Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Hi everyone.  My name is Ezequiel i'm a Novice STEP-like Guides Execcutor (i can't call myself a modder, that is a really high title that i'm quite far away from)

First of all i want to thanks EssArrBee for your work , you've done great to the falloutnv community with your guide.

I came here looking for some help since i cannot make my FNV work with MO and this guide. Each time i try to start the game my the game starts without cursor or main menu.

When i make some changes, like using FNV4GB or ENB injector , it won't even reach that stage, it just crashes before showing the NCR Ranger main screen. Right now i'm dealing with the issue number 1 - No menu no Cursor on main screen.

I follow step-like guides since a few years now, i did successfully finished STEP 2.2.9.1 + Extended without serious issues.

Still with FNV MO and Fear and Loathing the game won't even start up.

I have made the whole process of installing everything back again from scratch because the last time i tried,  i couldn't make it works and i quitted. but know i refuse to just declare myself defeated.

i followed everything on EssArrBee guide , until texture optimization. For 2 reasons:

1-  its too much work and pretty easy to **** things up. and

2- i consider that my pc have strong hardware enough and relative small display (just 22") to play it fair. I don't believe this is the reason for my non starting fallout. ( you may think i'm negligent because it not all about strong hardware when the game engine is about to explode) So please correct me if i'm wrong.

So far i've checked this stuff :

-I did followed the advice of keeping BSA count down beneath 30's , actually my bsa count is 29,

-My plugin count is 137, i've read here that 140 is the red mark. so i believe i'm fine on that too.

-I've run loot and fnvedit multiple times and i get no errors in whatsoever. no missing masters. 

-I've tried both , non ENB and with ENB , FNV4GB and without. NVSE, or even running FalloutNV.exe from MO. The same dirty thing happens. No cursor no menu on NCR ranger main screen.

-Disconnected joysticks just in case. didn't solve anything

So now i'm pretty much running out of ideas, i have researched all over the internet without clear answers about my issue and so i came here to see if i can get some help about it.

My Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Asus X99-Deluxe

Intel i7 5820k 3.3ghz 6-core

16GB Gskill Ripjaws 

GTX 980 4GB VRAM

Game and MO running on a Corsair Neutron GTX SSD RAID-0

Thats it for now. Thanks in advance. 

Kind Regards,

PS: I'm using the most updated versions of all mods, ( if they were updated after the last guide review ) Could that be an issue?

Anyone could help me with this please?

I had this issue before, but I forget what the answer was.  I asked about it either in this thread or in another F&L thread here on this site.  I honestly forget what caused it for me and the answer to fixing the issue, so I can't help.  The information is somewhere in the forum records.  Either someone who knows/remembers the answer will respond to you or you can hunt through the F&L threads and find the answer in there somewhere.  Sorry I can't help you better.

nivea released a new version of "Roberts Male Body FNV"!!! ::D:

The guide needs to be updated now to reflect these changes.  EssArrBee has not actively been updating the guide for a while now.  If someone knowledgeable about these body patches wants to help me to update that guide, it would be very much appreciated.  I think what needs to be done are some testing of these changes and new optional files that cover courier's stash and dead money DLCs.  We need to make sure that there aren't any strange conflicts with other F&L mods that create issues.  Another consideration is possibly an increased plugin count from the current amount.  If someone can please look into this for me, I will then follow your advice and see about updating the guide also.

What also makes this an issue is the fact that the old versions are no longer available, so we don't want someone following the F&L guide to run into issues with the new version of the files.

I had this issue before, but I forget what the answer was.  I asked about it either in this thread or in another F&L thread here on this site.  I honestly forget what caused it for me and the answer to fixing the issue, so I can't help.  The information is somewhere in the forum records.  Either someone who knows/remembers the answer will respond to you or you can hunt through the F&L threads and find the answer in there somewhere.  Sorry I can't help you better.

I have researched all over the internet , included this forums, with no sucess, it may be very difficult to find that specific post if it still exist and be able to retrieve that specific information. I'm sorry if this sounded lazy or something but i really tried, 2 weeks of research and got nothing in return. Now its been like 1 month or more, and i can't even start the game. its driving me nuts.

