Flickering Meshes Fix (by nicola89b and gururaj20000)

DoubleYou

8 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

I'm just going to hide the faulty Solitude mesh from Flickering Mesh Fixes for the time being, reverting to original SMIM. I don't want any sails on the windmills...

This is the question for all then. I like them either way. Sails are more practical though. Ideal would be variation: sails, tattered sails, no sails.

12 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

So that is why I had this issue! I have the sails version installed because of the issue, as I thought it was a SMIM issue with DynDOLOD 3. Could probably either use sails version or hide this mod's mesh. 

Also, probably should check if we have any flickering or other potential mesh bugs with whatever is chosen.

11 minutes ago, z929669 said:

(but without that horrid Dungeons 3D Ropes and Glorious Scaffolding option.

By the way I'd been meaning to follow up on that. The SMIM FOMOD options for 'Ropes - 3D Dungeons' are misleading:

1. Dungeons 3D Ropes and Glorious Scaffolding
  2. Dungeons 3D Ropes

If you select #2, you might think you only get 3D ropes. That's not true. It also installs all the scaffolding meshes - which is good! The only difference is that the "questionable" wood textures are not installed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

By the way I'd been meaning to follow up on that. The SMIM FOMOD options for 'Ropes - 3D Dungeons' are misleading:

1. Dungeons 3D Ropes and Glorious Scaffolding
  2. Dungeons 3D Ropes

If you select #2, you might think you only get 3D ropes. That's not true. It also installs all the scaffolding meshes - which is good! The only difference is that the "questionable" wood textures are not installed.

Yeah, I assumed as much. I think one of the screens over there showed that option.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what was decided in the end, but as I'm writing this, the SMIM and Flickering Mesh Fixes installation instructions still don't agree either way. This is a friendly reminder you may want to address the discrepancy.

A. Wind Sails everywhere:

• SMIM FOMOD: select DynDOLOD/SkyMills Compatibility Sails for Windmills
  • Flickering Mesh Fixes FOMOD: no change

B. Wind Sails nowhere:

• SMIM FOMOD: no change
  • Flickering Mesh Fixes FOMOD: don't tick SMIM[*] for Compatibility choices, or hide /meshes/architecture/solitude/swindmill.nif

[*] This option installs that one mesh only.

2 hours ago, Mousetick said:

I don't know what was decided in the end, but as I'm writing this, the SMIM and Flickering Mesh Fixes installation instructions still don't agree either way. This is a friendly reminder you may want to address the discrepancy.

A. Wind Sails everywhere:

• SMIM FOMOD: select DynDOLOD/SkyMills Compatibility Sails for Windmills
  • Flickering Mesh Fixes FOMOD: no change

B. Wind Sails nowhere:

• SMIM FOMOD: no change
  • Flickering Mesh Fixes FOMOD: don't tick SMIM[*] for Compatibility choices, or hide /meshes/architecture/solitude/swindmill.nif

[*] This option installs that one mesh only.

Should be good now

• 6 months later...

Updated Yesterday removing Dyndolod options.

• Version 1.9

• Keep in mind if you are updating to not just overwrite the old version but to delete and reinstall this.

REMOVED:
      - Dyndolod option has been removed. The reason is you don't need it. Consider to remove previus installation as mentioned above.
      - Removed markarthwaterfallcliff03.nif because seems I can't fix it without break it :-(

BUG FIXES:
      - Fixed a little bug with farmhouse05.nif
      - Fixed a little bug with scastle.nif

ADDED MESHES:
      - RIFTEN
      - rtlandl01.nif
      - rtlandr01.nif

- Added suppert for Riften Architectural Details (REMOVED:
      - Dyndolod option has been removed. The reason is you don't need it. Consider to remove previus installation as mentioned above.
      - Removed markarthwaterfallcliff03.nif because seems I can't fix it without break it :-(

BUG FIXES:
      - Fixed a little bug with farmhouse05.nif
      - Fixed a little bug with scastle.nif

ADDED MESHES:
      - RIFTEN
      - rtlandl01.nif
      - rtlandr01.nif

- Added support for Riften Architectural Details (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/70854/)
  •  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

Thanks.

No changes needed to wiki instructions

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

That's actually because I updated them last night when I was updating my install.

This mod actually needs to be moved below MM. We're installing the compatibility option for MM, but then allowing MM to overwrite it. :happy: So this mod needs to be moved between MM and Majestic Mountains - Patch for Dynamic Volumetric Lighting and Sun Shadows or that one file needs to be hidden in MM. It's easier to just move it down one row.