Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know if christinecos.esp from WRP is actually needed together with WMX? Opening it up in FNVEdit shows some stuff that gets overwritten by WMX anyway.

Found a good answer on this from Antistar (WMX Creator) on how to use Millenia's Textures with Christine's rifle, from:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/289617-weapon-mods-expanded-wmx/?p=10161913

christinecos.dds -> 1stpersonsniperriflecarbonurban.dds, 1stpersonsniperrifleurban.dds, sniperriflecarbonurban.dds, sniperrifleurban.dds

christinecos_sil.dds -> sniperrifleurbansuppressor.dds

You'll need to extract these ones from 'Fallout - Textures.bsa' or 'Fallout - Textures2.bsa' (or put up with the camo extended mags):

textures\Weapons\2HandAutomatic\1stPersonG3AssaultRifleClip.dds - > 1stpersonsniperrifleurbanextmag.dds

textures\weapons\2handautomatic\G3AssaultRifleClip.dds - > sniperrifleurbanextmag.dds

Place all renamed textures in \Data\textures\WeaponModsExpanded\oldworldblues\2handrifle\cossniperrifle\, overwriting all - and that should do it. 

I think the WMX/WRP instructions should be updated accordingly - 

1. Move the christinecos.esp file to the optionals

2. Install WMX

3. Install the ChristineCOSRifle file from the WRP page with MO, renaming it to a new mod

4. Open in explorer and make the above recommended changes

5. Keep the new mod over top of the WRP and WMX mods in priority on the left hand side of MO

Otherwise the christinecos.esp file is just doing nothing in the load order (or potentially causing graphical conflicts depending on where LOOT sorts christinecos.esp)

edit:  Here are some shots of this.

With Christinecos.esp (default LOOT sorting ie. WMX overwriting)

Q1NF5Js.jpg

Without Christinecos.esp in the load order (ie. no change - saving an ESP spot):

Gdst3Z5.jpg

and with the above patch (no Christinecos.esp, Millenia Textures overwriting default vanilla/WMX:)

YJjcRYq.jpg

Edited by Genius384

Found a good answer on this from Antistar (WMX Creator) on how to use Millenia's Textures with Christine's rifle, from:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/289617-weapon-mods-expanded-wmx/?p=10161913

I think the WMX/WRP instructions should be updated accordingly - 

1. Move the christinecos.esp file to the optionals

2. Install WMX

3. Install the ChristineCOSRifle file from the WRP page with MO, renaming it to a new mod

4. Open in explorer and make the above recommended changes

5. Keep the new mod over top of the WRP and WMX mods in priority on the left hand side of MO

Otherwise the christinecos.esp file is just doing nothing in the load order (or potentially causing graphical conflicts depending on where LOOT sorts christinecos.esp)

Mmm, I wonder if other textures can be used for the magazines? Like these.

Strange, I've never seen that texture 'bug' with Electro-city. With the Engineers I just never talk to them so no real issue there.

And to be honest I like the original christinecos rifle best of the three options presented.

EDIT: Though I do understand what you're saying about how it shouldn't be making a difference, I can clearly see a difference on my (admittedly small) lap top monitor here. Maybe I'm just seeing things since by rights there should be no difference...

Edited by Nozzer66

Strange, I've never seen that texture 'bug' with Electro-city. With the Engineers I just never talk to them so no real issue there.

And to be honest I like the original christinecos rifle best of the three options presented.

EDIT: Though I do understand what you're saying about how it shouldn't be making a difference, I can clearly see a difference on my (admittedly small) lap top monitor here. Maybe I'm just seeing things since by rights there should be no difference...

The first two shots are identical in texture/result (just a different camera angle), but without the christinecos.esp file which is currently installed per F&L - or at least no specific instructions to leave it out.  In which case the ChristineCOSRifle file on the WRP page can be ignored.

In the interest of reducing ESP count

Edited by Genius384

Solved the problem. Apparently previously MO unticked most of my bsa's, and I'm guessing with the new version of MO, it didn't like it. Once I ticked the bsa's in my Archives tab, it all worked fine. I haven't had a huge chance to play, and have been toying around with some mods to see what extra I can get working, but I seem to have it stable and working fine now. Impact seems to be working fine, along with SRB's patch for it. I can see that I'll need to play around with a few things with other mods I've added, but it's looking pretty good. To sum up, I'll post what's different to the guide below, in case anyone is interested.