If the main menu isn't visible a common cause is that the fonts for Darnified UI didn't get properly added by UIO, as mentioned by SRB in this post. If that isn't the problem you can find some other possible solutions in this forum; use advanced search (the wheel in the upper right of the page) and search for "Fonts do not display in main menu" and select Display Results as posts.

Kelmych i did what you just told me , unfortunately, the falloutnv.ini or falloutnvpref.ini font modification did not solved my issue.

I wished that it was the ini entries. but it wasn't. just added those entries as SRB mentioned and supressed original font entries by adding semicollon to them so that there won't be overriding.

I can't understand why i fail to make this work , even tho i followed SRB guide religiously.

Then I tried the advanced search on here, found only 4 threads, and those weren't even close to what i'm experiencing. even tho the end result seemed to be similar.

What i get is , no menus and freeze after a while, no input response of anykind.

Sorry to be bothersome, but i got no other source to ask to , and thanks for your time.

Have you tried running the game using one or more of the profiles with fewer mods? When I'm installing mods in Bethesda games with MO I periodically make a copy of the profile so I can go back if there are problems and see if there are some mods that affect the problem.

The other option is to disable a large chunk of your mods, recreate your bashed patch, and start the game up.  See if there is a problem.  If it still persists then it may not be any of the mods you disabled.  Next step - re-enable the mods and disable another large chunk, recreate bashed patch, start the game up.  Repeat.

Do this until it works correctly.  Then hone in on the issue by re-enabling small bits of the offending portion of disabled mods until you find out exactly which mod or merging of mods is causing the problem.

Anyone run into this issue at Ranger Station Charlie?

ScreenShot6_zpsz9lof7sm.png

I had been there previously and there were no graphical glitches.  Then I talked with Ranger Andy in Novac who asked me to check up on the ranger station.  Upon returning, I get this...

Yes, normal before going to Novac and this after talking to Ranger Andy

https://i.imgur.com/IqUIVpO.png

By the way, also another bug I've encountered playing is one NCR Ranger spawning outside REPCONN test site, despite having Accepted rep with NCR he is hostile and if he's killed he respawns. Got rid of him with disable command

https://i.imgur.com/NVyFHCy.png

And also another bug is double eyes on certain characters at start of the game but it can easily be fixed by hiding the conflicting files from New Vegas Redesigned that replace the ones from Fallout Character Overhaul.

Generally excellent stability, not a single crash or hang and only these fixable minor bugs until Level 21 I am now.

Edited by Hackerpcs

Yeah, I haven't had a lot of issues.  The two main ones were that Ranger Station one and Sortomatic acts pretty wonky in the schoolhouse from time to time.  Someone mentioned the crafting stations in the schoolhouse not able to find ingredients properly - I have the same issue.  Even if you set them to use all containers, there are certain ingredients that they just can't find and I have to manually go and pick up the ingredients and have them on person for them to be recognized...  Oh, yes, and I swapped the load orders of NVR and FCO.

Well I skipped quest and location additions because it's my first NV playthrough and also sortomatic because for the whole game I use the 3 boxes in the trailer in Goodsprings for Weapons/Appearel/Armor - Aid - Misc (similarly to lockers in Megaton in FO3), not really familiar with sorters (PN sorter works alright)

I didn't swap order, I hid (right click => Hide in Conflicts tab of NVR) the 10-15 files that were being overwritten by NVR

Another smaller bug I discovered now, on unique Plasma rifles Q35 and Q41 this might happen

https://i.imgur.com/VJi2Sdf.png

https://i.imgur.com/yNSFftT.png

https://i.imgur.com/k113gqS.png

https://i.imgur.com/27r6G4p.png

doesn't happen on normal rifles

https://i.imgur.com/s62HULd.png

It's from force attack (hold LMB) and Dynamic Crosshair from PN, enable and disable it (or in reverse if you're playing with it) to fix it

Edited by Hackerpcs