STEP v2.2.9 Official Bug Reports

EssArrBee

Thanks for the info and almost instant replies!  The more I know, the less chance of being blind-sided!

STEP is the single greatest resource I've found regarding modding Skyrim.  Kudos to all involved!

I personally would like to see the missing mods on the STEP list remain as it does allow searching for mods that otherwise would remain unknown to many of us (I'm talking specifically about noobs like me).  I've actually done some searches for Skyrim Realistic Overhaul ONLY because I knew it existed after combing through the STEP mod list.  Torrents scare the cr** out of me, and I was able to find SRO on a MediaFire downloaded from the torrent and put up in 200 meg 7zip packets (virus free according to AVG).  I'll post the link if requested so others wanting to avoid torrents can get their download managers busy.

Still no luck in finding those ellusive Mushrooms.

Keep up the good work, and thanks from me!

Thanks for the info and almost instant replies!  The more I know, the less chance of being blind-sided!

STEP is the single greatest resource I've found regarding modding Skyrim.  Kudos to all involved!

I personally would like to see the missing mods on the STEP list remain as it does allow searching for mods that otherwise would remain unknown to many of us (I'm talking specifically about noobs like me).  I've actually done some searches for Skyrim Realistic Overhaul ONLY because I knew it existed after combing through the STEP mod list.  Torrents scare the cr** out of me, and I was able to find SRO on a MediaFire downloaded from the torrent and put up in 200 meg 7zip packets (virus free according to AVG).  I'll post the link if requested so others wanting to avoid torrents can get their download managers busy.

Still no luck in finding those ellusive Mushrooms.

Keep up the good work, and thanks from me!

Don't be scared of that particular torrent. We may or may not be the ones that uploaded it.  :;):

SRO at 200 Megs seems incredibly small. The torrent is like 3 GB if I remember correctly.

200 meg packets x 10 on Media Fire.  I've assembled the thing and it turns out to be SRO + DG v1.6 Optimal (1K-2K).  I probably should get over my fear of torrents - maybe I'll turn over my obsolete XP machine to such tasks and keep my new gaming laptop (MSI GT72 Dominator) dedicated to gaming and vector graphic work.

Of course since the nexus page for SRO no longer exists, it looks like I'll have some detective work ahead in installing what I've downloaded.  Should be worth the effort!

I loathe torrents as well, worry not. What I did with that one Torrent was grab it ONCE, remove all the torrent client crap and keep the downloaded archive in a nice safe place in a thumb drive.

That's after I gave my computer a through disinfection, ebola check and detox shower...

Hmm, that should be corrected. The image is wrong and I will update it this week sometime. It doesn't matter much though. I got 1-2 FPS boost in several trials under both settings. AMD drivers delivered identical quality with a slight gain in performance on my setup. That is only suggestive in relation to other setups.

Hmm, that should be corrected. The image is wrong and I will update it this week sometime. It doesn't matter much though. I got 1-2 FPS boost in several trials under both settings. AMD drivers delivered identical quality with a slight gain in performance on my setup. That is only suggestive in relation to other setups.

Doesn't that double the AF generated? Because ENBoost has AF feature too. Should I disable that? I need to go re-read the ENB guide so I'm sorry if this is redundant. 

EDIT: 

1 Using the graphics drivers AF provides a slight frame-rate gain over using ENB with no difference in quality.

Found that. Sorry. Just the picture is wrong then. Just letting you know.
Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

Yes, we suggest disabling AF in ENB (for AMD cards only) and using the AMD CCC driver to implement.

If anyone would not mind testing using driver AF versus ENB AF (mutually exclusively) and post back if you see (or do not see) a marginal FPS increase either way, that would be much appreciated ;)

Part of the enb guide which covers individual values still says to keep force anisotropic=true or whatever it is.

That is for ENB users, not STEP users. STEP does not use ENB, only ENBoost. The ENBoost section says to specifically disable AF in enblocal.ini and use the drivers instead, thus it lines up perfectly with STEP.

EDIT:

I've done some changes to the ENB Guide today because some of the info didn't make sense where it was presented. I'll read over the entirety of the Guide later today and fix anything I feel needs correcting since alt3rn1ty's edits.

@Z,

The ENBoost section of the ENB Guide has been specifically set up to match STEP. It simply goes into more detail about the parameters and their values.