Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Nice, I'm planning on just downloading the full installer for the newest version and then installing it directly on top of my existing installation of version 1.2.1.  I've read that MO updates fine and safely that way (retaining all profile, executables, and mod/plugin settings) - is that true?

The nexus is completely messed up for me right now. If I try to go to any page it's just white.

Anyways, hlp, the guy who took over NVSE development, found out that NVAC's latest version allows you to clean the UDRs and ITMs of Vurt's WFO (the fertile version for sure) without the game crashing at start up. Not sure how many goats you have to sacrifice to conjure up that kind of dark magic, but if you feel like cleaning Vurt's mod of the 4000+ UDRs, go ahead, just remember to backup your plugin when exiting FNVEdit so you can revert if it doesn't work.

The nexus is completely messed up for me right now. If I try to go to any page it's just white.

Anyways, hlp, the guy who took over NVSE development, found out that NVAC's latest version allows you to clean the UDRs and ITMs of Vurt's WFO (the fertile version for sure) without the game crashing at start up. Not sure how many goats you have to sacrifice to conjure up that kind of dark magic, but if you feel like cleaning Vurt's mod of the 4000+ UDRs, go ahead, just remember to backup your plugin when exiting FNVEdit so you can revert if it doesn't work.

I will definitely check that out, once the Nexus regains its faculties. In the meantime I'm, finally, going to switch to MO for my FNV install.

Besides, goats can be hard catch, so cleaning may take a while.

Posted Image

Update: FWIW I'm ab le to download from the FNV corner of the Nexus, haven't checked Skyrim.

Edited by redirishlord
  • +1 1

Okay, I need some help figuring out how to address the new MO v1.2.5 thingy where the DLC is listed in the mods tab. Anyone wanna throw out any ideas?

Actually, I've been putting a lot of time and effort the guide the last two weeks and I've gotten to a point where I don't know what is good. I look at the guide page and know there is lots to do, but my eyes glaze over and my mind goes blank. I know what has to be done, I just don't know how to do it at the moment.

Does it change anything if the DLC is listed in the mods tab?  I guess you just make sure to point out that the DLC should be listed first before any mods, so it gets overwritten.

EDIT: I just installed 1.2.5.  I see what you mean about the DLC.  All I did was re-order it in this order:

FalloutNV

DeadMoney

HonestHearts

OldWorldBlues

LonesomeRoad

GunRunnersArsenal

ClassicPack

MercenaryPack

TribalPack

CaravanPack

Edited by oqhansoloqo

It changes the order they are loaded by adding them to the mod install order. If you want to have the DLC overwrite everything then you can do so now. Putting them first is the what I will instruct everyone to do. What becomes an issue is if you optimize the textures for each thing. Then you list it in order but put the optimized textures between each DLC.

• Fallout - Textures OPT
  • Dead Money
  • Dead Money - Textures OPT
  • Honest Hearts
  • Honest Hearts - Textures OPT
  • Other mods after DLC and Opted textures. That will give you the right file priority.

This is much more an issue for STEP than F&L because the UPPs need to also go between the DLC. We don't have that issue with FNV. The only issue is if you update and all the DLC is at the bottom of the let pane you need to move them up.

The other thing is that FOMM is now only going to be used by 2 mods. I might add WotNM later, but it works manually as well.

EssArrBee - You might want to review the Weapons of the New Millenia mod and the PB-6P9 mod guide instructions - you mentioned v1.1a for WNM when only v1.1 was available.  Now that v1.1a is actually available there on the Nexus I'm not sure, but it sounds like it includes PB-6P9.  So that mod may be unnecessary to install separately.  I'm still in the middle of downloading v1.1a though, so I haven't looked at it yet.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

Yeah, I have the file and not much will change other than the PB-6P9 file will get dropped. They did not listen to my advice to package the mod in any normal manner, so the FOMOD can't be read by MO since it's two layers deep. I don't think they really had time to redo an installer though.

I just made some instruction updates to a bunch of mods. If you are someone that has mods already installed then you only need to reinstall WMX. I had an error in the install instructions that WilliamImm found. Optionally, you can follow the BSA extraction instructions and the mod cleaning instructions if you feel like it. I do recommend extracting the listed in the mods from the changelog because of the 255 character limit bug.

If anyone is using the ADAM Complete plugins I made a while back, I fixed a couple errors in them.

Cleaned the ITMs from the main plugin.

Prototype Riot Armor was under the floor along with the shelf it was supposed to be located on. That is not a problem anywhere.

Updated the Prototype Riot Helmet for the PN patch. I left the Cateye effect on it and it wasn't necessary supposed to be with visor ovelays.

https://copy.com/UklDWh4fghGW

If you aren't using these plugins, then just replace all the ADAM plugins including the PN patch with these two.

I'll probably work on installing your guide this weekend. I've been too busy to do it this past week and didn't have the DLCs until I recently purchased the UE version on the Steam sale. There are a few things I ran into that could use work (an I barely got into the guide) when I first started it last week. Would you mind if I edited the Guide (nothing major. mainly small things like spelling corrections) and left commented out notes for you to view later when I work through it? I'll of course post them here as well, but the notes (commented out so users don't see them) can at as a reminder and a list as you're doing your editing/updating and can easily be deleted when you've viewed/fixed/edited/etc that part of the Guide.

I also just installed MO for use with Fallout NV, and used the guide for the first time over the weekend. I could provide a few small comments if it would be useful; I didn't find any significant problems at all (which is great, of course).

One of the few mods I'd suggest as a possible addition to the guide is the NPC Project. There are mods for four areas, each of which adds some NPCs and small quests to areas that are otherwise fairly uninteresting. As is true with Skyrim, a  number of the NPCs used are in the game file but were not used in the released game itself. The mods are:

NPC Project - 188 Trading Post

NPC Project - Aerotech Office Park

NPC Project - Bitter Springs

NPC Project - Freeside