plugins, and the Patch instructions do not mention any EBT plugins, so the current patches seem unaffected by the EBT update.

>>EXTENDED PATCH USERS: The following patches are no longer needed if using the STEP Extended Patch.

Realistic Ragdolls and Force is now merged into the STEP Patches, so no need to install it in Section 2.D. Fixes.

Disease Descriptions is now merged into the STEP Patches, so no need to install it in Section 2.J. Animations & Effects.

No Spinning Death Animation is now merged into the STEP Patches, so no need to install it in Section 2.E. Interface.

No NPC Greetings is now merged into the STEP Patches, so no need to install it in Section 2.M Gamplay.

Disable all plugins from Static Mesh Improvement Mod that are installed by the FOMOD or BAIN Wizard.

SMIM-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp

SMIM-DragonbornTernFix.esp

SMIM-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.esp

SMIM-ShackRoofFixes.esp

SMIM-ShackRoofFixesDragonborn.esp

Do not download or install.

CCO_WAFTrueWeapons_Patch.esp

dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-NECPatch.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-AMBSkyforgePatch.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-TheChoiceIsYoursPatch.esp

EnhancedBlood-ImprovedCombatSounds.esp

AOS2_RealisticWaterTwo Patch.esp

AOS2_WAF Patch.esp

AOS2_GDO Patch.esp

AOS2_EBT Patch.esp

AOS2_WetandCold Patch.esp

I'm installing mods according to STEP Core instructions. I noticed that SMIM-plugins are adviced to be disabled, and five .esp are mentioned which need to be disabled. But there is sixth plugin with SMIM which is not mentioned. Should that be disabled too?

The sixth file is SMIM-FarmhouseFlickeringFix.esp.

Additional feedback:

1. Advice for the "Enhanced HD Dragon Bones" mod suggests the following: "STEP recommends the "No flesh" option.". This is slightly confusing: When you go to the Nexus site (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28741) and look at files, you can see a list of different file options. The only "No flesh" alternative is this file: "Enhanced HD Dragon Bones 4k v1_6 opt NO flesh" - which is 4096x4096 (probably too much for my system). I initially downloaded that, since I thought that was the recommended version. But probably the right version is "Enhanced HD Dragon Bones 1k v1_6a all options", that is, the first file in the page, and then select the no flesh from the installer? I think it would best to clarify this a bit.

2. One mod listed in STEP is called "Enchanting Candle Meshes Improved". But actually the real name of the mod is a little different, it is "LeanWolfs Improved Enchanter Candle Meshes".

3. Footprints mod suggestion has a small typo, it says "optinal" instead of "optional".

Edited by Catnose

>>EXTENDED PATCH USERS: The following patches are no longer needed if using the STEP Extended Patch.

/snip ...

BetterQuestObjectives-TheChoiceIsYoursPatch.esp

EnhancedBlood-ImprovedCombatSounds.esp

AOS2_RealisticWaterTwo Patch.esp

.... snip/

Yes, I saw that, but assumed it was from Improved Combat Sounds.

1. Set Wait for Vertical Refresh to "Always off" (Recall that vsync should be running via ENBoost's enblocal.ini!)

Just an observation:

I know this is for AMD only, but if you force off VSync on NVIDIA Inspector or Control Panel, enb's vsync won't work.

Discovered this after setting AMD setting on NVIDIA Inspector. (DUH me ! haha)

1. Set Wait for Vertical Refresh to "Always off" (Recall that vsync should be running via ENBoost's enblocal.ini!)

Just an observation:

I know this is for AMD only, but if you force off VSync on NVIDIA Inspector or Control Panel, enb's vsync won't work.

Discovered this after setting AMD setting on NVIDIA Inspector. (DUH me ! haha)

I cannot verify (AMD user here) that NVIDIA Inspector vsync settings have any influence on ENB vsync. (what is Control Panel?)

Can anyone corroborate that this is the case?

How do you know that ENB vsync is not working?

If you set it to always off then it is going to remove any form of vsync because it is a wrapper. IDK if there is a difference in the way the injector and wrapper versions and how they are handled but I am going to assume that they are.

If you leave it on application controlled and if you have it turned on via enblocal then it should only use the enb version

I think someone else that also had nVidia had an issues where if it was set to always off it would disable the effect.

Yes, I am also an amd user but I remember this being something that happens but my memory is with AA and AF, not Vsync at this point.

I could also be crazy but I am positive that it was a thing at some point but lately I have not tried it.

Edited by hishutup

Details of behavior for AMD users are well covered in the STEP guide, including the AA and AF behavior (I tested ENBoost extensively under AMD CCC and wrote those instructions), but I never had much input from Nvidia users, so now is better than never ...

... details?

Vsync is more of a case by case scenario if you ask me. For instance, I have to be very careful about vsync and frame rate limiters with my monitor. It's an IPS panel and it does not agree with some of the settings. I mainly leave all that on default and I'm good to go.

iPresentInterval should be left on though. Most tend to agree that the game engine and certain aspects of the game need it. We're currently telling users to turn it off and use vsync in ENBoost. Both can be enabled without issue and leaving iPresentInterval turned on could negate some future issues.