Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I'm surfing the TTW forum for compatibility issues and combo mods to DL later, I'll hold off spamming my finds until you open a F&L TTW Convergence thread.

Yeah I've got a few issues I've found with it too, though the big ones seems to be Project Nevada and WMX.

So, I went and tested the new ADAM Complete installer, and this is what I got.

1. Test that all files are installed when choosing the different versions.

• Complete install with PN patch installed both ADAM Complete.esp and ADAM Complete - Project Nevada Patch.esp.
  • Unfortunately several custom installs, where PN patch was chosen to be installed as well, showed that no esp for PN was actually installed.

I left out the PN patch for the separate plugins from the installer. Silly me.

2. Test that the correct questions are asked during install:

• For both complete and custom install, the correct options was given in the order that you described.

3. Make sure the bug fix has been made to the Complete PN patch. When putting on the Prototype Riot Helmet and crouching the blue tinted vision should NOT show up.

• With the complete option installed the blue nightvision/cateye tint did not appear when crouching.
  • ​With the custom install the blue tint did appear, but whether this was due to the missing PN patch or was expected from you, based on the above, I don't know.

Blue eye/cateye should only happen with default ADAM riot helmet not the PN version because there are vision modes.

4. Make sure that prototype riot armor is now on a shelf in the Helios One Workshop and not under the floor. Shelf is above computer where the helmet is found and armor is on top of it. Check both ADAM Complete.esp and ADAM - Nemesis.esp.

• Checked this for both the complete and custom install. Both spawned the prototype riot armor on the shelf above the computer. I actually believed that the only way to get the prototype riot armor was to create it at a workbench using the Prototype Riot Helmet. Was the armor always supposed to appear in the workshop or did you add it yourself?

It was always there, but the plugin had it under the floor. If you get the nexus version of the nemesis armor, just use the console to tcl and go right under the floor where the computer is and there is a set of armor and a shelf. I just moved the shelf and armor back up above the floor.

From my testing, the only problem seems to be the custom installer not installing the PN patch, and maybe therefore not fixing the Prototype Riot Helmet.

By the way, got a little handful of mods I'd like to know your opinion about, but if you feel you've got your hands full of other mods at the moment, I'll post them at another time.

Post any mods you feel like suggesting. I can't guarantee I'll test them because I'm all over the place when test, but I go look at everything that gets posted.

Oh, and thank you for testing this thoroughly.

I just went through the entire installation of the guide again. Everything was pretty good with at least one exception I have a question about.

After installing ADAM it gives me 2 esp files: ADAM Complete - Project Nevada Patch.esp and ADAM Complete.esp

When running BOSS it says that it doesn't recognize these 2 esps and so places them at the very end of my load order. I couldn't find anywhere that mentioned BUM rules for these. Am I missing something? Or is this the intended result?

Thanks.

Dropping some F&LNV mods will be necessary due to the plugin limit.

Do you have a hard number for plugin limit, or is it the 255 character bsa asset limit I have to stay under? If its just bsa, then I'll extract those that are stable/unlikely to update and attempt to exercise some moderation.

I believe alternate start does have to go on a new game, as you start in Vault in FO3. However, forum talk indicates your existing saves will work (I don't currently have any I want to try).

I've got bit of reading to do before having the confidence I need to jump into this, so might be the weekend before I have any empirical results to post in the other thread. Could be I use my shiny new MO to have both F&L and F&L/TTW Convergence profiles.

Your welcome. Well, for the suggested mods: 1. A fake fullscreen mod could be advisable, as we all know the stability of Bethesda's games go way up when played in windowed mode.

For this is would recommend OneTweak.

2. Found this other Pip-boy retexture, possibly a more vanilla version retexture, compared to Omnis more dirty/used version, but it could be a matter of taste. I've attached a picture with a comparison between the two:

post-4450-0-20072800-1403814739_thumb.jpg

PipBoy 3000 HD Retexture

3. This mod, I must admit, haven't been tested or used by me as of yet, but I like the concept a lot. It should make the different animals and creatures of the Mojave react to you, so they won't immediately attack you on sight, but won't be passive either if you get close to them. So everything in the Mojave shouldn't try to kill you anymore... but maybe that is how it actually should be? As you live in the vicinity you could be the judge of that. Realistic Wildlife

Ok, now I only have some mod requests left:

Will there eventually be a repair mod included? I know there could possibly be a lot of incompatibilities, but if anyone got a repair mod they could recommend, do so gladly.

Oh, and have anyone so far seen a mod which does something like in Skyrim, where you would get ownership of certain items after doing quests for people, but for NV? I liked the feature a lot, and there are some places in New Vegas where it actually would make sense (for example, why shouldn't you be able to take the Bright Brotherhoods items after helping them escape Earth in Come Fly With Me?). I at least know that it would be possible to do, as you get ownership over the refrigerator in Dusty McBride's ranch after completion of The Screams of Brahmin, so the script is in there somewhere.

