Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Hey there! Fantastic to have news to the guide. Just a little thing i notice when i installed Unofficial Patch Plus is that when im do a bashed patch it fails. Don't know if im the only with this problem. Anyway i just uncheck from the left panel in MO and i could create a bashed patch again.

I updated CaliberX, transposed some relevant mods from the Wasteland Edition, which I now consider absorbed again; and added my hand texture tip for roberts (written by boycad). I still think the Holster mod should be removed, since they only fit with about two guns, and one of them looks far too modern for Fallout. That being said, I've not taken the liberty to do that in case someone feels strongly opposed to it. I feel the same way about the Dragonskin Outfit, it could be included in a pack, but for a general improvement of the FNV experience, it's very out of place with the style and aesthetic.

Last night I updated my New Vegas Landscape Overhaul Remastered mod, and fixed a ton of bugs. So, if anyone was using that, I'd recommend the update. Also, if anyone intends to make a mod like that in the future, for the sake of humanity, please do not use that accursed "generate navmesh" button in the worldspace!

It may be time for someone to make a proper holster mod. I always had good luck with the holster and I used it with the Matiba. Only the compensator would stick out, so I just took it off. I'm sure with all the fancy functions from Lutana/JIP that there has to be a way to make a custom holster mod that assigns proper holsters to whatever gun is equipped. We'd need someone to make holsters though. I'm not going to do it, but I could help with the scripting and ideas. 

I keep Dragonskin because it's not distributed unless you use the distribution plugin which I don't like. I was going to move it to a pack, but I never got around to testing armors. Most of Millenia's weapons wouldn't fit the aesthetic either, but we still use them. They are way too modern looking for that Rat Pack era look of the game. Assault weapons with laser sights don't really mesh that well. The fallout world would ask itself, "If we could put a laser sight on a gun, then why not just build a laser gun?" And that's what happened, so you gotta just let some stuff go. The Desert Eagle matches the over-the-top nature of the game, but it should be a different .50 cal gun, probably a revolver. I once shot a .600 revolver when I was teenager. I don't remember who made the gun, but now I think that is the perfect thing for Fallout. It hurt like hell to fire. Also, the same guy had this muzzle load gun that shot .50 cal lead balls. It was insane. That one would be perfect for the FO4 world.

Hey there! Fantastic to have news to the guide. Just a little thing i notice when i installed Unofficial Patch Plus is that when im do a bashed patch it fails. Don't know if im the only with this problem. Anyway i just uncheck from the left panel in MO and i could create a bashed patch again.

What is the error that the bashed patch gives you?

What is the error that the bashed patch gives you?

Loading: 000617BE..GhoulRadHeal..SPEL.CTDA..28..

Error in Unofficial Patch Plus.esp

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "bash\basher.pyo", line 5842, in Execute

File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 21024, in scanLoadMods

File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 8009, in load

File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 6960, in load

File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 7062, in loadData

File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 1958, in __init__

File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 1534, in initRecord

File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 1756, in __init__

File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 1819, in load

File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 1967, in loadData

File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 1563, in loadData

File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 964, in loadData

File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 1285, in loadData

bash.bolt.BoltError: Unknown condition function: 6012

I check on the mod nexus page and according to him is a problem with Wrye Bash.

You'll notice I removed some Millenia's weapons in my pack for that reason (them not meshing well).

PushTheWinButton doesn't seem very fond of making stuff compatible with things he doesn't use, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Bashed Patch issue remains "a problem with Wrye Bash". I'm unsure what to make of it. Had a look at the bosh.pyo file for the specific lines and it looks like all it is trying to do is loading the records. Line 8009 for example, says:

records.load(ins,unpack and (topClass != MobBase))

6960 just defines what the load command does:

elif ins is not None:
    self.loadData(ins, ins.tell()+self.size-recHeaderSize)
Edited by MonoAccipiter
Code box was messed up

What's the protocol on using mods like the new added UP+ for existing full modded playthroughs?

There are some fixes included, which previously were manually merged (Christine Has More Skills / Improved Transportalponder).

Could I now install UP+ and use them simultaneously? Or should I remove the old fixes and rebuild my merge patches?

