Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

The guide needs to be updated now to reflect these changes.  EssArrBee has not actively been updating the guide for a while now.  If someone knowledgeable about these body patches wants to help me to update that guide, it would be very much appreciated.  I think what needs to be done are some testing of these changes and new optional files that cover courier's stash and dead money DLCs.  We need to make sure that there aren't any strange conflicts with other F&L mods that create issues.  Another consideration is possibly an increased plugin count from the current amount.  If someone can please look into this for me, I will then follow your advice and see about updating the guide also.

What also makes this an issue is the fact that the old versions are no longer available, so we don't want someone following the F&L guide to run into issues with the new version of the files.

Anyone?  ... Mikaal?

Hi! My installorder for "Roberts Male Body Underwear Version 3.3", if someone is interested. (niveas suggestion!!!)

1. Roberts New Vegas Main - Underwear 3_3
2. Roberts Courier's Stash DLC Patch 3_3
3. Roberts Dead Money DLC Patch 3_3
4. Roberts Honest Hearts DLC Patch-Underwear 3_3
5. Roberts Lonesome Road DLC Patch 3_3
6. Roberts Old World Blues DLC Patch-Underwear 3_3
7. Roberts Pipboy Fix 3_3
8. Roberts Hairy Patch 3_3 (If you want the body to have more hairs)
9. Roberts Dirty Raiders 3_3 (If you want no tattoos!)

And I DON'T use "New Vegas Redesigned 3", only "Fallout Character Overhaul". NVR3 didn't work for me.

Serious bug, the Glowing One esp from Fallout Character Overhaul is broken (I've managed to see glowing ghouls very bright/all green, a major FPS drop and then CTD) and in Camp Searchlight it will cause 100% CTDs. Put the esp in Optionals and remake the bashed patch to fix it. I will enable it after I'm done with Searchlight and note if it causes problems anywhere else

Also two mods I use outside F&L, nothing major, just making Legion assasins have appropriate equipment for player's level (not Centurion with 18 DT against level 8 player lol) and to make them not attack every 1 day and become highly annoying

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43030/?

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45303/?

Edited by Hackerpcs

Serious bug, the Glowing One esp from Fallout Character Overhaul is broken (I've managed to see glowing ghouls very bright/all green, a major FPS drop and then CTD) and in Camp Searchlight it will cause 100% CTDs. Put the esp in Optionals and remake the bashed patch to fix it. I will enable it after I'm done with Searchlight and note if it causes problems anywhere else

Also two mods I use outside F&L, nothing major, just making Legion assasins have appropriate equipment for player's level (not Centurion with 18 DT against level 8 player lol) and to make them not attack every 1 day and become highly annoying

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43030/?

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45303/?

I got the same problems with it. I recommend disable it.

Another possibility - when you merged mods, did you disable the original files/plugins and only keep the merged mod active?  I'm wondering if you have too many plugins installed.

Yes i did disabled the plugins that were merged. Also counted my plugin as explained on my post ,my  ESP count is 137 which is 3 below the red mark. i also extracted some bsa's in order to be lower in number. None of those things helped with my issue.

Edited by Ezequiel18

Hi! My installorder for "Roberts Male Body Underwear Version 3.3", if someone is interested. (niveas suggestion!!!)

1. Roberts New Vegas Main - Underwear 3_3

2. Roberts Courier's Stash DLC Patch 3_3

3. Roberts Dead Money DLC Patch 3_3

4. Roberts Honest Hearts DLC Patch-Underwear 3_3

5. Roberts Lonesome Road DLC Patch 3_3

6. Roberts Old World Blues DLC Patch-Underwear 3_3

7. Roberts Pipboy Fix 3_3

8. Roberts Hairy Patch 3_3 (If you want the body to have more hairs)

9. Roberts Dirty Raiders 3_3 (If you want no tattoos!)

And I DON'T use "New Vegas Redesigned 3", only "Fallout Character Overhaul". NVR3 didn't work for me.

So I just installed Roberts Male Body 3.3.  I still haven't tested anything in-game as I am still optimizing files within it.  I went to remove ITMs and xEdit could not find any... so the plugin is definitely different from before and doesn't contain an ITM anymore apparently.  Also, I ran the Generate Bash Tags script in xEdit and it removed 2 "bad" tags from the header.  That's odd because I think it only ever did this for one other plugin in the F&L guide.  It removed Graphics and NPC.Race.  It added Body-M.  Have you noticed these things as well and does that seem appropriate to you?  I wonder why the mod author would have added incorrect tags in his new version.

EDIT: In my order I replaced "4. Roberts Honest Hearts DLC Patch-Underwear 3_3" and "6. Roberts Old World Blues DLC Patch-Underwear 3_3" with the nude versions and added in the "Sexy Legion Patch".  I didn't do this because I get gratification from seeing naked men.  I did it for the sake of the fact that the author says that it makes it so that there is no underwear under the patient gown, tribal armor, or legion skirts/kilts.  That made sense to me. 

So I just installed Roberts Male Body 3.3.  I still haven't tested anything in-game as I am still optimizing files within it.  I went to remove ITMs and xEdit could not find any... so the plugin is definitely different from before and doesn't contain an ITM anymore apparently.  Also, I ran the Generate Bash Tags script in xEdit and it removed 2 "bad" tags from the header.  That's odd because I think it only ever did this for one other plugin in the F&L guide.  It removed Graphics and NPC.Race.  It added Body-M.  Have you noticed these things as well and does that seem appropriate to you?  I wonder why the mod author would have added incorrect tags in his new version.