Again if anyone know of any mod with that feature, I'd be happy to hear about it.

The plugin limit is a soft 140. At about 135 you will really start having stability issues and around 140 the game will just become an unplayable mess. That is for Gamebryo only since TES games are limited to 255 plugins. The BSA thing seems to be a string issue from the old 16-bit windows days that just never got updated. If you take all the BSA names and put them on one line, then they can not have more that 254 characters total. That is what I've ascertained as the bug.

@MadOak ENBoost has a fake fullscreen that I use with a lot of success. I'm going to add it to the guide eventually, probably sometime this weekend with a small INI tweaks section. It's very easy to setup and you get the memory management of ENBoost, plus AA and AF as well.

Re- limit: I was thinking the bsa character limit was the soft plugin limit, now I understand there are two. I also noticed you included that in your new thread (purdy colors). It may not be an issue with TTW as the number of compatible mods may keep the total down, at least initially. Seems wrong to pair moderation with something inspired by Hunter Thompson, but I'll do my best.

I thought Pipboy 3000 was already in (it was suggested by someone sometine, old thread maybe?), if not it should be, Simple retexture so less compatibility issues than the 2500 or Readius.

+1 to enb fake full screen

I thought Pipboy 3000 was already in (it was suggested by someone sometine, old thread maybe?), if not it should be, Simple retexture so less compatibility issues than the 2500 or Readius.

It was, the Omnis Hi-Res Pip-Boy 3000 is already included in the guide, I only suggested it as some kind of optional choice for those who might want a more vanilla hd texture. And I agree, I've used Readius almost ever because I couldn't stand the sight of the vanilla Pip-boy. But after seeing these two retextures I don't think I'll ever need to use the other pip-boys again.

Even though I already played Fallout 3 and beat it a long time ago and will not be using the TTW guide, cool idea I guess.

About using ENB (even without actually enabling the special graphics features) with the current mod selection.  I tried it before and it did not run well for me - major stuttering with any of the memory "enhancement" features.  If I enabled either of these: ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true, ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true, I would get very noticeable aggravating stuttering in a lot of areas.  And that was even with the more compatible injector version.  After I realized that, I decided to see the difference between mainly using it for fake fullscreen (and disabling pretty much everything else in it) or not using it at all.  It seemed as though I saved a couple FPS from not using it at all, so I just abandoned using the ENB files altogether.  I came to the conclusion that it was somehow conflicting with another more important mod that I had installed.  So I got rid of the less important mod - ENB.  I wonder if it was the FNV4GB mod, but of course, that one is VITAL with a modded setup.

If you can discover and explain a good way of installing ENB with everything else in your guide in a way that actually enhances it and doesn't take away from it (at all), I might use it again.

EDIT: ADAM in the guide.  Should the version say 4.1.1?

Any answer to this?:

I just went through the entire installation of the guide again. Everything was pretty good with at least one exception I have a question about.

After installing ADAM it gives me 2 esp files: ADAM Complete - Project Nevada Patch.esp and ADAM Complete.esp

When running BOSS it says that it doesn't recognize these 2 esps and so places them at the very end of my load order. I couldn't find anywhere that mentioned BUM rules for these. Am I missing something? Or is this the intended result?

Thanks.

ENB/ENBoost will most likely be a separate page and the F&L guide will just have a description of it. The separate page will have all my directions for different setups, ENBoost only, and ENB Profile recommendations. I will try to do that this weekend. I wast get as much F&L done this weekend and then finish STEP 2.2.9. If I put that off any longer then I'm afraid I'll forget about it.

The problem with ENB is that is so based on your system. Using ExpandSystemMemoryX64 does nothing for really modern systems. You have play with it a bunch and I would need your enblocal.ini and system specs.

Any answer to this?:

When running BOSS it says that it doesn't recognize these 2 esps and so places them at the very end of my load order. I couldn't find anywhere that mentioned BUM rules for these. Am I missing something? Or is this the intended result?

Thanks.

I haven't added them. In BUM just put both ADAM Complete behind any ADAM plugin in the list on the right side, use the search by just typing in ADAM - Main.esp. Put the Complete PN Patch right behind the ADAM Complete plugin. I'll also add some ways to bash tag them later. The tags are delev, invent, graphic, and stats for the main plugin. You just click the mod with Wrye Bash go to the box on the bottom right and add the tags before generating the bashed patch. Or, just wait for my instructions to be written.

Technically, I shouldn't be distributing the ADAM complete fomod thingy, but that mod is a mess, so please don't tell people about it. Just let them find it on their own or just link the whole guide and they will see it as they install.

The ADAM installer should be fixed for those people that used the custom install version. Umm, apparently if you don't include a plugin, the fomod can't make one magically. ::P:

Damn non-autonomous fomod installers