Or you can simply manually select and install the fixes from UP+ that were not included in the guide previously, then merge them together (Copy general resources should be ticked). At least I did this, since I don't want to go back to sections I've already done. Dammit, I finally reached the end of the guide, there's nothing holding me back (except the new poosh and armor mods EssArrBee has added and my baby girl that severly decreses time spent in front of the PC). Here are the fixes that don't cause any conflicts:

*Ammo Fixes - never tested it, I suspect conflicts with Caliber X;

•Creature Knockback - negligible conflicts with YUP;

•Dead Money - I left it out, already in Yuki Merged;

•Dead Money - I left it out, already in Yuki Merged;

•Empty Sunset Sarsaparilla Bottles - No Float Replacer - conflict free, safe to use;

•Euclid C-Finder NVSE Upgrade - never tested it, I suspect conflicts with WMX;

•Explorer Perk Extended - conflict free, safe to use;

•Explosives Immunity Fix - minor conflicts, safe to override;

•Ferocious Loyalty NVSE Upgrade - conflict free, safe to use;

•Ghoul Rad Tweaks - conflcits with FCO, YUP & PN, some xEdit tweaking is needed;

•Hardcore Needs Stats Fixer - conflict free, safe to use;

•Ignore DT Weapons Fix - conflict free, safe to use;

•Improved Transportalponder - I left it out, already in Yuki Merged;

•Lobotomite Tweaks - conflcits with FCO, YUP, some xEdit tweaking is needed;

•Loyals Detonator Can Detonate Explosives - conflict free, safe to use;

•Old World Blues Perk Sanity - never tested it, I suspect conflicts with PN;

•PAF - Pyromaniac and Plasma Ammo Fix - (surprisingly) conflict free, safe to use;

•Reload Speed Game Start Fix - I left it out, already installed;

•Sneering Imperialist Expanded - conflict free, safe to use;

•Spore Plants - very negligible conflict with YUP regarding spore plant's karma, simply ignore it;

•Thump-Thump Range Fix - never tested it,

•Two-Step Goodbye NVSE - never tested it, actually increase chances of suicide by detonation

•Water Consumed Stat Fix by Asterra - conflict free, safe to use.

I also threw Better Junk Rounds in for good measure, as it is another conflict-free fix and in theory should work well with Ammo Ingredients as Loot.

So, I merged all the tweaks and did some xEdit tweaking to the merged .esp (copying FCO entries over the ones added from the fixes, copying PN and YUP entries over the fixes only in place where it seems reasonable (i.e. feral ghouls level was increased by PN, so I carried it over the new mod)) and I was done in <30 minutes. However, installing the mods in green and yellow only requires no tweaking at all and is 100% safe.

Edited by Majorman

AGH, I'm so tired of people losing their head over this Lutana thing and pulling triggers way before the smoke cleared up. Roy wouldn't let me touch that plugin for my pack, so I doubt he'll let me host it until it's up again.

Wait, why does Book of Steel Compatibility Edition, and now F&L, have retextures for the FO3 Tesla Armor required? Last time I checked, it didn't distribute non-existing content into the Mojave, and the Gannon Family Tesla Armor uses a very different set of textures.

Edited by MonoAccipiter

AGH, I'm so tired of people losing their head over this Lutana thing and pulling triggers way before the smoke cleared up. Roy wouldn't let me touch that plugin for my pack, so I doubt he'll let me host it until it's up again.

Wait, why does Book of Steel Compatibility Edition, and now F&L, have retextures for the FO3 Tesla Armor required? Last time I checked, it didn't distribute non-existing content into the Mojave, and the Gannon Family Tesla Armor uses a very different set of textures.

It always did. It doesn't distribute anything, but if you do use a mod that distributes the FO3 stuff you'll be covered. I might replace it with another retexture anyway, as I don't really like the guys Tesla texture.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62853/?

This doesn't need a plugin either, so I could get rid of the requirement and just recommend it

Edited by darthbdaman

I've been wanting to add some FO3 stuff for a while, but didn't really ever test it till the last time I was playing FNV. Having all three parts won't hurt anything for now. I added that mod because it worked with darth's Book of Water mod and I had another mod that would add Enclave armors as unique items, but for the life of me, can't find out where I put the mod and can't find it on the nexus. I guess that's what happens when you step away for months and files get moved around. :confused: 

I had actually tested a bunch of stuff that I never added. Some Machienzo stuff, a bunch more Yuki gameplay mods, that Betsy mod, King of the Ring, and a player home. Don't know if I'll add all of it though, maybe just the Betsy mod and darth's Yuki gameplay mod since I had most that stuff tested or in the guide already. I can work on the rest later.