Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I don't add those mods because I like to keep the DLC as isolated experiences. I know some of the weapons are common, but there are more than enough vanilla weapons in the mojave. Then throw in all the mods and it's getting crowded. I wouldn't want to see any OWB stuff in the Mojave, no one ever made it out except Elijah and he left his gear behind when he escaped. Sierra Madre is really isolated and most of the stuff their was made for the hotel or by the Ghosts. Each tribe would have different weapons from the next, so the White Legs' stuff shouldn't be in the hands of the Legion even though weapons from Zion making it to the Mojave is the most plausible. I really need to play Lonesome Road again, but some of the weapons are really unique so I wouldn't want to undo that. I meant to on my last playthrough, but moved on to test new stuff.

GRA is already done by The Right to Bear Arms. It actually distributes stuff way to much IMO and some of the weapons are placed in spots that are to easy to get to. If you play as much as I do then you remember where the weapons are placed and it makes the weapons less special then just buying the weapons for a ton of caps. 

As for fast travel stuff, I always forget to test that stuff. I use regular fast travel when testing to save time, so it's something that just slips my mind. One day I'll look into it, but people have reported using Mobile Truck Base with F&L and it didn't cause problems. 

Hey all,

So, I've been enjoying the game the last few days, but I've run into an issue that makes the game unplayable and I need help because I haven't been able to figure it out. I'm on my way to Novac where the three brahman caravans are all together, NCR and Legionaries are fighting and I receive a HUGE drop in framerate from then on. It only gets better if I look at the sky or the road, so something is rendering funky. I thought it may have been the armor because it only gets really bad when someone is on the screen, but before I started to untick plugins to find the culprit, I wanted to consult it with you all first. Anyone else have this issue?

Anyone else having problems with merged mods causing the game to infinite load screen at the main menu? Like not even scripted ones. Having to go back through and redo patches is tedious as all hell!

Also EssArrBee, I can't get the ILO patches to merge. I am running 3/4 (not using Diemos) and everytime I combine I end up with about a dozen records that are "cannot be resolved".

Disable Pocono Bueno. Maybe go to the small version of NMCs.

Hmm...I'll try it. My computer is pretty good, not sure why I'm having so much difficulty. Is it the graphic card that's holding me back? I think if anything it could be my CPU, but these older games don't use the CPU as much do they? I have an i5-4670k with a GTX 770 and 8 gigs of RAM. If this is as simple as a ram upgrade I can do that easily.

With those specs you probably have something else messing you up. It might be multiple AA effects on at once. Do you use ENB?

Yeah, I use ENBoost from your guide. I've really only had trouble with framerate with this one part of the game. Up to that point it's run pretty well after I fixed the VRAM issue.

With those specs you probably have something else messing you up. It might be multiple AA effects on at once. Do you use ENB?

Not sure if it's AA effects that are causing the FPS drop in that area. I turned the AA effects off in enblocal.ini and had the same issue. 

Since my last post I've done a bit more research on ENBs though. I really didn't know anything about modding before I got to your guide. An ENB seems like it's just a filter with some tweaks here and there. I do not have that and due to that it probably makes ENBoost obsolete. Am I correct here or does ENBoost have other features that could be helping? Should I uninstall ENBoost?

For me ENBoost works GREAT on Skyrim, but horrid on Fallout New Vegas.  It has been a few versions since I tried ENBoost on FNV, but when I did I tried all kinds of configurations and always the same result - lower FPS than without it.  There were two particular settings that if either was enabled I had horrendous macrostuttering and FPS issues.  I decided that it wasn't worth using and haven't gone back to trying it out again.  I posted a bit about it a while ago on here.

If the issue seems like some kind of cache that eventually gets full and starts slowing things down (rather than slow from the get go), you might want to give this mod a try.  SRB suggested it to me, but I haven't actually played the game much since then to even get around to installing it:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/52428/?

Edited by oqhansoloqo

Not sure if it's AA effects that are causing the FPS drop in that area. I turned the AA effects off in enblocal.ini and had the same issue. 

Since my last post I've done a bit more research on ENBs though. I really didn't know anything about modding before I got to your guide. An ENB seems like it's just a filter with some tweaks here and there. I do not have that and due to that it probably makes ENBoost obsolete. Am I correct here or does ENBoost have other features that could be helping? Should I uninstall ENBoost?

Try with/without ENBoost and see what's going on. The drawback with ENBoost is that it lowers performance. The bonus is that you will rarely get out of memory crashes. ENB is the pretty much the graphics enhancement, but it added ENBoost a while ago which helps with memory limits. ENBoost is not separate from the entire ENB package though, you just turn off the graphics. It still manages the AA/AF if you want it too. WHen you remove ENB you have to turn the game or driver AA/AF back on.

For me ENBoost works GREAT on Skyrim, but horrid on Fallout New Vegas.  It has been a few versions since I tried ENBoost on FNV, but when I did I tried all kinds of configurations and always the same result - lower FPS than without it.  There were two particular settings that if either was enabled I had horrendous macrostuttering and FPS issues.  I decided that it wasn't worth using and haven't gone back to trying it out again.  I posted a bit about it a while ago on here.

If the issue seems like some kind of cache that eventually gets full and starts slowing things down (rather than slow from the get go), you might want to give this mod a try.  SRB suggested it to me, but I haven't actually played the game much since then to even get around to installing it:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/52428/?

Macrostuttering is probably the best word to describe what the game is doing. I'll try that mod first thing in the morning and post here what I think. However, I think the issues I'm experiencing goes beyond FPS or cache issues. Not quite sure what it is because I haven't experience this type of thing in a game before.

Try with/without ENBoost and see what's going on. The drawback with ENBoost is that it lowers performance. The bonus is that you will rarely get out of memory crashes. ENB is the pretty much the graphics enhancement, but it added ENBoost a while ago which helps with memory limits. ENBoost is not separate from the entire ENB package though, you just turn off the graphics. It still manages the AA/AF if you want it too. WHen you remove ENB you have to turn the game or driver AA/AF back on.

Tried it without any ENB or ENBoost (I just removed the d3d9.dll file). No luck, I made sure my graphics card driver were up to date and it was doing the AA effects as well. Something I keep meaning to mention, on two separate occasions now I'm seeing a bright greenish yellow light far away from my character is. It doesn't happen every time the game drops in FPS, but I feel like it's worth noting that whenever I do see it my FPS drops. The greenish yellow light is usually pretty far away which makes me think it might be something with the LOD? I might be grasping for straws here though. Thoughts? Thanks again for your help, this is driving me crazy haha.