Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

If you guys are having issues with MO and it is for sure MO specific, you need to be reporting them to Tannin on his bug tracker so maybe they can get fixed. Also, additional features can be requested such as a possible Nitpick-FNV fix integrated into MO (if that's even a possible thing to do..Tannin might know).

EDIT: I guess if you want to use different bashed patches for different profiles you just copy the bashed patch, 0.esp and rename to bashed patch, 1.esp and then in [profile 1] you enable bashed patch, 0.esp, and then in [profile 2] you enable bashed patch, 1.esp... and so on.  I guess that is what EssArrBee is saying about how to use different bashed patches for different profiles.

EDIT2 - I need to clarify a poorly described situation that I just erased from the top of this message: I tried to make the bashed patch into a mod. For me it will work after a bashed patch is rebuilt - to run a bashed patch in MO in it's own mod folder, BUT... now WF does not seem to allow me to rebuild a bashed patch that has been taken out of the overwrite folder and placed into it's own mod folder. It used to though.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

If you guys are having issues with MO and it is for sure MO specific, you need to be reporting them to Tannin on his bug tracker so maybe they can get fixed. Also, additional features can be requested such as a possible Nitpick-FNV fix integrated into MO (if that's even a possible thing to do..Tannin might know).

I am going to do that and also report it to Queue, NVAC and SSME author, who seems really smart. He doesn't even own Skyrim and made SSME, so I'm guessing he knows his stuff.

EDIT: I guess if you want to use different bashed patches for different profiles you just copy the bashed patch, 0.esp and rename to bashed patch, 1.esp and then in [profile 1] you enable bashed patch, 0.esp, and then in [profile 2] you enable bashed patch, 1.esp... and so on.  I guess that is what EssArrBee is saying about how to use different bashed patches for different profiles.

EDIT2 - I need to clarify a poorly described situation that I just erased from the top of this message: I tried to make the bashed patch into a mod. For me it will work after a bashed patch is rebuilt - to run a bashed patch in MO in it's own mod folder, BUT... now WF does not seem to allow me to rebuild a bashed patch that has been taken out of the overwrite folder and placed into it's own mod folder. It used to though.

This is known in the latest MO. Basically, what happens is when you save changes made to a new plugin MO is stealing that plugin and putting it at the end of the load order and the program is not seeing this theft and thinks the plugin is gone. It is not, and when you close the program it is there at the end of the load order and unticked. This is a new bug, but not a game breaking one. THe worse part is that with plugins changed by FNVEdit go to the end of the list and you have to resort with BOSS.

When you run WB just close it and tick the Bashed Patch and everything will be fine. You can even see the time the file was edited in the hover text.

I am not sure, but since you are looking for INI tweaks and I did not see (probably overlooked) this one in your guide, I thought to mention it here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/46302/?

Fallout New Vegas Optimized is coming with a bunch of premade, tested INI-files and a very good readme. It was not updated since 2013 but to me it seems a good starting point for tweaks anyway, + the rig the INI-files were tested on would count nowadays as average/midrange but I reckon that is what most uf us average ppl play on.

Edited by Soire

So last night I read that there was a bug in MO 1.2.5. Anything in the 0 priority of the left pane will overwrite everything else. The fix is super simple, just put something in the first spot that is either a dummy mod or just a plugin. If you have your Bashed Patch set up as a mod, then move your bashed patch to the top and since it is just a plugin it will not overwrite any textures or anything else.

This mod seems useful to me, though I did not test it yet. Fixes how Couriers Stash is distributed ingame.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44171/?

I used to have that mod in so you could select a POP at start and went with the Courier's Stash Integration mod instead. If moves the unique pack weapons to the leveled lists so they aren't automatic when used. 

Less than an hour ago a new version of MO came out - 1.2.6.  There's no changelog for it yet, but hopefully it fixes the 1st-file-in-the-list-overwrites-all issue that you previously mentioned.

When I opened MO today a message regarding same popped up (you might open MO if you haven't already). Now I just need Nexus server availability (a rare commodity these days) to use the built in update feature.

MO Organizer never informs me within the program that there is an update available.  I have to manually go to the website to check.  I just happened to check within an hour and saw it.  What you do have to do to get the internal update check to function - to check for new MO updates?

MO Organizer never informs me within the program that there is an update available.  I have to manually go to the website to check.  I just happened to check within an hour and saw it.  What you do have to do to get the internal update check to function - to check for new MO updates?

I don't know, but I'll find out if you can tell me what I have to do to get connection to Nexus servers.