STEP v2.2.9 Official Bug Reports

EssArrBee

Oh, so if I'm using an ENB like Serenity, I let the ENB handle the AF? I'm sorry. I thought what we said yesterday was backwards. I must have misunderstood. 

I just went back to the guide. Tech, you made it very clear this time. Thank you.

Usually when using an ENB I let the ENB handle everything.

When using a full ENB, the ENB should handle AF as it has some special code to ignore textures that shouldn't be (according to Boris) filtered.

Quest "Met by Moonlight".

After I take the side of Sinding and kill all the hunters, Sinding attacks me, so I have to kill him. The quest can be finished, but there is no alternative finish in this case.

P.S. it can be, that I have accidentally hit the werewolf with my shock magic, as I targeted one of the hunters. Just don't know, if Sinding's AI allows such little mistakes.

TES5Edit conflict reviewing and editing an entire STEP Extended mod list plus extra custom mods on top of that is a VERY very tedious process...  OK, so I've been making my own custom plugin patch for myself that I will run on top of every other plugin, in order to resolve all remaining conflicts that other people's patches don't.  While doing this, I noticed a number of errors in the STEP Extended Patch.  When I am all done, I will point them out.  Unfortunately, I'm not done yet...  BOOoooring.  Maybe tomorrow I'll be done (GOD, I hope so).

I have finally gotten around to removing the mods from the Guide. The mods which were removed are:

• Unknown Enchants
  • Skill Interface
  • Mystery Modders Shines HD
  • Realistic Mushrooms
  • Telvanni Reborn

If anyone knows of any good replacements, please post a link to the STEP thread. If a thread doesn't exist, please create one but be sure you search first. We don't need redundant threads.

There's another link to Telvanni Reborn, though. Neovalen's guide points to it. 

We're aware; however, there is no proof that the author made that page himself. Without that proof, we will not be pointing to the link for STEP because we honor all author's wishes. The author clearly wanted his textures taken down and removed from Nexus as he went as far as having his account removed.

Not sure if this is a "bug" by definition or if it's more of a suggestion from a very new forum member, also unsure if it's been mentioned before, but I'll shoot it your way anyway.

After I get STEP:Core all installed, outside of a few additional preferential mods, the only two things I have no choice but to change is adding this tweak: 

• SkyrimPrefs.ini:
  • [Display]
  • fShadowBiasScale=0.75

The default on Ultra(at least for me) is:

• [Display]
  • fShadowBiasScale=0.15

And with the default, there is a horrid amount of Exterior Shadow Striping with no lighting mods installed. The possibilities between 0.15 and 0.75 do not suppress the striping, seems to hit the sweet spot of suppression and performance at 0.75. 

This ini tweak does not fix the Interior Shadow Striping, and it is even worse than Exterior, inconveniently I'm unaware of the proper .ini tweak to fix it. So I always resort to this mod:

There is another variant by another author of this mod that fixes the exterior striping as well as the interior, but I've found that it interferes/conflicts with the USKP so I just combine the ini tweak for exterior and the aforementioned mod for interior, and even with my sub par system, I get great results and an insignificant performance hit.

With that said, could these two alterations be added to section 1.D.2. and section 2.D. respectively? Or maybe just the .ini tweak for exterior and a proper .ini tweak for interior shadow striping to section 1.D.2?

Again, if I'm out of line for putting this here, or if it's a shortcoming of my hardware, please do tell.

Edited by Vexzarium

Well the only real way to fix it is to increase the quality of your shadows as well as the distances. However most of us use ENB to deal with Skyrim's awful shadows since they really are just horrible.

Try using these settings for your shadows edit them in your SkyrimPrefs.ini through MO since that's what you should be using. We may look at adding in some tweaks or maybe simply enabling just the shadows fix portions of the graphics in ENBoost. But no not really a bug expect one with Skyrim itself.

iBlurDeferredShadowMask = 3
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary = 2048
iShadowMapResolutionSecondary = 1024
iShadowSplitCount = 2
fShadowLODStartFade = 200.0000
bShadowMaskZPrepass = 0
fShadowBiasScale = 0.1500
iShadowMaskQuarter = 4
iShadowMode = 3