EDIT: In my order I replaced "4. Roberts Honest Hearts DLC Patch-Underwear 3_3" and "6. Roberts Old World Blues DLC Patch-Underwear 3_3" with the nude versions and added in the "Sexy Legion Patch".  I didn't do this because I get gratification from seeing naked men.  I did it for the sake of the fact that the author says that it makes it so that there is no underwear under the patient gown, tribal armor, or legion skirts/kilts.  That made sense to me. 

Yes, I have this tags too. But I don't know if it's Roberts or the Generate Bash Tags script.

CTDs on Camp Searchlight were more serious than glowing ghouls from FCO, random with no explanation and "save resistant", if you trigger something (I don't know what) your game will permanently crash on searchlight. I googled a bit and found this which is the solution

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/293309-so-my-game-seems-to-crash-in-camp-searchlight/&do=findComment&comment=15791620

1. SAVE before going in direction of searchlight at all

-. All of quests (Logan and irradiated NCR dogtags) and looting must be done on the same instance, do not exit the game before finishing everything there

2. Go to camp (preferably approach from husbandry farm, not where the NCR post is) and DO NOT GO INTO ANY BUILDING. Kill everything, including the miniguns that are controlled by terminal you can hack (NCR troops won't care). NCR troops don't cause any problem, do not kill them. Take note of geckos on the area with trailers, some ghouls near east mine and some ghouls to the right of trailers

3. After every kill, open console, select each corpse (after you looted it) and enter "zap" command

4. After town is clean, go to loot house with ghoul NCR (pickpocket the tag from him), east mine with vipers and church basement (Sneak skill book there)

5. Complete the quest with NCR tags by talking to NCR sergeant, you should have all the NCR tags by now after killing everything

6. Do the quest with Logan

That's what I did and no CTD occurred, traveled back and no CTD again.

Anyone run into this issue at Ranger Station Charlie?

ScreenShot6_zpsz9lof7sm.png

I had been there previously and there were no graphical glitches.  Then I talked with Ranger Andy in Novac who asked me to check up on the ranger station.  Upon returning, I get this...

I can confirm having this issue, however I cannot say if the station was fine prior to talking with Ranger Andy.

I can confirm having this issue, however I cannot say if the station was fine prior to talking with Ranger Andy.

I tested by loading a saved game prior to talking to Andy and then fast traveling there - it changes after talking to him and gets messed up.  I used TCL console command to float across the gap to get into the room after it glitches out.

CTDs on Camp Searchlight were more serious than glowing ghouls from FCO, random with no explanation and "save resistant", if you trigger something (I don't know what) your game will permanently crash on searchlight. I googled a bit and found this which is the solution

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/293309-so-my-game-seems-to-crash-in-camp-searchlight/&do=findComment&comment=15791620

1. SAVE before going in direction of searchlight at all

-. All of quests (Logan and irradiated NCR dogtags) and looting must be done on the same instance, do not exit the game before finishing everything there

2. Go to camp (preferably approach from husbandry farm, not where the NCR post is) and DO NOT GO INTO ANY BUILDING. Kill everything, including the miniguns that are controlled by terminal you can hack (NCR troops won't care). NCR troops don't cause any problem, do not kill them. Take note of geckos on the area with trailers, some ghouls near east mine and some ghouls to the right of trailers

3. After every kill, open console, select each corpse (after you looted it) and enter "zap" command

4. After town is clean, go to loot house with ghoul NCR (pickpocket the tag from him), east mine with vipers and church basement (Sneak skill book there)

5. Complete the quest with NCR tags by talking to NCR sergeant, you should have all the NCR tags by now after killing everything

6. Do the quest with Logan

That's what I did and no CTD occurred, traveled back and no CTD again.

I'll have to go there to test in my game...

I have played a little with entering Camp Searchlight and fighting enemies there, including 1 glowing ghoul, and I have not experienced any issues.  Is this an issue that a lot of people have, or a few?  How frequent are your CTDs and could it be that I haven't spent enough time in Camp Searchlight to notice crashes?

I have played a little with entering Camp Searchlight and fighting enemies there, including 1 glowing ghoul, and I have not experienced any issues.  Is this an issue that a lot of people have, or a few?  How frequent are your CTDs and could it be that I haven't spent enough time in Camp Searchlight to notice crashes?

I just finished going through the guide and have started playing through the game; so I'm definitely not a thorough tester by any means (nor am I a that knowledgeable about the interaction of all the mods, I follow guides to the best of my ability).

I haven't seen any other glitches like the one pointed out at Ranger Station Charlie.

I have had an issue with a Wattz Laser Rifle not aiming properly (see this thread: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/7211-wattz-laser-rifle-iron-sights-off/ unfortunately the solution posted did not work/was not applicable to me). 

That's all I've come across so far.

If anyone else gives me indication that they have installed the new version of Roberts Male Body according to a combination of instructions from what's in the guide currently and Mikaal's and my conversation about it.  Please give me feedback and I will update the guide.  I just want to hear from at least one other person about it before I go ahead with the update.  I know there are some other mods that are listed as old versions in the guide, but I'm not dealing with those right now...

Oh, and next time I update the guide, I will be crediting myself at the bottom with contributing something to it.  ;)

If anyone else gives me indication that they have installed the new version of Roberts Male Body according to a combination of instructions from what's in the guide currently and Mikaal's and my conversation about it.  Please give me feedback and I will update the guide.  I just want to hear from at least one other person about it before I go ahead with the update.  I know there are some other mods that are listed as old versions in the guide, but I'm not dealing with those right now...

Oh, and next time I update the guide, I will be crediting myself at the bottom with contributing something to it.  ;)

Having gone through the guide recently (like 2 weeks ago), I'm pretty sure I have the new version installed.  I haven't experienced any issues resulting from it that I'm aware of.  Let me know if there is anything specific you'd like me to look at.