Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I think it only works for the SKyrim version because you sign into the Skyrim nexus with that version and it sees that it is released on that site. FNV nexus doesn't get a release so it doesn't see the update. I could be wrong, but that is my best guess.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone that might fancy some TTW or just some regular ole capital wasteland exploring that Fallout 3 GOTY is only $5 bucks. My plans are to eventually do a TTW version of F&L, but I say a lot of things that never happen. Stupid dimension of time, why are you so fast?

I think it only works for the SKyrim version because you sign into the Skyrim nexus with that version and it sees that it is released on that site. FNV nexus doesn't get a release so it doesn't see the update. I could be wrong, but that is my best guess.Anyway, just wanted to let everyone that might fancy some TTW or just some regular ole capital wasteland exploring that Fallout 3 GOTY is only $5 bucks. My plans are to eventually do a TTW version of F&L, but I say a lot of things that never happen. Stupid dimension of time, why are you so fast?

I've been waiting to play TTW and recently picked it up on steam. Would love a guide on it even just a minor one for now. The only reason I haven't gotten around to it is because I don't want to play vanilla

MO Organizer never informs me within the program that there is an update available.  I have to manually go to the website to check.  I just happened to check within an hour and saw it.  What you do have to do to get the internal update check to function - to check for new MO updates?

Right-click on any mod in the left pane select 'All Mods' then select 'Check all for updates'. It will apply a filter to any mod that it finds has an update. (I'm using 1.2.5)

Right-click on any mod in the left pane select 'All Mods' then select 'Check all for updates'. It will apply a filter to any mod that it finds has an update. (I'm using 1.2.5)

I believe that he was referring to the MO update button in the top right corner, but that is a good suggestion. I should start using that more instead of clicking my tracking list 50 times a day.

I think it only works for the SKyrim version because you sign into the Skyrim nexus with that version and it sees that it is released on that site. FNV nexus doesn't get a release so it doesn't see the update. I could be wrong, but that is my best guess.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone that might fancy some TTW or just some regular ole capital wasteland exploring that Fallout 3 GOTY is only $5 bucks. My plans are to eventually do a TTW version of F&L, but I say a lot of things that never happen. Stupid dimension of time, why are you so fast?

Okay, you got me, take my money.

Thanks for the tip, $5 GOTY not a bad deal at all. Now I have to research TTW a bit more seriously.

& in other news I am able to DL from Nexus again so that's running, along with FO3GOTY from Steam and TTW from their site. How 'bout that information super highway.

Edited by redirishlord

Really liking the what I'm reading about TTW, I think Imma need to troubleshoot using this with F&L. I see there is an official patch that incorporates YUP, and active Nevada Skies support with a dedicated plugin in 'Skies main download. Also a PN compatibility patch, I see an EVE WIP patch that alludes to potential WMX support.

Edited by redirishlord

We should make a new thread for F&LNV/TTW convergence.

Definitely. I think I'm likely to start a TTW playthrough now that I've got MO for FNV sorted, and I probably won't want to go back to "just" FNV. That is assuming my F&L assets work as expected, which I'll report to the TTW thread.

So, I went and tested the new ADAM Complete installer, and this is what I got.

1. Test that all files are installed when choosing the different versions.

• Complete install with PN patch installed both ADAM Complete.esp and ADAM Complete - Project Nevada Patch.esp.
  • Unfortunately several custom installs, where PN patch was chosen to be installed as well, showed that no esp for PN was actually installed.

2. Test that the correct questions are asked during install:

• For both complete and custom install, the correct options was given in the order that you described.

3. Make sure the bug fix has been made to the Complete PN patch. When putting on the Prototype Riot Helmet and crouching the blue tinted vision should NOT show up.

• With the complete option installed the blue nightvision/cateye tint did not appear when crouching.
  • ​With the custom install the blue tint did appear, but whether this was due to the missing PN patch or was expected from you, based on the above, I don't know.

4. Make sure that prototype riot armor is now on a shelf in the Helios One Workshop and not under the floor. Shelf is above computer where the helmet is found and armor is on top of it. Check both ADAM Complete.esp and ADAM - Nemesis.esp.

• Checked this for both the complete and custom install. Both spawned the prototype riot armor on the shelf above the computer. I actually believed that the only way to get the prototype riot armor was to create it at a workbench using the Prototype Riot Helmet. Was the armor always supposed to appear in the workshop or did you add it yourself?

From my testing, the only problem seems to be the custom installer not installing the PN patch, and maybe therefore not fixing the Prototype Riot Helmet.

By the way, got a little handful of mods I'd like to know your opinion about, but if you feel you've got your hands full of other mods at the moment, I'll post them at another time.