SKSE (by the SKSE Team)

z929669

So if this is the case I suggest install instructions for STEP 2.2.9.1 say to install SKSE version 1.07.02 as it actually is more bug free than the previous version. 

Not sure if that is actually true, @expired6978 aka PurpleLunchBox, is the sole remaining maintainer of SKSE and has just added to it. I don't think there are any actual changes to the previous functions, thus no removal of any bugs.

Having said that, it is a good idea to perhaps update the STEP instructions to use that version.

Not sure if that is actually true, @expired6978 aka PurpleLunchBox, is the sole remaining maintainer of SKSE and has just added to it. I don't think there are any actual changes to the previous functions, thus no removal of any bugs.

Having said that, it is a good idea to perhaps update the STEP instructions to use that version.

PurpleLunchBox is not the only person working on SKSE unless he is smeagol/gollum.

When I messaged him a few months back he indicated, or maybe I took it as that, he was the only one left. I could quite easily be in error on that.

The point I was trying to get across though is, the latest release is only new functions, not changes to existing functions. (with only 2 minor fixes)

Without getting into semantics over what constitutes a bugfix I was just highlighting the fact, installing 1.07.02 shouldn't be considered as an improvement to 1.07.01 or 'more bug free'. I meant no sleight on your recommendation to use it or yourself, just that 1.07.02 will be in the same state as 1.07.01 and shouldn't be viewed any differently.

If the wording of my comment came across as anything more than that, I apologise.

Right now NVSE has much more development with hlp, Lutana, and JIP than SKSE. Expired/PurpleLunchbox does do a pretty good job as a loner though. Race Menu, EFF, and SKSE can't be easy to support and maintain. I think egocarib might have been helping out a bit with SKSE too.

Sorry if I came across rude or something. The reason I thought he was working with other people is from reading post from him he says "we" not I. But Being sleep deprived I didn't notice that these post were made more than 2 months age...

anyway the [spoiler=Updates 1.72]- renamed Tree -> TreeObject, avoids conflicts with vanilla scripts

- container weight count takes stack size in to account
- added Actor.GetFactions
- added Cell.GetWaterLevel
- added Faction functions
- added ActorValueInfo.GetCurrent/Base/MaximumValue
- added Game.GetCurrentConsoleRef
- added many node manipulation functions to NetImmerse
- fixed SetHarvested to update the visual model as well as the object state
- added kMessage_NewGame to SKSEMessagingInterface
- added Enchantment.Get/SetKeywordRestrictions
- initial implementation of array return types
- fix crash caused by many simultaneous key tap/press/release commands
- add OnNiNodeUpdate event to ActiveMagicEffect, Alias, Form
- added experimental support for creating arrays larger than 128 entries
- added Game.SetPlayerLevel. Works analogously to console command SetLevel called on the player

technically it is more stable becuase of fix for crash and works better with vannilla scripts but i have never come across either of those issues. So unless one REALLY wanted to use the newest RaceGen than for a step install it would be better getting the previous version with SKSE 1.7.1 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SKSE has been updated to version 1.7.3. Source

Whatsnew:

- added SpawnerTask for batch PlaceAtMe with positioning (see SpawnerTask.psc for details)
- fixed chance of ModEvent/UICallback instances failing if the game was saved+loaded between their creation and execution
- added Spell.GetEffectMagnitudes/GetEffectAreas/GetEffectDurations/GetMagicEffects
- added ObjectReference.GetContainerForms/GetReferenceAliases
- added WornObject.GetReferenceAliases
- added Form.GetKeywords
- added StringUtil.Split
- added Utility.ResizeArray
- added Actor.ResetAI (similar to console function)
- fixed ActorBase.GetIndexOf*
- fixed Utility.CreateArray initialization with empty Forms/Aliases
- added support for skse.ExtendData(true) to enchanting/alchemy/smithing/crafting menus
- added Ingredient/Potion/Scroll/Spell.GetIsNthEffectKnown/Magnitudes/Areas/Durations/MagicEffects
- added Quest.GetAliasById/GetAliases
- fixed Armor.ModArmorRating to disallow underflow
- added FormList.ToArray/AddForms
- added experimental GameData functions
- TreeObject and Flora accept general forms as produce
- added diagnostic messages that help detecting the cause of common crashes or problems.
	(1) Shows which masterfile is missing when the game CTDs on startup.
	(2) Lists the missing files in the removed content dialog when loading a save.
	Both are disabled by default; to enable them add this to \Data\SKSE\skse.ini:
	[General]
	EnableDiagnostics=1

SKSE has been updated to version 1.7.3. Source

Whatsnew:

- added diagnostic messages that help detecting the cause of common crashes or problems.
	(1) Shows which masterfile is missing when the game CTDs on startup.
	(2) Lists the missing files in the removed content dialog when loading a save.
	Both are disabled by default; to enable them add this to \Data\SKSE\skse.ini:
	[General]
	EnableDiagnostics=1

Many thanks for the heads up!

Those last two will be very useful for the mod end-users. I understand the reasons why they'd be disabled by default, but at least for trouble shooting it's something people can suggest enabling when somebody cries about CTD at startup.

Do they both actually show a dialogue on screen when the game is running, or is it just a log file message?

There are indeed messages displayed on screen. Have a look at this post from schlangster.

I tested case #2 earlier this day for myself already, and it's working great. ::):

Edit:

A bit further down he also said this:

Once it has been tested a bit, we can probably enable it by default.

Edited by pStyl3

• 1 month later...
For SKSE 1 07 02  we put skse_1_9_32.dll, skse_loader.exe, and skse_steam_loader.dll in Skyrim Folder.  Then install scripts to MO and include SKSE folder with SKSE.ini in said folder.

Now all the other mods that utilize SKSE like;

PapyrusUtil - Modders Scripting Utility Functions = SKSE\Plugins\StorageUtil.dll

Stable uGridsToLoad = SKSE\Plugins\CellStabilizer.dll

Double Cursor Fix = SKSE\Plugins\DCF_Plugin.dll

etc, just go in MO and should not be in Skyrim folder 

I know this is probably a bonehead question since I would think you guys at STEP would have said so if it needed to be elsewhere.   But for whatever reason my brain is telling me to question this so I am.  I apollogize if it is a pointless question.