Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Does the latest version Tutorial Killer need any patches or does it work with Roleplayers Alternative Start regardless? 

Tutorial Killer v1.3 seems to work with Roleplayers Alternative Start, I have not noticed any compatibility issues.

However it does not disable "The flashing arrow on your compass shows the location of your objective." message. This is easily fixed by opening the esp in xEdit and adding Form ID "00058BEE" to FormID > List TutorialKillerFormList.

Thank you for the Mojave Patch Outpost updates.

I'm thinking about getting rid of the additional Millenia's weapons merge and doing a patch that integrates the weapons into WotNM. Seems pretty simple. Just put all the other guns in the store container and update the WotNM scripts with the additional weapons. 

I'll need someone to test it though, since I'm not really playing FNV right now. My setup is pretty much just a few mods I'm updating in the guide. Also, gotta ask Millenia if it's cool. 

WotNM, and the unmerged mods, uses vanilla scripts, not NVSE ones, so it has a tendency to mess with your saves if you remove the plugins/renumber the IDs while playing. Also doubt you can reach Millenia, I've been trying to do that for over a year, he has yet to reply to that initial PM. Tried Naky too, later on, since I thought I had the ability to make the fabled cancelled update ready to release. No luck there either. Perhaps you'll have more luck than me.

Weijiesen released a new mod called EXE, with effect textures he made for The Frontier. I highly recommend it. Jack is a wizard.  ::):

He has been around a little more since he made a couple FO4 guns, so maybe I'll get lucky. If he gets back to me I'll let you know.

Doesn't need them

Thanks for getting back to me on that. I saw you are removing overlap with Yuki's Gameplay Tweaks and UP+. Will this be soon or is it going to be with 3.0? I doubt using the two mods together is really going to mess stuff up regardless. 

Hey Ess,

I had a question about New Vegas Stutter Remover. The .ini section for that lists "bHookGetTickCount = 1" in the Master section, but that setting is not present in the .ini file for the most recent version.

Is this just a holdover from past versions that had this setting? The only info I could find on the forum was a similar post about the FO3 guide, and Kelmych seemed to think it was just from a past version and could be removed.

Hey Ess,

I had a question about New Vegas Stutter Remover. The .ini section for that lists "bHookGetTickCount = 1" in the Master section, but that setting is not present in the .ini file for the most recent version.

Is this just a holdover from past versions that had this setting? The only info I could find on the forum was a similar post about the FO3 guide, and Kelmych seemed to think it was just from a past version and could be removed.

Pretty sure it's left over. I never bothered to check if the INI ever changed that much. 

Pretty sure it's left over. I never bothered to check if the INI ever changed that much. 

Good stuff, thanks. Just wanted to double-check it wasn't something that needed to be added.

I decided to finally hop on the FNV train. Better late than never, I suppose...besides Fallout 1, FNV is the only Fallout game I haven't really played.

Oh, a couple mod suggestions while I remember. I noticed on the YUP page that Yuki / Sandbox recommend these fixes (not integrated because they require NVSE):

- Explosives Immunity Fix by Sigvaldr

- Water Consumed Stat Fix by Asterra

Not sure if they are of any use for the F&L guide, but I thought I'd mention them all the same.

Edit: Nevermind, I see a couple people have recommended Unofficial Patch Plus. Includes these and more... That's probably the way to go if you want to incorporate more fixes into the guide.

I updated CaliberX, transposed some relevant mods from the Wasteland Edition, which I now consider absorbed again; and added my hand texture tip for roberts (written by boycad). I still think the Holster mod should be removed, since they only fit with about two guns, and one of them looks far too modern for Fallout. That being said, I've not taken the liberty to do that in case someone feels strongly opposed to it. I feel the same way about the Dragonskin Outfit, it could be included in a pack, but for a general improvement of the FNV experience, it's very out of place with the style and aesthetic.

Last night I updated my New Vegas Landscape Overhaul Remastered mod, and fixed a ton of bugs. So, if anyone was using that, I'd recommend the update. Also, if anyone intends to make a mod like that in the future, for the sake of humanity, please do not use that accursed "generate navmesh" button in the worldspace!

What's the protocol on using mods like the new added UP+ for existing full modded playthroughs?

There are some fixes included, which previously were manually merged (Christine Has More Skills / Improved Transportalponder).

Could I now install UP+ and use them simultaneously? Or should I remove the old fixes and rebuild my merge patches?

Same thing for darths YUP Gameplay fixes. Some stuff is overlapping and I don't know if it's gonna f u c k up my current playthrough.

Edited by Gogan

Save the game. Remove the merged mod. Open the game, make a save. Re-merge the mod without the overlapping mods, add UP+, and you're good to go. Probably best to make the clean save in an interior. 

That being said, if they just do the same thing to vanilla records, there is no harm in just adding them on top. They won't change the FORMIDs. If they add something though, do what I said.