Essential ED-E and Rex

JIP Companions Command and Control has already an included functionality to make companions essential or not, even modded ones. So that should save you an esp slot :p

The first two shots are identical in texture/result (just a different camera angle), but without the christinecos.esp file which is currently installed per F&L - or at least no specific instructions to leave it out.  In which case the ChristineCOSRifle file on the WRP page can be ignored.

In the interest of reducing ESP count

No, I get that they SHOULD be the same but I can definitely see a difference. The original one has a more weathered look, at least to me. I guess eye of the beholder and all that...

No, I get that they SHOULD be the same but I can definitely see a difference. The original one has a more weathered look, at least to me. I guess eye of the beholder and all that...

Do you mean "original" as in the vanilla game texture? 

Mmm, I wonder if other textures can be used for the magazines? Like these.

So while testing these I discovered the FO3 weapons PN adds use assets from the vanilla bsa's and that FO3 replacers work just fine for them. I'd recommend adding the Weapon Enhancement Pack to cover those guns and even some of the vanilla ones that aren't covered by WRP (Like the Laser Pistol). Also, while testing this out I came across what looks to be a mesh error in the WMX-PN patch: 

RqTDGRM.jpg

Edited by MosAnted

OK, must have just been the monitor cause now back on my home machine and close examination, there's no difference in the first two. Still prefer either of those to Millenia's on this occasion, though. Must be one of the first times I actually prefer a texture other than a Millenia one.

Scuse me while I go take my temperature and see if I'm feeling unwell...

So while testing these I discovered the FO3 weapons PN adds use assets from the vanilla bsa's and that FO3 replacers work just fine for them. I'd recommend adding the Weapon Enhancement Pack to cover those guns and even some of the vanilla ones that aren't covered by WRP (Like the Laser Pistol).

EVE already has 2k laser weapons done by Cabal. Also WRP for NV should be coming out soonish.

Edited by Adonis_VII

EVE already has 2k laser weapons done by Cabal. Also WRP for NV should be coming out soonish.

That's odd. I have EVE installed and it doesn't conflict with WEP at all (only some MFC textures). Also the point of covering the FO3 weapons from PN still stands I guess.

Edit: Ok I've found out what the problem is. My Laser pistol & rifle ingame were still showing vanilla textures ,that's why I noticed the change with WEP. Seems the Bashed Patch it's not carrying over the WMX-EVE compatibility patch records properly even though it's merging it.

Edit2: Ok fixed it, I'm not used at having to re-enable every bash tag inside the "Create Bashed Patch" function again for WF. I'm used to WB which does it automatically.

Edited by MosAnted

I've tested the "Generate Bash Tags" Script for FNVEdit Essarrbee mentioned and it seems to work fine. But I got more than one profile for ModOrganizer, so I have to bashtag every mod. When I activate another profile, some bashtags were added or removed for the same mod. But it works! ::D:

I've tested the "Generate Bash Tags" Script for FNVEdit Essarrbee mentioned and it seems to work fine. But I got more than one profile for ModOrganizer, so I have to bashtag every mod. When I activate another profile, some bashtags were added or removed for the same mod. But it works! ::D:

Well, the tags get saves to the plugin header, so if you have multiple installs of one mod then it won't work for the separate instances of that mod. Wrye can't read from the LOOT masterlist, but it can read from the plugin header, so that's why I want to use that script.

How did you obtain and install the script? I've been wanting to make it as easy as possible to download and install.

I'm having issues with certain guns' ironsights and NV Enhanced Camera: 

tubseD5.jpglWKJ0ik.jpg8p5fxu8.jpg

Anyone experienced anything like that?

Edit: Ok I've uninstalled Enhanced Camera and I'm still getting this. Help?

Edit2: Ok nvm I found the culprit. I noticed all of the guns with this issue were guns from Fallout 3, and I had installed Hi Res replacers from FO3 to cover them. One of the replacers included meshes and that was what was screwing with the IS animations.

Edited by MosAnted