Realistic Water Two (by isoku)

Smile44

Not too sure about the situation with Skyfalls.  I just remember the original problems in RWT because of all the fun and games we had with floating waterfalls, or, as people who refused to read the mod notes liked to call them, "random floating water dragons". :P

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too sure about the situation with Skyfalls.  I just remember the original problems in RWT because of all the fun and games we had with floating waterfalls' date=' or, as people who refused to read the mod notes liked to call them, "random floating water dragons". :P[/quote']

I looked at the Skyfalls/mills mod page. His next update will remove the floating 'dragons'.

If we end up using this mod in place of W.A.T.E.R. which I'm beginning to think is a real possibility....is there a safe way to uninstall W.A.T.E.R.?

Do you even mod bro? :p 

By the way Tech nice comparison, but I am cry at lakes (AKA sea water) because of the no world edits policy I have. Anyway, I just fudged up your comparison by releasing 1.85 so I'm sorry. Also I like the ice floes included in step, but I made mine less dense to combat seams. I'll probably revisit them if I can be bothered.

If we end up using this mod in place of W.A.T.E.R. which I'm beginning to think is a real possibility....is there a safe way to uninstall W.A.T.E.R.?

By the way Tech nice comparison, but I am cry at lakes (AKA sea water) because of the no world edits policy I have. Anyway, I just fudged up your comparison by releasing 1.85 so I'm sorry. Also I like the ice floes included in step, but I made mine less dense to combat seams. I'll probably revisit them if I can be bothered.

Thanks, you and Isoku both fudged it up because he came out with a release after this as well I think. Oh well, I'm not redoing it! :><: haha :p>

Well...damn! By the sounds of the update I really should redo the compare...:wacko:

EDIT:

Sparrow, I think you forgot the images for the waves in the uploaded file. The installer says to "see image to the right"; however it doesn't change and I manually looked inside the archive...no images. :P

Well that was before the 1.85 update!

Just a quick update. I've gathered the new captures and just started the video editing. WATER has made some interesting changes with the water texture. It looks very good; however, WATER still might not be the best. More on that when the video is released. I'll be heading to bed soon so that's about it for now.

Nice compare, Z. I just updated the OP with the newest video compare. This one is using WATER v1.85 and RW2 v1.04.

A better compare probably could have been done with the regular normal rather than the calm normal for WATER; however, I used the same normal as the previous video to keep it even. The reason I don't see this as being unfair in the compare, is because after capturing and editing I realized that those normals are used in nearly every shot for WATER; meaning the variety that RW2 brings is still not there for WATER. WATER is an improvement with the v1.85 update, but still doesn't stack up to RW2, IMO. RW2 is just more...realistic, and it matches the game better. It's edits to the water flows (especially oceans) is enough for it to win out for me. The very last scene shows RW2 being the only one with some ripples/waves in the water which is natural because there's a waterfall behind the PC and off camera in that shot. Riften doesn't even need discussing as the shots speak for themselves. The oceans in RW2 flow toward the shores which is also more natural; especially when shoreline waves are involved. Speaking for which...

One thing I do prefer in WATER now over RW2 are the shoreline waves. They've been reduced and smoothed out in WATER v1.85 and this looks better, IMO. However, you still get more of them with RW2. The last thing that wins RW2 over for me are the improved sounds which really are an improvement and adds to the immersion of the game.

Go check out the new videos in the OP and report back! :thumbsup:

RWT2 imo, of course I'll probably disable the wave add-ons since they really throw me off as they start out way too close to short to even seem like they're not some weird natural phenomena that only occurs at the shoreline. Good video as always.

Why don't you guys just get permission to use various parts from each water mod that you like and create your own version? I would be totally okay with that personally and would be willing to help out if needs be. *shrugs*

By the way (sorry tech) 1.86 of WATER added these waves as optional:

Posted Image

Horrid vanilla game lighting and such, but there is a calm version available too. Basically there isn't a default water normal map. Choose what you like the most is my motto. :)

Yes, doing a complete compare of your mod would be tedious; however, just replacing the calm water version that is in the video with a rougher version wouldn't be too hard. I love some things of both mods but combining them isn't something up my alley. If someone else wished to get permission from Isoku and do that work, then I would add the compares into a video for a final comparison. I'm getting the hang Adobe Premiere Pro. The last video only took ~3hrs to put together (quicker if I'd worked on it straight through); instead of an entire day like the first video did. For now and for ease of use, I'll have to stick to a single mod and that's RW2 for me because of the additional corrections/edits that create more realism. Nothing against WATER, I still love it too.