Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

i don't know about the ghoul texture thing but for the mismatch you can try fallout.ini

[General]
bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles = 1

guide mentions falloutperfs.ini changing and i suggest you changing both

it is my first post sorry for my bad english

• +1 3

*some stuff snipped*

On the topic of mismatch, I have a feeling its NV Redesigned, I had similar issues in the past which I hoped were fixed :/

Have you made the ini tweak of setting bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1 to Fallout.ini's [General] section? I think you'll find that'll fix it.

And I wouldn't play a Bethesda game without ENBoost. It's often the first thing I install.

EDIT: Ninjaed. But I may as well add, if that line's not in your ini files at all, write it in.

Edited by Nozzer66
  • +1 1

Have you made the ini tweak of setting bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1 to Fallout.ini's [General] section? I think you'll find that'll fix it.

And I wouldn't play a Bethesda game without ENBoost. It's often the first thing I install.

EDIT: Ninjaed. But I may as well add, if that line's not in your ini files at all, write it in.

I have on falloutprefs. As per the guide. Not on fallout.ini though. Will give it a try now. Would that also fix some missing (purple) head textures I'm seeing here and there? 

And no, I don't plan to play without ENB/ENNBoost, just doing some testing :)

I have on falloutprefs. As per the guide. Not on fallout.ini though. Will give it a try now. Would that also fix some missing (purple) head textures I'm seeing here and there? 

And no, I don't plan to play without ENB/ENNBoost, just doing some testing :)

I understand, I've been following Boris and using ENB since GTA: San Andreas, but honestly, in FNV, with the machine I got (which is fairly average) I don't get no stutters nor crashes, using the stutter remover and the FNV4GB.exe
So, there is no real benefit for me to use Enboost, and I can't play a game without proper AA, I really hate the jagging.
And as for ENBs, as I said before, they only bring more problems than solutions.

Ok, success! I still see some texture errors upon load sometimes, which is fixed by reloading, but no more mismatches or missing face textures. As far as I can tell right now anyways.

I understand, I've been following Boris and using ENB since GTA: San Andreas, but honestly, in FNV, with the machine I got (which is fairly average) I don't get no stutters nor crashes, using the stutter remover and the FNV4GB.exe
So, there is no real benefit for me to use Enboost, and I can't play a game without proper AA, I really hate the jagging.
And as for ENBs, as I said before, they only bring more problems than solutions.

One of the main reasons I want to use an ENB, and the reason I chose Rudy's for that, is because the "bleakness" hides the low poly meshes and not-so-good textures pretty well :P

ENB has a bunch of issues, like ambient occlusion making shadows especially thick through fog, as well as transparency problems (and using the transparency fixer option sometimes introduces other transparency bugs), but I personally find it worth it, because without it, the game just looks like absolute dogshit. I'm using a personal tweaked version of the vanilla ENB binary, and that alone makes the game look so much nicer to look at.

9hrb.pngAhrb.pngBhrb.pngChrb.png

Enough spam for the day on my part, just wanted to say for the curious, ended up uninstalling Nevada Skies and Getting FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting (ENB version) along with Darker Nights and using Onix ENB. Game looks phenomenal, for its age. Especially some interiors. 

As for some of my other issues, let's just say i'm an idiot and leave it at that, shall we ? 

Edited by Marthenil

Another thing that popped up, which is not so much F&L related, is there a mod that increases ground clutter? Ruined cities feel so empty :(

EDIT: Wait, what? Why did it doublepost ? :(

Uncut Wasteland is the only thing that does this well and it's just restoring some stuff that was left out of the game because they ran out of time and couldn't optimize performance. Just go look at the Hoover Dam with and without it.

I know that, but the dots just don't look right IMO. Is there a way to disable that, but keep the rest of the blood effects? I'm fairly sure that the vanilla effect is a puff of blood.

That only changes the textures, not the effect. It's placed below EVE in my load order, but I still get the red dots.

I know that, but the dots just don't look right IMO. Is there a way to disable that, but keep the rest of the blood effects? I'm fairly sure that the vanilla effect is a puff of blood.

That only changes the textures, not the effect. It's placed below EVE in my load order, but I still get the red dots.

Ess did have one in the guide that changed the effects, but he removed it. You can try it out here.