Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Yeah, it's pretty much combining records that Wrye can't do. I want to use the caliberX bullets types with the impact data sets from IMPACT. Then it's just deciding which bullet casings to use. I'll have to compare them.

A little sneak peak for another page I just about finished. There are still a few things I want to test, but it's about done.

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas_YukichigaiGameplayTweaks

Anyone check out that page I made for cellHUD and Vault Girl? I just want to know if that is something that people might want. I could just add some mods that people can kinda plug and play without worrying about save games. I like having the Vault Girl stuff for my current playthrough since I'm doing a female. It's nice to have the pipgirl and all vanilla/dlc icons as the vault girl instead of vault boy. There is a different Vault Gilr replacer that is just for the message icons that pop up, like for sneak attacks or completing a challenge, that I really like, but it isn't the full package and it doesn't have a DarnUI version. I wonder how hard it is to mess with those type of textures. I'll have to ask someone. 

Okay, the page in the post above for yuki's tweaks is done. At least until start testing even more of yuki's mods. I'm starting to run out. It has 22 mods now, so that will how you guys over for the time being. ::P:

So far the only ones I left out from him are Higher Companion Level which I did just in case it messes with JIP CC&C, and Misc Items are Weapons (I think that's what it is called) because it's just too much. Weapon overload is a problem with all the other stuff in game. The mod is great, but you just want the hammer, wrenches, and scalpels to go back the Misc section when in your Pipboy or containers.

THe main reason for moving that section another page is the length of the entire guide. It helps page load times when I break it up.

I'll probably move to that page after I read it again in the morning with some fresh eyes. If anyone want's to look at it and see if there are any omissions or mistakes let me know. I might add a bunch of FNVEdit stuff, but I'm waiting to see if Yuki will update the Cave Fungus mod since that is like 99% of the edits. I even offered to update it for him.

There was a laser gun I've been meaning to get to that I finally tested. It doesn't work with the Weapon Mod Menu, so I'm not going to add it. It was the AER11 Blue Laser Rifle. It is really nice, but there are two errors, one minor and one major, that I can't abide. That's right, the dude doesn't not abide.

I think that I'm also going to turn the Advanced Recon mods into their own section. I'll put it within the UI section, but all those mods are by Gopher and I think they may be mergable. I don't know yet, but I think redirishlord did it a while back. If they aren't, then I will leave out merging instructions.

Two more mods I'd suggest adding to the Yuki gameplay mods section:

Both are what I'd consider great tweaks for the game. The Caravan game limit mod is for consitency with Yuki's other Caravan mod, which uses the fix for the added merchant, but not for the existing ones. And Ownerless Trash just makes sense - if it's trash, it's fair game.

I'd also include Tuneable Radios, but I'd either want to make a CONELRAD patch first, or wait for Yuki to include support for that in the mod.

EDIT: Also, really tempted to include Repair Metal Armor with Any Metal Misc Items in the list. And also include Old World Blues - Light Stealth Suit MK II, something which just makes sense to include as a fix.

I like the Vault Girl section - good idea.  I don't typically play as a female, but if I did I would likely use it - unless it messes something else up.

I'm glad you have been able to include so many Yuki mods.

Without any testing or knowing how things balance out, I like WilliamImm's mod suggestions.  Don't know if the metal armor mod has any game balance issues though or the stealth suit one.

Two more mods I'd suggest adding to the Yuki gameplay mods section:

Both are what I'd consider great tweaks for the game. The Caravan game limit mod is for consitency with Yuki's other Caravan mod, which uses the fix for the added merchant, but not for the existing ones. And Ownerless Trash just makes sense - if it's trash, it's fair game.

I'd also include Tuneable Radios, but I'd either want to make a CONELRAD patch first, or wait for Yuki to include support for that in the mod.

EDIT: Also, really tempted to include Repair Metal Armor with Any Metal Misc Items in the list. And also include Old World Blues - Light Stealth Suit MK II, something which just makes sense to include as a fix.

Yeah, I've had my eye on a couple of those. He just has so many mods that I forget about some of them even being installed while testing. I might take a little break from adding mods to that section though, since it's already over twenty mods. Do people really wear metal armor anyways?

I like the Vault Girl section - good idea.  I don't typically play as a female, but if I did I would likely use it - unless it messes something else up.

I'm glad you have been able to include so many Yuki mods.

Without any testing or knowing how things balance out, I like WilliamImm's mod suggestions.  Don't know if the metal armor mod has any game balance issues though or the stealth suit one.

Alright, I'll add that page somewhere in the guide, not sure where yet so I'll have to figure something out.

There is already a stealth suit mod that might conflict with the one yuki made, so I don't know if it would work since there are different versions of the suit in that mod. I think it's called Legacy of X-13.

By the way, I always see this message every time I run LOOT with FNV.

NewVegasBountiesII.esp

CRC: 11D6AFEA

Relations

• Warning: Contains 2 deleted navmeshes. Clean with FNVEdit.

Having spent some time with xEdit, I remember seeing a script that says that "apply filter for deleted navmeshes".  Can this be used to amend the situation?

Also, were we supposed to install the "essential" version of the sentry bot toy?  The Yuki mod merging instructions imply that, yet instructions to get the "essential" version were not given prior.

Thanks for the update to Yuki's section.

I'm getting an error when I check the merged plugin for errors with FNVEdit:

"00:00] Checking for Errors in [06] Yuki Merged Mods.esp
[00:00] [iNFO:060047B0] ('Sure.' in GRUP Topic Children of CaravanOffer "Want to play a hand of Caravan?" [DIAL:00157F69] for vCaravanQuest "Caravan Quest" [QUST:00157F76])
[00:00]     INFO \ Conditions \ CTDA - Condition \ Parameter #2 -> <Warning: "KlamathBob "Klamath Bob" [NPC_:000F839E]" does not contain a SCRI subrecord>
[00:00] All Done!"

I went back and checked the individual mods and found 5 ITMs in the Mantis Gauntlet, but that was apparently not the source, as the entries indicate the restored caravan players mod instead.

I don't know if this is harmless or not, but I thought I should point it out.

Thanks for the update to Yuki's section.

I'm getting an error when I check the merged plugin for errors with FNVEdit:

"00:00] Checking for Errors in [06] Yuki Merged Mods.esp

[00:00] [iNFO:060047B0] ('Sure.' in GRUP Topic Children of CaravanOffer "Want to play a hand of Caravan?" [DIAL:00157F69] for vCaravanQuest "Caravan Quest" [QUST:00157F76])

[00:00]     INFO \ Conditions \ CTDA - Condition \ Parameter #2 -> <Warning: "KlamathBob "Klamath Bob" [NPC_:000F839E]" does not contain a SCRI subrecord>

[00:00] All Done!"

I went back and checked the individual mods and found 5 ITMs in the Mantis Gauntlet, but that was apparently not the source, as the entries indicate the restored caravan players mod instead.

I don't know if this is harmless or not, but I thought I should point it out.

I looked at the actual script for Klamath Bob and it is only two lines, the script name and a variable. There is no blocktype, no commands, and really nothing in the script at all. I'm guess it wasn't needed, but Yuki just left it in.

The ITMs from the Mantis Guantlet are harmless, but you can clean the merged plugin if you want, it shouldn't have any UDRs.