Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Ive had similar issues, every now and then I try an ENB. Tweak my settings etc and I always get stuttering which often happens when I turn from side to side. It's just not worth it. Very annoying as I watch youtubers like NCRVET who I have a better pc then (on paper atleast) who seem to run ENBs no problem. 

On a side note I was finding casm was causing lag especialy on entering and exiting buildings and saving each time. I turned most of it's autosave features off and use the quick save key alot.

Tried it without any ENB or ENBoost (I just removed the d3d9.dll file). No luck, I made sure my graphics card driver were up to date and it was doing the AA effects as well. Something I keep meaning to mention, on two separate occasions now I'm seeing a bright greenish yellow light far away from my character is. It doesn't happen every time the game drops in FPS, but I feel like it's worth noting that whenever I do see it my FPS drops. The greenish yellow light is usually pretty far away which makes me think it might be something with the LOD? I might be grasping for straws here though. Thoughts? Thanks again for your help, this is driving me crazy haha.

I'm seeing a similar light.  I remember having the same issue with Skyrim a while ago.

Yeah I'm just not sure what happened. If you read back you can see I was having VRAM issues with black holes opening up on the floors. EssArrBee recommended I disable Hall of Equipment. I did that and started a brand new game and it was working perfectly until I got on the road to Novac just past the Fancy Lads billboard when I came across a huge caravan(? seemed more like a pallet) led by three brahmin that weren't moving. You cannot get on top of it, but I think it's there to suggest supplies were on top of it for the Electric something or other coalition so they could fix a downed street light there. Then, I noticed that Legion and NCR fellows were having a battle there and that's when I had some major framerate drop issues. I finished off that battle struggling through the framerate issues and tried to continue on thinking that the brahmin or some broken textures in the area were causing the issue, but then my framerate kept staying the same unless I looked in a certain direction or straight up at the sky.

My loading screens are taking forever too and as noted in a previous post I'm getting these large bright greenish yellow blots far away into the mountains. I'm sure it's not part of the game because they are not always there when re-loading the game and I've only seen them twice in two different locations. It's almost like a weird color sun texture that's in the wrong place.

Weird issues. I have don't think this is a CASM problem because I only have about 30 something saves and deleted some too. I heard another person was experiencing problems with CASM at 150 something saves, so I don't think it's that. I'm going to try this mod that was suggested yesterday and I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'm also thinking about starting another game and getting to the same point to see if the same issues arise.

Those yellow blots are the glowing ghouls by searchlight. FCO makes them glow and it kills framerate for some people. The author hasn't figured out how to fix it. You probably had something where to many actors were on screen at once. The strip and free side will probably chug too just because engine sucks.

Those yellow blots are the glowing ghouls by searchlight. FCO makes them glow and it kills framerate for some people. The author hasn't figured out how to fix it. You probably had something where to many actors were on screen at once. The strip and free side will probably chug too just because engine sucks.

You are absolutely right, the color I'm seeing is from the glowing ghouls. I tried re-installing FCO though with glowing ghouls unchecked and now the load screen doesn't load any option on the first page to launch the game. Pretty sure at this point that I'll try and go through a fresh install of the game again using your guide. Maybe I've changed too much to this point. Do you think that's a good idea or unnecessary?

I'm going through the full install of the guide again and had a question about More Perks. When you say 'move all plugins' to the Optional ESM's box are you only referring to the .esp files or are you also including the .esm files as well? Basically, do I move everything from the bottom to the top? Or only the .esp files?

Thanks.

You probably didn't need to re-install. You could probably have just removed the FCO-Glowing One.esp, rebashed and all would be fine.

But all's good. :)

Oh, cool I'll know for next time!

I'm going through the full install of the guide again and had a question about More Perks. When you say 'move all plugins' to the Optional ESM's box are you only referring to the .esp files or are you also including the .esm files as well? Basically, do I move everything from the bottom to the top? Or only the .esp files?

Thanks.

I moved everything including the .esm to the optional files and it works well in my game. No problems with the mod.

I've got everything loaded and working great so far. Question for in game play. When I have a weapon drawn I can right-click and the HUD info comes up. When I have the weapon holstered and right-click nothing happens. Is there a way to have the HUD information come up even when my weapon is holstered?

Edit: Nevermind, looks like pressing 'I' will do it. Was hoping to have the right-click be able to do it, but I can live with this.

Edited by Vaportrails

I've got everything loaded and working great so far. Question for in game play. When I have a weapon drawn I can right-click and the HUD info comes up. When I have the weapon holstered and right-click nothing happens. Is there a way to have the HUD information come up even when my weapon is holstered?

Edit: Nevermind, looks like pressing 'I' will do it. Was hoping to have the right-click be able to do it, but I can live with this.

Right click while holstered is disable by Powered Power Armor. It has to do with disabling zoom with weapons in ironsights. 

Hi, I just wanted to ask a maybe stupid question. It's about the installation of "Improved Sound FX v0821". You mentioned in your guide to install the main file and the PN esp. After that i moved ALL plugins into the optional folder. What about the PN esp? :O_o: I'm a bit confused.